z

Young Writers Society

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Random avatar

Reviews: 16
Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:07 pm
Taxi says...

Please mark your spoilers! ^_^

Anyone else playing the new Zelda? I'm loving it so much so far. The story is one of the best Zelda's ever had in my opinion. The characters, the world, it's all fantastic! Especially Zelda! She has personality now! And she's adorable! Oh so adorable!

So. Adorable.

Anyway, as for my progress in the game...

Spoiler! :
I just finished the Lanayru Mine dungeon. Zelda gave me the Goddess' Harp and I'm back in Skyloft working on getting the pinwill for that Windmill.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:44 am
Kale says...

Zelda is adorable. And pretty darn competent, even though most of said competence is off-screen.

I love how the game looks. It's so vibrant and colorful, and the motion controls are so well-integrated.

And Groose is awesome.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

Random avatar

Reviews: 16
Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:58 am
Taxi says...

Kyllorac wrote:Zelda is adorable. And pretty darn competent, even though most of said competence is off-screen.

I love how the game looks. It's so vibrant and colorful, and the motion controls are so well-integrated.

And Groose is awesome.

Totally agree with all of the above. I love how Zelda actually does things in this Zelda. Though she was
Spoiler! :
Shiek
in Ocarina of Time, I think that's the only other time she didn't just... sit around and wait for Link to save the world. And she's adorable!

The game looks amazing~ I didn't like the aesthetics when I first saw the game, but they grew on me, fast. It's like playing a game that takes place in a painting or something. ^_^

And Groose is definitely awesome. That scene where...

Spoiler! :
...you're falling into the woods, and suddenly he appears above you and he freaks out, etc. and when you land he's shocked by the world. That's when I started liking him a lot.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:06 am
View Likes
Kale says...

I think that's the only other time she didn't just... sit around and wait for Link to save the world.

Zelda's fairly active in the background in the Wind Waker world, and you actually get to play as her in Spirit Tracks, so she's not all that passive. ;P

And Groose is definitely awesome. That scene where...

Spoiler! :
...you're falling into the woods, and suddenly he appears above you and he freaks out, etc. and when you land he's shocked by the world. That's when I started liking him a lot.

Ditto. Before then, he was the stereotypical bully, but after that scene, he became human.

It helps that that scene was absolutely hilarious.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

I was weeping as much for him as her; we do sometimes pity creatures that have none of the feeling either for themselves or others.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights