Young Writers Society

Request a Graphic [Closed]

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:53 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Rosey Unicorn wrote:Eeee. Love!

Heh. My favourite is the font colour of the title in the first one, and the font of the author name in the second.

I'll see if I can redo the text on it for you, if you like. <3

Also, Lauren. I shall try to remember to work on your cover, too! (I keep forgetting, and forgetting is BAD. XD)
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

Reviews: 4
Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:38 pm
crmcgill says...

Username: crmcgill

Author/Penname: Carmen-Rose McGill

Title: When Kids Stopped the World

Short Synopsis/Blurb: Based on a historical even, this is about the Newsies Strike of 1899. Kathleen McCabe is a new immigrant in NYC from Ireland. her parents used their dying wishes to send her to America, and the only thing she has is a suitcase, hope, and a emerald and gold necklace which her Mother forbid her from selling. Just months after joining the ranks of the newsboys of New York, they go on strike, trying to be heard and beat the Newspaper tycoon, Joseph Pulitzer, who owned the New York World and didn't listen to the newsies demands to lower the price of the paper. Two of her close friends betray her, becoming "scabbers" who were paid off. The newsies don't really win the strike, but the Pulitzer promises to buy any unsold papers back from the newsies at a full refund. Kathleen ends up selling the necklace to pay off her friends' debts and to buy a typewriter to start fulfilling her dream of becoming a writer.

Picture/s: I don't really have any pictures for you, but I do have an idea. I thought that it would be nice if the title of the book could be a headline on a newspaper, perhaps with a newboys holding it up. Brooklyn plays a big part of this story, so maybe the Brooklyn Bridge would be good.

Text: Think something that looks old-timey, so sepia tones would be nice. I'm going to trust that you know what you're doing; all the other covers that you've done look amazing!

Other: If you'd like to use Kathleen on the cover, she has coppery red hair that is usually covered with an old newsboy cap. She never wears dresses and prefers to wear old knickers, stocking, a shirt and vest.

Thanks!
Open the gates and seize the day! Don't be afraid and don't delay.

To die would be an awfully big adventure.

I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Just call me Gill!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:38 am
ScarlettFire says...

Hey crmcgill. This looks like a challenge. I'll see what I can do.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:56 pm
Carlito says...

Username: Carlito

Author/Penname: Carly W

Title: Purple

Short Synopsis/Blurb: This is a story about a first great love and a first great loss. Cora isn't having the best senior year. Her once large and crazy friend group has been split right down the middle leaving Cora in the middle and feeling very much alone. Two of her closest friends now have boyfriends and leave her out of all of their plans. Cora wants to fall in love and salvage the rest of her senior year but she fears that it is already too late. Suddenly Archer comes into the picture, a funny attractive sophomore that happens to already have a girlfriend. As they get to know each other, Cora becomes interested and prays that for the first time in his life someone will be interested in her too. Will Archer fall for her? And if he does, can they navigate the shaky waters of feuding friends and miles of separation to keep their love alive?

Picture/s:
Spoiler! :

Other: There are seven chapters to the book, Grey, Green, Yellow, Red, Blue, Black, Purple and I would like them all to be represented. I have an image in my head of candles in kind of a V with purple in the front and lit and then going back to the left black then red then green, and going back to the right blue then yellow then grey, all un-lit. I was thinking taper candles like the picture but the purple one should be taller or thicker or something because it's the most important.

That's all I really have in terms of what I'm picturing... Maybe the flame of the purple candle could be a heart or something because it's a love story. Oh could the black candle still be smoking too?

Other than that I'm not really sure so have fun! :D

Thanks much!!
-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:22 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Eek! Sorry I took so long to notice this. I kind of forgot about it in the midst of moving and things. But I am back!

Carlito, seems like another challenge. I'll see what I can do!

And now, I'm not accepting until I get at least two of these done. But free feel check back! I might have some surprises for you~

The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.
— Alvin Toffler