z

Young Writers Society

The YWS 2011 Yearbook

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:23 pm
lilymoore says...

So, we had one in 2007 (I wasn’t here, but Nate said so, so it must be true), we had one in 2009 (it was forgotten in 2008 for some reason or another), and we had one in 2010 so I figured, why not do it again this year.

The rules, in Nate’s words, are pretty simple:

Nate wrote:This is pretty much a free-for-all. Like any yearbook, you can simply leave a very short message, or if you like, leave a very long and rambling message. Talk about your favorite YWS memories from the past year such as friendships you have made or how YWS has helped you with your writing. If you just joined a few days ago (or even several months ago), write about joining YWS.

Artwork and pictures are welcome.

Remember, have fun with it!
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:39 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

First spot!

Spoiler! :
Skype Group

I'm grouping all of you together so I can just renew the lease on our group chat for another year. You guys don't even know how much you mean to me--and that you're literally my best friends now. I think that's weird, but only in that sad sort of way when you realize that you don't know people in real life who put together emergency SOPA packs and tumblr spams and talks about ridiculous things 24/7--literally. You guys are great, and my life would be a ridiculously boring mess without you all.

r0z13 t3h un1cr0n

Girl. I just. I don't even. You're the most dedicated, hard-working person I've met in my entire life, and you do everything with so much effort and passion that it becomes freakin' contagious. So I want you to remember, no matter how god-awful those classmates of yours are, that you have natural leader in your blood. If you don't believe me, read this message again. Your passion is contagious. Your effort is viral. Never forget that. And never forget that you're the most atomic unicorn.

Dr. Androgyny

I had to pair you up with Rosey, obviously. Ever since I made the comment about you being a faithful duo, I just couldn't let it slide. Of all my friends here, you've taken the most to figure out. I have you to blame for a renewed interest in science, as well as the slight improvement of my poetry across time. Those talons have fairy dust on 'em, I swear.

Bombinb Adorbab

I couldn't figure out whether you would want a blurb about you in this post. I mean...really. I tell you every chance I get. We talk neeearly all the time. And we have more inside jokes than Bill and HIllary Clinton, for God's sake. But in context of YWS, you've been completely unchanging. You worry way too much about things that are completely manageable, but that worry is so dang adorable. Always be my on-the-road phonecall buddy. Always.

barelyapoet

It took you leaving for me to realize that I liked having you around. Heh. Ain't that original.

Scar

To be very honest, Scar, we haven't talked that much this year. I blame that green goop the mod squad spilled on me in January. But I thought it'd be cool for you to know that I probably wouldn't have stuck around YWS in the very beginning if it hadn't been for you and that Wanderlust storybook. It was literally the only thing that I was interested in for a long while. So thank you!

Ellie from Italy

No matter what your name or how often we speak, you'll always be one of the best friends I've made here. I don't know how it happened, but I'm really, really glad it did. I think my sleep schedule is in Japan now, so we'll catch up when possible~

Isha

Welcome to the dark side. >:] You have really, really impressed me this year. With how much you've grown, and how mature you've become. If it means anything, you're my default talking post about touchy religion now because of your level head and beautiful insights. Don't change, especially since we don't agree~

Walker

I promise that I'll do my best to trust your judgment calls for now on. ;.; I promise. I absolutely hate how that one mess ruined our friendship, but I do want you to knowwww that I honestly was only trying to protect you. But yus. You got a huge taste of Lumi the screw-up during these last few months. Thanks for remaining the same.

Odd

I will say two things.
    1. You deserve so much better, and
    2. Come back. I miss you too much for my own good.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:41 pm
View Likes
Tigersprite says...

Haven't been too active this year, so I'll keep it short. :wink:

YWS is still an online home-away-from-home, and even though I'm not too active I still love the site. Writing's my passion and everyone here who's ever reviewed my work has helped me learn to write, and write well. Not to mention I've made so many friends along the way. Some I've talked to recently and some I haven't, but a new year is coming up and hopefully that'll change.

So quick shout-outs to Tanya (and baby Liam!), Ahmadblues, Azi, Azalealexis, Lumi(nator), MiaParamore, Rach, Pink, Skeensy, Kagi and of course all the mods and especially Nate, and everyone else really, even if I didn't mention your name. Merry Christmas whether you celebrate or not and have a Happy New Year.

Tiger
Last edited by Tigersprite on Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:55 pm
View Likes
Blues says...

It's been 5 months since I've been here. Five amazing months. I've met so many great people, learnt so much in writing, actually learnt how to write a short story, got featured and made friends and ate qaralynn too. I remember the first time I saw this place, it was like I was a kid (toddler in this case, you could still consider me a kid, seeing as I'm a minor) who found out we were going to ToysRUs. No. Bad example. Going to Disney land. No... actually opening my eyes and seeing disneyland.
Yeah.

I've loved every single moment of it here. I'm so glad I found it!

Special mentions:

Nate and the Mod Squad that rhymes. Nate, I'm trying not to make this cliché but THANK YOU for making this site. It's changed my life. It's probably your favourite cliché too ^_^
Mods, thanks for keeping this site up and running. You're all great people too! I love speaking with one of you.

Writer97 I think I'm already sounding like an old man.I sound like I'm 70 years older than my age XD But Panda, thanks a ton for making me feel so welcome here. I remember our conversations when I stayed up until 4 am and we'd find it so weird how it was 4 am here but 10pm over there XD

AlexInCircusLand, AmeliaCogin, xMidnightWriterx, Lava, Esther Sylvester, RachaelElg... I think that's everyone,Thanks too for making me feel so welcome! :D

YWS Family collectively No comment. You're all amazing.

qaralynn! My Awesome mum! XD I remember when I "ate" you

MurtuzaI love talking with you. And you act so much like my best friend. It's so awesome/weird XD

HarryPotterRocksaka Ceramic/Ceramy, RAWR!

Justagirl JAG, You and Ceramy, such eeevil procrastinators. You should be writing/doing homework, not spamming my wall! ;D You two are amazing though :D

Deanie you're a great, kind person! I'm so glad to have met you.

TwistedMuffins Your username makes me hungry. STOP IT! XD

Ancientforever Word wars! They were so much fun :D

Everyone at IC like DukeOfWonderland, Priceless, Alpha etc You all rock! I'm so glad to have met you all.

xDudettex Your taste in music is great! :D We've only just met but you seem like a really nice person :)

JabberHut You're awesome. All I have to say :D

Rosey Unicorn I've asked a few questions this year and you've usually answered them really kindly :D

Mikko, GeeLyria You two are on my YWS family tree and I'm so glad to have met you both. You're both great people.

567ajt Dude. I love how you actually can talk politics and you're a great person to talk to. I've learned a lot from you, from guitars to everything else.

Everyone else I probably haven't met you, but you'[re part of YWS and I'm sure you're a great person ^_^

Those who I've missed You may or may not eat my face if I've missed you. According to Vasticity, it tastes like Sushi. His words.

Bye for now! (No I'm not leaving YWS xD)

Mac/Ahmad/AhmadBlues/Blue/Ducky/Mad/Other nickname seeing as I have a billion :D
Last edited by Blues on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:00 am, edited 6 times in total.

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:55 pm
lilymoore says...

Fourthsies!
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:16 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

NUMBER FIVE.
*prays that she doesn't forget this.*

Mikko- To my Marco. *recites some poetry* But anyway, I love you dearly. One of the best friends I have on this site. :3 You have been there for me, and always been willing to talk, even if you should be asleep or doing homework. I love our ramblings when we should be working, and how we never really get any work done. I loffles you.<3333

Sakuragirl1- Tacks! My YWSBFF! I tell you looooadddss of stuff. And you always listen. You also give me great advice to which I am very thankful. <333

Bluewaterlily- Oh how I love you! You always make me smile with your PMs on chat. <3
Stori- Oh Reapiecheak! I miss you so! I've always loved our conversations... <3

Angelreader77- Ah, I remember when you first joined. *whips away tear* I'm so proud of the YWS member you have become! <3

TommySneak-YommyHusband! I loffles you, even though you don't come on much. You have the weirdest answers for everything, and you love paintball. And unigoats. ;)

Emoticon220- Lian! Thanks for letting me use you to exersize my romance advice. <3

quaralynn- Oneeyedman! Thanks for letting me realize my full evull potentional.

567Ajt- You and I talk lyrics!

Ranger Hawk- Just <3 Your Logan obsession always makes me smile.

SisterItaly-Even though you don't call me Dill anymore, and you love Lian more than me, I love you dearly Emmett.

StellaThomas-You, my dear CinderStella are amazing.

ScarlettFire- I <3 you. 'Nuff said <3 You give me really good advice, and you're really good at calming down when I'm upset.

beckiw- My monkey <3 I loffles you, even if you aren't in chat as much as you used to be. or maybe it's me that's not in chat as much... *considers possibility*

GrantBlayfur-I've gotten to know you, Campingloff, and I <3 you dearly. You're one of my best friends on here, and I love the conversations we have. <3333333333 I LOVE YOU.

Kitty15- One of my favorite mods! <33

Isha- Why, you're my Ishiesswimingwiththefishes! And you make me laugh. <3

Rosey Unicorn- I put you on this list, because you always listen when I have a problem and need a mod, no matter how stupid it is, and you let me call you first Horn, then Rainbow Chicken, and you don't care at all.

JabberHut- PIZZA HUT. I loffles you to death. You're one of my favorite Global mods. <333 Or just people in general. You always are up for a chat, and just in general make me go 8D.

Demeter- You sing songs with me. Also, your avie is Simba. So, how could I not love you?

fireheartedkaratepup- I love you Karratt. Bottom line. You and I have awesome conversations, and you make me giggle.

Nate- No words could express the gratitude I have for you. <3

SmilynG- MY MARCO. ;)

Vasticity- I put you on this list just for the soul purpose of being able to say. I LOFFVLES YOU. :)

WTMeighan- I miss you so, I know Uni is taking up your time right now. I loved our Cap abuse ramblings and talking about living in boxes. Loved it.

xDudettex- Even though we don't talk that often, when we do, I enjoy our conversations. We really should get to know each other better. *new year resolution*

HarryPotterRocks- LIGHTNING BOLT. *nods* I think I am done here. I'd love to get to know you better!

I hope I got everyone!

Also,
To all the mods that ever have existed, thank you.
To all the people how have reviewed me/ liked me/ followed me, thank you.

Lumi, Charlie II, Volt, Flemzo, GeeLyria, Redfang, PrincessofDeath(Ribbit), Deanie,AhmadBlues and my chat peoples,
I <3 you! Thanks for being amazing!

I <3 every single person on this site. <33
Last edited by LadySpark on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:51 am, edited 14 times in total.
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:22 pm
View Likes
Master_Yoda says...

Hi. *subject to edit*
#TNT

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
-- Robert Frost

I review your reviews: viewtopic.php?f=188&t=94522

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:47 pm
Rosendorn says...

First page placeholder.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

403 Reviews

Reviews: 403
Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:51 pm
SmylinG says...

*placeholder!*
Paul is my little, evil, yellow bundle of joy.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:57 pm
View Likes
Dragongirl says...

So this is my first year and I must say this site has made me a writer. (I just thought I was one when I joined. :wink: )

Seems like everyone says this, but I'm going to say it again because it is so true. There are nicest people are on this site! I have felt welcome from the first day I was here and I must say thank you a billion times. You guys are a amazing, supportive, helpful, and an all around, wonderful group. I couldn't be happier to part of the Young Writers Society family.

So the shoutouts now.

BlueAfrica You amaze me. I will always look up to you for writing a novel in 30 days. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I want to be you when I grow up. I'm glad that I've gotten to know you as much as I have in the past month and I hope to get to know you better

joshuapaul The guy who told me not to be cliche. You must be mentioned for the almost insanely thorough review that you gave my novel 'Hook'. You have a great nack for pointing out what is good in a piece and what is garbage. I love that about you. Never change.

Leahweird My fellow lover of fairy tales and happy endings. You are always so good about reviewing my stuff and if I didn't like you before, that would seal the deal. You are so talented and I'm aways happy when I see that you've posted something.

MiddleEarthGal My first convert to this site. :D May you be joined by many more. You are a very talented writer and if you ever actual have time to finish your noval 'Shift', girl, you'll be going places.

mikepyro The guy with the complete lack of modesty. The guy who titled a piece The Most Awesome Story Ever, got away with it and got featured to boot. You make me smile and I have enjoyed our conversations.

redneckred You're my best friend and you will probably never read this since you're aren't ever on here because you only join because I bugged you into it. I love ya and I still think you have the potential to be a really good writer.

xDudettex You're only at the bottom because I listed the names alphabetically or because I was saving the best for last, you pick. :wink: You are a great writer and reviewer, you really are good at spotting those little things that are so annoying to a reader and really drag down a story. Thank you bunches for your superduper helpful reviews. They make me happy.

Well that is all for now. I love this site and I plan to stick around a good long time.

Thank you guys. ~DG
Last edited by Dragongirl on Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Every writer I know has trouble writing." - Joseph Heller

~ A word to the wise ain't necessary, it's the stupid ones who need advice.~
- Bill Cosby

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:00 pm
View Likes
Demeter says...

2011 has been such an eventful year for me. I got a driver's license, graduated from high school, had my first proper job, applied for university, got in university, met some amazing new people and saw some amazing new places. There was also that whole business with Disneyland. And last but not least, I moved away from home. And YWS has been with me through all these things, given me support and shared my overthemoons and disappointments. It's wonderful to have a cosy corner online where you can go when you're short on your dough. And even when you aren't.

Then for some greetings.

beckiw - (I mean, Becks.) I looooves you! You always facedesk at me being stupid but then you're just as stupid yourself muahahahaha like when you watch anime for the hot damaged guys that aren't real. I was so close to seeing you again :o but I'll still see you soon enough. And you listen to me patiently even though most of what I say is pretty silly. And you're good at making me feel better if I'm not feeling well!

Stella Thomas - (I mean, Stellanine.) Goshdarnyeah, I still spell it with a space. Not that I usually spell it. You know. Because I don't call you Stella Thomas. But I love you. You're the best princess and dress and boy talk friend. BOY. RIBBON. Punzi. SKAAANDAAAR. DEAN. DOCTOR. SAM. RORY. JASON. and whatnot. (and besides you're really reasonable. Sometimes I wish I could be as reasonable. Also it's fun to tease you mercilessly about boys.)

Charlie II - (I mean, Charliezard. I mean, Chavliezard.) Sometimes I wonder how you do everything that you do. You're always so optimistic and see the good in everything and everyone and you always smile. And your hair is amazing. I remember coming up with a perfect name for the colour but I can't remember it anymore. You also introduced me to a Clockwork Orange which is now one of my favourite books. And you're awegreat through and through. 8)

Blink - y. Seriously where are you. It's not funny anymore.

Then for some general lovelies:

Chiko - *sinister whisper* shirtless mud wrestling

Jabizzle - GAMER

Mesh - BOY

Heather - BOY

Moose - pikku prinssi and whatnot!

Twit - I mean, what. You like dried fruit.

Lauren2010, Elinor, Sarah/peanut19 - <3

Lovelies who seem amazing and whom I'd like to know better:

Mikko, qaralynn, deanie, Murzi

Woo for Fennoscandia:

Demoness - (Jag menar Saga.) Det är verkligen awegreat att känna nån som kommer från det underbara landet bredvid oss! Jag gillar att prata svenska med dig för ingen kan förstå oss xD det är liksom att vi har ett hemligt språk! Också du verkar en härlig person och jag hoppas att vi pratar mer i 2012.

AgainAnd/Amniel - pitäähän nyt suakin muistaa vaikkei olla kovin paljoa viime aikoina juteltukaan :) oon iloinen että sua taas näkee aina välillä nykyään! Ja muistin että en oo vieläkään vastannut sun viimeiseen viestiin mutta teen sen varmasti mitä pikimmin! Nähdään taas ja hyvää joulua jo näin etukäteen :D

And of course, all the new mods!

And Nate, OF COURSE!

And everyone else is really great too!

*breathes*

<3 <3
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:07 pm
View Likes
Lauren2010 says...

IT’S YEARBOOK TIME

borntobeawriter Tanya, my dear, you are the best friend I ever could have hoped to make through YWS. What started out as following your novel turned into gaining a friendship with a wonderful, lovely, strong woman that my life has been improved because of. You’re going to make an amazing mother. Baby Borntobe is one blessed little boy. <3

Spitfire Along the same lines as your sister, our friendship sprung out of reviewing your novel and I’m so glad. I always adore reviewing your work (*prods* and would adore getting to review new work of yours ;)) and adore receiving reviews from you. Thank you for being such a lovely person and friend. <3

JabberHut JABBER ILU JABBER. I don’t know how I managed to go so long without you in my life, but I’m so very glad that has changed! You’re such a wonderful person and an awegreat mod, and the best darn crew leader there ever was! :D Shirtless men for life ;)

Sachiko FFFFF SACHI. I may have written the first shirtless man, but I’m pretty sure you made it a thing. You’re a delight, and generally crazy but I love it. Don’t ever change, dear. :D And don’t forget: every man is better shirtless :P

Demeter <3 <3 You’re awegreat and I love you :)

RachaelElg I’m pretty sure that you’re amazing for about a thousand different reasons, including but not limited to being an awesome NaNo buddy and creator of the Shirtless Men club and an awegreat JM. I’m so glad you re-emerged on YWS and that I’ve gotten to know you. :) Stay awesome, even if you’re stuck in the lesser ‘Lin for a little while longer. <3

Lumi Lumidear I’m always in complete awe of how lovely a writer you are, and it’s a delight to be a part of two amazing storybooks with you. You’re a great JM and friend and I’m very glad I’ve gotten to know you more this year. :)

Isha Fishy you’re an awegreat storybooker and JM and it makes me so happy that Maura and Lein are going to hug in WEDK xD <3

Kitty15 You’re pretty much my superhero for running the first Fiction Workshop with me. It wouldn’t have been nearly as successful without your awesome leaderly skills and planning. I’m so glad I got to share that experience with you <3

Elinor Brynn Ellie dear you’re fantastic ^_^ I adore chatting with you about NaNo and boys and life. You’re a lovely and strong young woman and you’re going to do amazing things. Don’t ever change, dear. <3

Stella(nospace)Thomas Stella we’re going to rock the December Workshop, because you’re essentially awegreat and wonderful. I’m in constant awe of your crazy spitting off of anatomy facts in chat, and when I’m in Europe next fall I’m coming to visit. You don’t even have a choice. :P

Rosey Unicorn You are seriously my academic hero. I know I’ve said that a thousand times but you’re crazy dedicated and it amazes me. You’re such a talented young woman and you’re going to do amazing things. It’s been so lovely getting to chat with you more this year, let’s keep it up, okay? :)

Charlie II This message is coming from the PAAAAASSSTTTT: Due to my recent re-emergence in the chat world at the end of this year, we’ve just started interacting on YWS but you’re pretty awesome and enjoy my terrible lip-syncing so you’re probably a person I’d like to keep around :P

And to the general population of YWS (and anyone I may have missed here), you’re all so amazing and I would not be the person I am today without the influence of this website and everyone here. I am so honored to have been able to spend over two and a half years surrounded by such amazing and inspirational people. Stay awesome, and keep on keepin’ on YWS.

-Lauren-
Got YWS?

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:20 pm
Elinor says...

Dear YWS,

2011 has been an extremely difficult year for me. To say that a lot has happened would be an understatement. I could go on for ages about everything, but I won't. What matters is that while everything was happening, YWS was always there for me. I really, really love this website, and I wish I could be around more.

Below are a few people I want to mention specifically, even though you have all helped in some way or another:

Azila: Thank you so very much for giving me advice and answering my questions about vegetarianism. You're an inspiration to me whenever I get discouraged, and you've helped tremendously. It's been eight months and I'm still going strong, so thank you.

Calligraphy: Although we don't talk much, but for as long as I have known you have been eternally sweet and kind. And you love the Hunger Games. The world needs more people like you, darling. Stay golden. :)

Demeter: Deme, I love you. You're hilarious and awesome and beautiful and really smart. Chatting with you is always fun. Don't ever change. <3

Evi: It's really nice to have someone my own age, with all the same interests, to talk to, whether it's about writing or school or acting. I always really enjoy talking to you. Stay awesome!

Explosive_Pen: We don't talk much, but you're up here for a couple of reasons. First of all, I read your blogs and even though I don't comment on them, I've noticed how you've grown and changed and some of the things you write are really inspiring to read, especially for someone who is going through similiar things. Also, you should know that despite your doubts, you are beautiful and capable and very kind. Also, you helped and encouraged me to make a very hard descicion. Even though it turn out the way we had both hoped, I'm still glad I made the desicion, and I don't know where I would be if I hadn't, and I don't think I would have had you not encouraged me and talked to me about it. So, thank you.

Isha: Whenever you're in chat, you always make me smile. Let's talk more.

JabberHut: Oh my goodness Jabber. I love you so much it's unreal. I love how I can talk to you about anything and everything, whether it's boys, school, writing-- you name it. You're always there for me whenever I'm going through a hard time, and you always manage to make it better. So thank you. Lots of love! <333333

Kitty15: Even though I've been a retired JM for most of the year, you're an awesome crew leader! And you're a really nice person and one of my favorite brits. You'll go far.

Lauren2010: I have enjoyed getting to talk to you more lately. I hope our friendship can grow in 2012!

Lilymoore: I don't where you've gone off too! I miss our boy talks! ;) You're wonderful, dear. <3

Lumi: You always manage to make me laugh and smile. You're wonderful, dear. Don't ever change, k?

Rosey Unicorn: Another wonderful and funny and beautiful and always helpful person.

StellaThomas: I wish you were around more! You're great! And you're all fancy with no space now! :o

Writersdomain: You're never around anymore and although you probably won't read this, I'm glad we still talk, and going to see you at school was one of the highlights of my summer. You're like the older sister I never had. :) I hope our friendship continues to grow in 2012.

So, in short, to all of you-- thank you. A special shoutout to Nate for being so vigiliant and patient throughout the years, and for creating this website that has done so much for me.

Love always,
Elinor Brynn
Last edited by Elinor on Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:26 pm
View Likes
tinny says...

Better late than never, eh?

I'm not one for gushing, so I suppose I'll keep it relatively short.

Dreamwalker: my lovely <3 you are all sorts of wonderful, okay? When I finally get myself to your part of the world we're going to hang out and drink beer and be awesome in general. What you said to me the other day has stuck with me more than I think a few words should -- so yes! Let's write, no more of this c:

MattBellamy: this is probably going to sound rather silly because I know we don't really talk much but -- out of everyone on YWS, you're probably the person that I look up to the most. I'm not sure really what else to say without coming across as a massive creeper, just that if one day I could be even half as chill and awesome as you are then, well, I think I'd be happy.

Sumi H. Inkblot: I cannot tell you how excited I was when I saw that you'd popped back in for a visit, little dance behind my laptop and all <3 you remind me of warm summers and good times with YWS, and it's been more than lovely to see you again, really, it has <3.

MeanMrMustard: I'm sure I've told you before, but when I came back to YWS and you were skulking around, you completely terrified me in the way that a large ferocious animal or a particularly smart person might. How things change, eh? ;D You're a complete sweetheart and more lovely than I think you give yourself credit for, regardless of what your namesake might be. Know that whenever I see the numerous bottles of mustard in my fridge, I am reminded of you <3

But also, those of you that haven't been around for a while, I still miss dearly. Myth, wiggy, Dream Deep, Meep Teague, Sam, Suzanne, clo, joeducktape, Fand, niteowl, prok, surreal, and professorrabbit. I hope that, whatever it is that all of your are doing now, that you're well and that life is bringing you many good things.

And to all of you, <3
Last edited by tinny on Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

Random avatar

Reviews: 16
Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:30 pm
View Likes
Taxi says...

I'm very new to YWS. I actually got here by googling around for a site to share short stories with people, but what I found is so much better! It's been... wow, not even a month I believe since I joined, but it feels like I've been here for a year. That's how welcoming and pleasant this site is. This is hands-down the most enjoyment I've ever gotten out of an online community -- and I haven't even posted any of my writing yet!

I don't know too many people yet, but many have certainly stuck out as "awesome." Here are some of them...

Kafkaescence - for warmly welcoming me just after I joined!

AhmadBlues - you too! Also, your dancing chick avatar is adorable!

wewinwelose - your poem "Talking to Myself" was the first piece that compelled me to offer critique -- something I've never been willing to do in the past. That's how much I liked your poem, haha.

thewritersdream - for being awesome and liking awesome shows!

HarryPotterRocks - for being such a fun poster, and disliking Sparkly and Over Emotional!

AzaleaLexis - ALSO for being awesome and liking awesome shows!

Justagirl - for being extremely kind to everyone!

Mikko - for writing "Snow," which I swear may have finalized my transition into "poetry fan." And of course for being awesome!

BlueRaspberry - for restoring my faith in this generation of kids!

Nate - for making this site, and running it so well, from what I can tell!

Lumi - for making everyone those fantastic Christmas avatars, and your music playlists!

I can't imagine leaving YWS anytime soon, so I expect this list to be much larger by next Christmas. Keep being awesome, YWS~
Last edited by Taxi on Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

"What is a poet? An unhappy person who hides deep anguish in his heart, but whose lips are so formed that when the sigh and cry pass through them, it sounds like lovely music."
— Søren Kierkegaard, Philosopher & Theologian