z

Young Writers Society

The YWS 2011 Yearbook

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:49 am
Daisuki says...

I love this website. That is all.

Well, not quite. But that's the main point.
I haven't been here too long, not to many people know me, but the reviews I've gotten and the poetry and blogs I have read have touched me. I'm elated with that fact that there are people out there with fingers that can tap and hands that can scrawl raw emotion into a piece. Knowing that there is a whole new level I can work towards, one that might be able to make someone's chest tight or cause them to smile, makes me want to go forward. So thank you, Nate, YWS, and all the people it is.

That is all. Really.
Last edited by Daisuki on Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, I wish I was punk-rocker with flowers in my hair.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:50 am
RWMcKinleys says...

R.W
Howdy!!!!!!

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:51 am
View Likes
sarebear says...

I have peed here. My territory.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll eat for a lifetime. Talk to a hungry man about fish, and you're a psychologist.

Random avatar

Reviews: 41
Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:55 am
View Likes
GrantBlayfur says...

-reserves an awesome spot for later-

Though all I really do is stalk in chat. But still. :3

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:59 am
View Likes
mattimias says...

Months have passed.
18 posts only for me.
Add a few reviews to the mix.
My contribution is miniscule.
But I am still alive.
I have done a little-
Grain of sand in the desert
Yet even it matters.
Last edited by mattimias on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am... RealmStrike. Fear me.

94 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 94
Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:39 am
TheEstimableEelz says...

YWS is nice, I suppose. If only it was more full of the college crowd...
Formerly 'ilyaeelz.' Others experiment with drugs. I experiment with punctuation and grammar.

"Research your own experiences for the truth, absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is specifically your own." - Bruce Lee

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:42 am
View Likes
Jagged says...

I been a bad absent Jag but I feel like this is a good time and place to say I love errrryone in this bar.
(also i <3 you. yes, you. you guys know who you are.)
Lumi: they stand no chance against the JAG SAFETY BLANKET

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:02 am
View Likes
Dreamwalker says...

Spot claimed, in the back near the exit, right where I like it ;).

Be prepared for a rant, dearies. Its going to be a bumpy ride.

Oh where shall I begin?

So, after a lot of deliberation, and a bit of inspiration brought on by some newer members at the time, I came back to YWS after a six to eight month haitus. I believe it was early March, though I can't quite put my finger on when. All I know is that I came back, and I hadn't expected I would stay.

You see, this site is pretty magical in how it has this sort of adhesive quality. You want to get into the thick of things; belong, and belong is such a big part of this site seeing as we all belong somewhere and there is always someone who cares. I don't think there are too many places in this world, let alone sites, with people who want and need each other as much as we do, and we become so much stronger because of each other.

I didn't want to come back those months ago because, and in all honesty, most of the people I had originally befriended here long ago are no longer members, moving on into the vastness of life. And I can't blame them. This site made them stronger when they were here. Strong enough to face the world with guns blazing, and that's a pretty fantastic thing.

Now, I've never been the type to be a sentimentalist, but as of late, my sentiments seem to be owed, quite frankly, and I would like to pay homage to the people who made my coming back easy and, quite frankly, a whole lot of fun.

thatoddkid: Now you have been one of the main reasons I stayed. A fantastic writer, first and foremost, but one of the most understanding and truly wonderful people I have ever met. A genius, in my eyes, and someone who can easily touch the hearts of anyone you speak to. You may not know it, but you are wonderful. A truly amazing human being.

Kamas: My nub. One of the few people still here from my generation, and one of the few in which I still treasure as a great friend. I've seen you grow and become the fantastic poet you is. Once upon a time, I would have thought you to be hopeless, but I was wrong. You blossomed when I left, and now you a brilliant poet and a brilliant friend.

Lumi: There are probably not enough words in the dictionary to explain how thankful I am for you. And for your being there at a time I needed someone. I know I'm not the greatest friend, and I know my opinions clashed with yours often, but you are still one of the people I treasured on this site, so please take this as an apology as well, if you ever end up reading it. Though, of course, I'm sure you're already tired of my apologies.

Rosey Unicorn: You inspire me. Honestly, you do so much and work so hard and yet you push it off as being nothing at all. I look up to you when things look as if they are getting too hard because you, who have your problems just like the rest of us, have such an affinity for standing up and, moreover, being yourself. You are such a strong personality and such a wonderful friend. You joined a month before I did, and I will always remember you as my first YWS friend, so I thank you for the three years of being there and hopefully another couple years to come.

MeanMrMustard: For being an absolute doll.

For everything that has ever happened and for everything that I couldn't fix and that wouldn't change. This ones for you because, when it came down to it, you were there, and I really hope that I was there when and if you needed me. You're going to have a fantastic life because you're a fantastic person, and I'm not ashamed to admit that. Not now.

Thank you for making this year wonderful, love. You are honestly one of the most brilliant poets, let alone people I have ever had the chance of speaking with. Hopefully we shall be friends for many moons to come.

And lastly,

carbonCore: I suppose you'll never find this, and if you do, you'll probably shake your head at it, but if I left you out of the people to thank, I would feel horrendous (yes, I know I'm being ridiculously over-sentimental, it's almost gag-worthy). You were one of the main reasons I stayed, if not the main reason I did. Your music scares me, and so does most of your writing, but you have ridiculous amounts of talent, and such a warm, inviting personality. It was very hard not to want to be your friend.

As it goes, after you disappeared, things have not quite been the same, and I suppose I still hold that inkling of a hope that one day, you will come back. Merely, if there has ever been a happy time in my life that was worth remembering, it was June. And it was because of this site and because of the people here and because of you. I miss you and I hope your life is filled to the brim with amazing, Cervantish excitement, and that you'll see the world a little bit brighter because, hell, its not always easy to see the bigger picture and to hope for better things. But you inspire me. And you give me hope. So don't lose that light. It would be too big a shame if you did.

And now that that's done;

I just wanted to say thank you, YWS, for everything you've been and done for me. This year has been a crazy roller-coaster of ups and downs and, without this place, I don't know if I would be as sane as I am right now.

So in the briefest way possible, thank you.

~Walker
Last edited by Dreamwalker on Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:54 am
View Likes
Lava says...

2011 has been a good enough year. I've made some wonderful new friends here, found someone from my city on YWS and came third a freaking national writing contest.
And it's my pre-final year at uni, with me gearing toward grad studies.

In all, it was fun and you guys made it all the more special.

*barfs rainbow*

Huge list, but y'all are awesome and some of you've helped me in so many different ways.
Love you guys!
<3

~Lava

P.S. I managed to add a note to all of you. To those whom I might've missed, you still rock my YWSworld.

Spoiler! :
ancientforever You're cool! Although we haven't really spoken

anti-pop
You came back for a few days. Come baaaack. You're awesome and made my first few days on YWS worthwhile.

ArcticMonkey Oh Tammy! I miss talking to you. Crazy uni schedules.

Audy Oddster! We just got 'round to talking. Here's to a better year!

Azila Zilalove! You're awesome even with your Nordic inclination and bush-hiding dreams. <3 Thank you for making me push my writing boundary.

AquaMarine Amex! You're baaack! <3 *hugs*

BaronFlame Dang. Another person I wish I had the time to talk to more. Your poetry is lykwoah. Thanks for a goodread always.

beckiw wuhwuhwuh. That's all I can think of when I see your name. Keep rocking in that new house. And thank you for just being an awesome person, especially in chat.

BenFranks PIE!3.14! Where are you?

BigBadBear Thank you for very 'like'able statuses. ;) Nah, you rock, Jared.

Bintulislam Hello friend from a friendly nation! ;) Keep amazing me with your great style of writing.

BlueAfrica GreeeenAfrica! All I can think of is Monsanto moment. But we need to talk more, okay?

Bolt - oh you know. Because he is Bolt.

BondGirl007 Hopity. I loved it when you used to traipse across A&P when we both were new-ish. 'Hope' to see you around soon, JamBondly.

borntobeawriter Tanya! Ilove you so much. For your strength, your writing and awesomeness. December kids are indeed the bestest. Best of luck, dear. EDIT: I'm pretty positive you're a mama now. CONGRATS!

Caligula's Launderette You're musically on a high note!

Calligraphy *noms* You're a fun person, and seeing you around makes me happy!

captain.classy Your face. I can't see. Come back, and start bein all classeh. After you're our *only* classy JM.

CelticaNoir You're a really strong person and I love talking to you, even if we meet rarely in chat.

Charlie II AyeAye! You're just waay awesome, and stay that way.

chibibo Thanks for being the best shiitake ever.

ChocoCookie D'aww, you're soo cute. And I totally get confused with Muffins and you.

ChocolateMoonLight I need to see your writing! And we need to talk more. Also, I've learnt quite a bit from the way your write, even though I critique it. So, thanks.

Demeter DEAAAAAAAAN! Earrings!

Demoness We haven't spoken much, but you rock

dhanshucool You're a good friend, aye you are!

DreamingForever *noms* When uni isn't crazy I shall find time to talk to you. But know that you're win.

Dreamwalker Stay awesome. And your blogs/rants sometimes help me identify what's going on wrong with me. Thanks.

DukeofWonderland You're a whole bundle of fun!

Durriedog Durrie! I haven't seen you in a while. I miss your art.

earendil I thank you for not stealing L

ehte92 Main dukhi hoon, kyunki hum meet nahi kar sakthe. Tu ek acche dost hain, aur meri terrible hindi ko help karne ke liye, dhanvaad. (WHeeew)

Elinor Brynn Lii! <33 Come 'round more

Evi You are seriously one of the most talented persons I've ever seen. Keep being awesome and cutelyk.

fluteluvr77 Floooty! <333

GeeLyria Solvy! You're just awesome, especially when in chat!

GryphonFledgling *salutes* Keep rocking!

Hannah IFOLLOWYOURBLOG. And you rock. (My friends think so too). Stay awesome.

HarryPotterRocks Another awesomely hyper friend on YWS! Glad to have gotten to know you

harshita3chaarag Yo! I miss your face here. Thanks for a wonderful Poetry Pairs time!

Idraax I love your writing. Dang, I keep looking at it to improve mine.

Isha Ishy face! *crawl onto head* I loff you somuch.

JabberHut I love how we've become better friends this year. Here's to another one. *chinks*

Jas You're awesome, and we really need to talk more. I know we started to, and then, uni came and started being a pain

Jenthura Where are you? I miss your art. Thank you for making me think about art more.

joshuapaul Another writer par excellence. I learn a lot from your works

Kafkaescence Kafka. Dude. I love reading your works and it takes a while, but I love them. Thanks for teaching me to be a better writer.

Kamas Poetry. 'Nuff said

Kitty15 You are just so much win!

Kylan We've never spoken, but I admire your writing, even if I can't begin to comprehend it.

Kyllorac (Oh 'tis your budday! :D ) Your poetry, lykwoah dude.

Lauren2010 You're just so awesome. And even if you don't blog often I love it when you do.

Lavvie LAVTWIN! Need I say more? <3

Lilymoore Seestah! ILU So much. We need to get 'round to talking more.

Lumi Dude. You're amazing. Be it writing or your hare-brained schemes and general awesomosity, you're just awegreat

manisha We're just getting to know each other, but you rock!

Meep(: Meepy! ILU and your fantabulous art. ANd you've always been a wonderful friend

Meshugenah Thanks for being an epicsauce admin/awesome reader <33

MiaParamore You are waaay too awesome, and ILU so much god-daughter! Seeing you in green is awesome, and good luck for 10th.

Mira Because you're epic, with an epic username!

murtuza Namma ooru person! We should meet. Someday. Okay? Let's make that happen. (ANd I totally loved that you cross-dressed for the play!)

Nate Thank for everything. In fact, I wouldn't be writing all this if it weren't for you.

Octave My favourite eight-sided figure.

PenguinAttack Guini, ILU! You're seriously made of win, and although your poetry baffles me, I can see the beauty in them.

Persy More poetry love. You're just awesome and glad you're back-ish.

PoetryWorkshop Seriously, you are totes AWESOME.

Priceless You're a wonderful, strong person. Another one whom I think I should talk to more, yet I don't find the time.

RachaelElg One word - Linguistics. You are just so uber talented, and a wonderful person. Glad I got to know you. EinBerlinMore!

Ranger Hawk Castle friend! <33 Also, well, Logan's okay, y'know? (Okayokay, don't kill me. He's awesome.)

Rosey Unicorn I've told you a zillion times, and yet again, I have to say : I admire you for how much effort you put and how you are just simply mindblowingly awesome at that. *bows*

Ruth Grinion! I miss talking to you. <33

Sadhana You. I hate you for not peeking into YWS more often.

Shearwater Awesomtastic friend. Your activity just makes me all happy!

Snoink You're just always amazing, and I can't wait for FREAK to be published! And I am amazed by your engineering love, fellow engineer. <33

Squall You're amazing. And your science. Woah. And you've been a great friend.

shoaib I'm happy to have gotten to know you. I ust hope we can talk more.

Skins Skinsyface! You're such an amazing writer, and although you're hiding behind Paul, I must say you're still uber win

SmylinG Supernatural!!! We must talk more, okay?

StellaThomas You're awesome, with your princess love and gurlyness along with Demseh. Plus, you always remind me of those books. ;D

shiney1 Your interest in photography is awesome! :D

tr3x Dude. You're win. I love reading your posts, and thanks for that. Lots.

TwistedMuffins Woah, Muffinsy! You're so totally awesome. It's sad that our wall-talking sort of dwindles.

Twit Twit. Oh you're such a wonderful Twit. Your statuses are always win!

xDudettex Dude(tte)! You're awesome!
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:35 am
View Likes
ehte92 says...

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER, YWS. Image
Are you living for the things you are praying for?

272 Reviews

Reviews: 272
Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:26 am
View Likes
beckiw says...

Is Mine...
'The creation of a single world comes from a huge number of fragments and chaos.' - Hayao Miyazaki

279 Reviews

Reviews: 279
Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:32 am
View Likes
MasterGrieves says...

My spot....people!!!
The Nation of Ulysses Must Prevail!

If you don't like Mikko, you better friggin' die.

The power of Robert Smith compels you!

Adam + Lisa ♥

When you greet a stranger look at his shoes.
Keep your money in your shoes.

I was 567ajt

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:21 pm
View Likes
PenguinAttack says...

Thankyou.

-Penguin.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.
— Markus Zusak, The Book Thief