z

Young Writers Society

YWS Apollo FAQ

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:35 am
View Likes
Cadi says...

I just don't get notifications for threads anymore. Which I guess you could say is "fixed"... :P
"The fact is, I don't know where my ideas come from. Nor does any writer. The only real answer is to drink way too much coffee and buy yourself a desk that doesn't collapse when you beat your head against it." --Douglas Adams

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:50 am
Rosendorn says...

You get notifications if you start a thread (I got notifications for these comments), but, yes, you no longer get notifications just for posting on a thread.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:53 am
View Likes
Cadi says...

Ahh. That would be why I never get any, then. The number of threads I've started is lurking somewhere around either zero or one xD
"The fact is, I don't know where my ideas come from. Nor does any writer. The only real answer is to drink way too much coffee and buy yourself a desk that doesn't collapse when you beat your head against it." --Douglas Adams

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:53 pm
SetSytes says...

I've just been asked for 500 points to create a new work, when previously it was always 250. How come? Couldn't find this answered elsewhere.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:50 pm
niteowl says...

@SetSytes, the points cost changes based on how full the Green Room is. When the Green Room is full, it goes on high alert and the points to post goes to 500. Review and it will go back down.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

21 Reviews

Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:03 pm
SetSytes says...

It's possible I skimmed over the whole 'here's an explanation for everything' because I don't know what the green room is :P I'm guessing if there's too many new works then it costs more to post? Pretty good idea anyway.

Thanks for the answer.

21 Reviews

Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:05 pm
SetSytes says...

Aaaand I just saw the Alert and entered the green room for the first time. It all makes sense now!

It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind