z

Young Writers Society

The 'OMIGOD I FINISHED NANO' Thread

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:43 pm
Tigersprite says...

If there is a similar thread somewhere else, feel free to lock this.

It's the 30th of November, and (in my region, anyway) a couple of hours until the deadline for Nano. Have you finished or nearly finished? Celebrate here, YWS style. ;)
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

Random avatar

Reviews: 16
Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:26 pm
View Likes
Taxi says...

I started a novel, but unfortunately I only finished a paragraph. I'm absolutely going to go through with it next November, though!

Did you finish yours, Tigersprite?

147 Reviews

Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:02 pm
Tigersprite says...

Me? I didn't participate in Nano this year, because I was (and still am) working on a novel. I have finished 25,000 words of that, though. :)
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:52 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

I finished I finished! And it's my first year finishing and I'm insanely happy.

I reached wordcount just after midnight on the 21st, though, which was epic. Still working on actually finishing the novel, but I met wordcount.
stay off the faerie paths

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:38 pm
View Likes
Niebla says...

Well done @ancientforever!

I finished too ... by the end of November, I had just a little over 70,000 words. This was my first year of ever even doing Nano so I was really pleased to have finished!

Now for National Novel Re-writing Year ... :wink: I might have managed to write 70,000 words, but in no way does that mean that they are a particularly good 70,000 words. :?

147 Reviews

Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:17 pm
Tigersprite says...

Congrats at @ancientforever! 50,000 by the 21st is amazing! And @MorningMist, how did you write 70k in one month? I really want to do Nano next year, but I don't know that I could actually finish. Ah well. It's the effort that counts, so they say.
Was it difficult for either of you?
Nathan Leopold

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:59 pm
Vervain says...

'Twas difficult, but the word wars in chat helped a LOT. I love all my word warriors (too many to name right now xD), and it definitely helps you get a leg up if you're into that kind of thing.

And I'm /still/ working on finishing the novel... which I should actually do today... >.>
stay off the faerie paths

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:46 pm
Cspr says...

I finished on November 25th. :D Of the two NaNos I've done, it's the largest and the quickest done. -is impressed with self- However, it is in no way finished. It needs heavy editing and what I finished was only part one, yet I quite like it. As in, I think it has the slight ability to go somewhere, somewhat unlike my first NaNo novel.
My SPD senses are tingling.

It is most unlikely. But - here comes the big "but" - not impossible.
— Roald Dahl