Request a Graphic [Closed]

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:08 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Hey there.

I've decided that since I have a photo manipulation progam that's working, I'm going to be accepting requests for book covers, among other things. Please remember that I'm limiting myself to one or two projects.

To request something, please fill out the form below.

Username:
Author/Penname:
Title:
Short Synopsis/Blurb:
Picture/s:
Text:
Other:

Please include a link to any picture you'd like the person making the book cover or banner to use. Thank you.

~Scar.

Current Projects:
- "Eventide" - Lauren2010.
- "When Kids Stopped the World" - crmcgill.
- "Purple" - Carlito.

Current On-going Project/s:
- Map - Ray112.

Completed Projects:
- "This is not the name of the story" - Ray112.

- "Un-Forgetting" - Alz.
Spoiler! :

- "Suprema" - Starhunter.
Spoiler! :

- "Cat Steps" - Rosey Unicorn.
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:25 pm, edited 13 times in total.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:36 pm
View Likes
Starhunter says...

Hey, that sounds cool. When you say picture though, do you want one? Or can you make it yourself? Because I don't really have anything, just an idea.
Why do we fall?
So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it!
Wanna change the world?
There's nothing to it.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:42 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Preferably, I would like one. To give me something to work with, but if it's an idea and you're okay with me using whatever to put it together, then that's all you need, really. As long as I can put words into an image, it's all good. ^^

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:05 am
Alz says...

This sounds awesome! I would love a book cover.

Username: Alz
Author/Penname: A. E. Friesen
Title: Un-Forgetting
Short Synopsis/Blurb: Emily loses her memory in an accident and has to relearn everything about herself. When she receives a mysterious letter, accompanied by sheet music, Emily decides to try to play the song. She finds that music has stayed with her, and it becomes a great source of comfort in the face of tragedy. Emily is forced to realize that she cannot dwell forever on the past, that there are some things that can never be destroyed.
Picture/s: I don't have any particular pictures for you, but the story takes place on a picturesque farm in the early 1900s. The baby grand piano in the parlor plays a big part in the story, too.
Text:
Other:

Thank you so much! :)
Alz
The beautiful part of writing is that you don't have to get it right the first time, unlike, say, a brain surgeon. - Robert Cormier

Check out my blog at http://missalliesadventures.blogspot.com

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:13 am
ScarlettFire says...

Awesome. Hopefully, it'll be done in a week or two. ^^

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:21 am
View Likes
Ray112 says...

Username: ray112
Author/Penname: TheDude
Title: "This is not the name of the story"
Short Synopsis/Blurb: Eric Carter's life changes one day after excepting a call from his friend.
Picture/s: don't have any
Text: Think zombie apacalypse. get creative.
Other:I know I haven't said much about my story but if you read the first chapter you'll pretty much get the idea of where i'm going. It's an end of the world book.
"Insert life changing statement"

212 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:51 am
ScarlettFire says...

Ray, yours is done. I hope you like it.

Enjoy.

Thisisnotthenameofthestory.jpg
This Is Not The Name Of The Story
Thisisnotthenameofthestory.jpg (301.34 KiB) Viewed 427 times

I'm still working on yours, Alz. It's proving to be a little stubborn. I wasn't happy with the first attempt.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:22 pm
View Likes
Ray112 says...

these are the descriptions of the countries.

AYMIR- You come from the city of Ayimeth(the silver city). Ayimeth was once frequently attacked by raiding villages that preyed on it's many riches. That's when the Great Emperor of Ayimeth order his people to build a wall surrounding the village. Aside from it's Great wall, Ayimeth is known for being the Silver City because all of its buildings and streets are made of Silver.

MANTIUS- You come from the city of Tari. The city is named after it's people the Tari who once started off as a band of pirates. The Tari come from a long line of sea fairing warriors that migrated from the land of Aronim. They've become the super power of the sea and are the leading experts in map making and ship building. They also invented the compass. In fact, the Sky Lord Dragon rider who represents Mantius was a Tari. He built the boat Blackthorn and to this day no ship builder has ever designed a better vessel. It's said that the spirit of the ship builder's Sky Lord lives with the ship.

WOLESTLAND- You come from the kingdom of Thontinburg. This kingdom is built in the mountains where the people live. You come from a race of miners who've dug into the earth and know nearly all of it's secrets. The people of Thontinburg do not except Ayimeeth as the city of riches. In fact if they take it as a serious insult. And therefore have an uneasy alliance with the Aymeth's. What hurt's more is that Aymir's Rider Aagon was the leader of the original 4. Thontinburg is most noticeable for it's Great double doors (one side made of silver and the other side made of Gold). The Wolestland is sometimes called the land of Gold.

ARONIM- You come from the city of Hamunaptra. Hamunaptra is a kingdom of desert farmers that bounty off the Aressence river that runs through it and it's port city Mereno. This kingdom is known for being the only one of the 4 kingdoms that worships the Dragons. It's said that Mereno the original Sky Lord Rider of this country was actually the son of the Dragons born as a human. His sister Hamunaptra was the Dragon he rode. In the religion, human's are second to the Great Dragons. Therefore, Hamunaptra is their capital and Mereno is a city second to the capital. A rider must be born of Hamunaptra and must travel through Mereno to become a rider.
"Insert life changing statement"

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:17 am
View Likes
Starhunter says...

Coolyos. :)

Username: Starhunter
Author/Penname: Micah Muirren
Title: Suprema
Short Synopsis/Blurb: It's about a superheroine, Eloise Murphy aka Suprema. She guards New Helena against disaster, but she's really not doing too well, and her alter ego isn't doing too well either. She's actually pretty insecure because she feels like all anyone cares about is Suprema, which is an act anyway- so she really feels that being Suprema for everyone else, keeping up the act, is all that matters. Anyway, then another superhero shows up: Ultraman. At first it seems he just wants to help, but eventually... (plot reveal) he takes over her job. But it turns out eventually that he's actually working for the gan bosses, trying to get her out of the way and off their cases. So she has to pull herself together and save the day before it's too late for New Helena!
Pictures: No pictures, but some details: Suprema is tall, with white hair she keeps down, startling turquoise eyes, and her outfit is blue or turquoise, and gold. Eloise (if you want to know) is shorter with mousy brown hair and glasses. Ultraman has dark hair, wears a black domino mask, and has a suit that is black and blue. Just get creative with the suits if you want to do them, I don't really know what they look like.
Picture New Helena like Metropolis from Superman.
Text:
Other:

Thanks! :):)
Why do we fall?
So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it!
Wanna change the world?
There's nothing to it.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:23 am
ScarlettFire says...

I'm not sure if I can do the suits and/or the characters. But I think I can do something.

Check back in a week or two, maybe longer and we'll see what I can come up with. On a side note, I'm no longer accepting. Three projects are enough for now. Might take me a little while to get all of them done.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:07 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Alz, here's yours. It's not my best, but I hope you like it.

Un-forgetting.jpg
Un-Forgetting
Un-forgetting.jpg (105.01 KiB) Viewed 352 times

Sorry it took so long!

On another note, Ray and Starhunter. I am trying to get around to doing your requests. It's just taking me a while. Check back often. I'll hopefully be working on one of the remaining projects in-between doing all my other stuff, and Christmas.

Edit: Starhunter, I've done yours. Not sure if you'll like it or not, but anyway. Here you go;
Untitled-Suprema.jpg
Suprema

(click on it to make it bigger!)

Ray, I'm going to take a while with your map, I think, so it'll be a bit of an on-going project. I will work on it, I just have to find it first. Now, was it on my laptop or the desktop? *wanders off to go find it* Hope you don't mind.

On another note, I am again open for requests.

~Scar.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:30 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Username: Rosey Unicorn

Author/Penname: Rosey

Title: Cat Steps

Short Synopsis/Blurb: Kerani of Shira is supposed to be a proper noble woman, but an ideal magic combination has made her a bodyguard for her own family. Magically connected to her relatives more deeply than any hired help, she's the last line of defence against the assassinations that run rampant in a family vying for power. When her sister, and most important ward, leaves the family to marry the Crown Prince, she tries to find a new purpose by going through the family connections. In the process, she discovers a plot that undermines the very fabric of trade. And puts her family at risk.

Picture/s: Cityish/night? It's a lot of shadows and trying to hunt a shadow. Or rats. Or cats themselves. Lots of daggers/weapons in the story, lol I'd loooove some sort of silhouette with the night sky. Skylines, maybe? But I don't want that to be the only thing on the cover. >.>

There's a split between living in a palace and living in the city. So a lot of luxury and a lot of grit in the same novel.

Other: The world is based in India, so the skin tones vary from light brown to dark. No real white skin tones. If you're going to use colour, jewel tones are the best fit. Ruby red in particular (Kerani's colour). The antagonists, so far, are represented by white in my mind.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:54 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Okay, Rosey. I have two covers for you. Two different font styles and colours. Hope you like them, and if not, I can always try again. Enjoy!

Untitled_catstepstitled1.jpg
Cover 1

Untitled_catstepstitled2_2.jpg
Cover 2

~Scar.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:58 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Eeee. Love!

Heh. My favourite is the font colour of the title in the first one, and the font of the author name in the second.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:55 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Username: Lauren2010

Author/Penname: Lauren

Title: Eventide

Short Synopsis/Blurb: Natura Halle has always done everything she could for her family in the face of her father's failing health. So, when a young man she doesn't know comes asking for her hand in marriage, it is her dying father's wish that she accept. And she does. However, it is not long until Natura discovers her marriage is an elaborate scheme to steal her away from everything she knew, and she soon finds herself on a hit-or-miss adventure across the continent of Ascensia that may plunge the entire world into darkness.

Picture/s: Forests, especially at night or just as the sun is finishing setting (eventide means evening, essentially, and Natura's country - Icarthia - is entirely forested). Other commonly-used imagery in the novel would be wolves, swords/bows & arrows.

Other: This is by no means set in a "modern" world. Think knights and dragons sort of time periods. xD Also, it's a fantasy novel, if that does anything xD
Got YWS?

I tell the neophyte: Write a million words–the absolute best you can write, then throw it all away and bravely turn your back on what you have written. At that point, you’re ready to begin.
— David Eddings