z

Young Writers Society

YWS: Apollo

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:45 pm
DarknecrosisX says...

Hi, great work Nate, wish you the best of luck with Apollo.
One question though... will the storybooks remain in tact?
I've done a lot of work on some and i'd hate to lose it all.

Thanks

DNX :J
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Under guises of jovial chatter;
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:07 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

DNX ->> No worries. The storybooks will remain intact. However, they may not be available at the start as I'm rushing development of the new YWS before it's even ready. But, if they aren't available at the start, they will be available within a week of the start. So any absence wouldn't last long.

249 Reviews

Reviews: 249
Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:20 pm
murtuza says...

Will there be any possibilities of a mobile-viewing oriented website? That would be a really nice feature since I always take a quick peak of YWS on my phone, which normally takes a long time since it has to gather up the rich content. xD

And keep up the good work, Nate!
It's not about the weight of what's spoken.
It's about being heard.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:21 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Murtuza ->> I've tried in the past to make a mobile website, but it's not exactly an easy endeavor. That said, I am currently researching about how to make a website look good no matter what device you view it on. But, don't expect anything special.

To all ->> If you want to get an idea of what YWS: Apollo will look like, go look at the new Twitter design. Apollo will look somewhat different than that, but it's going to be a very similar design (unintentionally). Here's what my mock-up looked like a few months ago:
topic86087.html

By the way, that mock-up is still pretty much what Apollo will look like. The navigation area directly above the story area (where it says "Home, Blogs, Browse...") will instead be a breadcrumbs area (ex. Forums >> Lounge, The >> YWS: Apollo), but that's the only real difference.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:09 pm
Starrywolf says...

Will all the stuff that's here (chat, contests, badges, clubs, etc.) still be here with the simpler format, or will some features be unavailable?

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:46 pm
Lava says...

So much nice different! I can't wait to get home and view it. It's less taxing on my phone's data usage charge, so plus!
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

Don't be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.
— Roy T. Bennett