z

Young Writers Society

Seen any good...err...commercials lately?

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:05 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Anyone see any good commercials lately? There was an M&M commercial (actually a song) that I really liked. I can't stop singing it! Maybe this will refresh your memory.

You take the green from the grass and the blue from the sky up above!
And if you color my world, just paint it with your love.
Just color my world!

I love that song :D

Or there was this Honda (?) commercial a while ago...a long while where the toy guy is driving the toy car and he saves a toy princess...oh, I wrote toy too much...

Or the Budweiser one with the donkey that wants to be a Bud horse...that was really funny...
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:08 am
Elelel says...

There was this beer ad that went something like:

... to remain on top, you need a canoe... *something something something*... yes, canoes can be awkward (pictures of poeple turning while holding canoes and knocking people over. another picture of the top of someones canoe being smashed off when they drive under a low bridge) so why not ignore it all, with a refreshing Carlton Draught...

There's this new beer ad that's pretty funny, but I can't remember it at present.

Greenseas canned tuna ad:
*singsong voice* How does Greenseas flavoured tuna stay 98% fat free? (shows tuna running, then it stops and says, "Phew, think I lost him.") *singsong voice* Greenseas flavoured tuna stays 98% fat free by running from sharks!

Newer Greenseas canned tuna ad:
*singsong voice* How dolphin friendly is Greenseas f;avoured tuna? (shows upset dolphin, tuna walks up and says "What's wrong?" dolphin says "My wife left me" tuna says "That's too bad, do you want to borrow mine?" dolphins says "yeah sure") *singsong voice* Greenseas flavoured tuna, is do dolphin friendly it will lend one it's wife!
'

That's all I can think of.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:12 pm
Tessitore says...

Wow, haven't seen any of those tuna commercials... interesting...

I do have a rather fond one at the moment... and it has to do with a video game, and it's only because the girl is super super hot and when she's walking she does that whole sashay strut thing... and I find it... nice. Plus she's being covered by armor, and it makes her butt look good, and I find that nice too. =)

There's another one, but I can't think of it at the moment. It'll come back to me as soon as I post this, though. I guarantee it.
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

418 Reviews

Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:54 pm

Hey, so about that commercial, that is a Metroid Prime 2: Echoes game, did you know? It is the best game ever, although that girl is nothing like the real Samus Aran, the real one is way...err...hotter and different looking. Man, that game is the bomb.

Anyone seen the Budweiser commercial where theres a guys hand holding a glass and tapping it with I think it was Coors, and then he sort of washes it with Coors and then moves on to Bud and drinks it. It is something like that, I really can't explain.

I like this song from Dannin Frusion Smoothies commercial:

Trade in your breakfast for a Dannin Frusion Smo-o-otha!

103 Reviews

Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:31 am
Tessitore says...

I don't play games, but I like the chick. She's hot.

And I still can't remember that other commercial. but I am watching television now, so just wait a bit... and we'll see...
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

418 Reviews

Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:33 am

Oh mine is that Starbucks commercial with that guy walking to work and there is a band singing:

Roy! Roy, Roy, Roy! Roy, Roy, Ro-o-oy!
Hes a man, going to work
Got his pride, got his ambition
And he wants to become...SUPERVISOR!
Roy, Roy, Roy, Roy! Roy, Roy Ro-o-oy!!!

103 Reviews

Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:17 am
Tessitore says...

The Burger King commercials! I'm Spicy! I love those office people, they're funny.

*poke*
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:28 am
Nate says...

I like the Hummer commercials. I think the cars themselves are definitely not worth the money, but the commercials for them are great.

418 Reviews

Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:53 pm

Which ones? I don't remember any...

Oh yeah, the Hummers are not worth the money. They are actually pretty small inside, as small as an SUV or maybe a bit bigger, like one foot longer or so. I have been in one at the Auto Show that they host here in San Diego.

The Im Spicy commercials are so funny. My sister (who is 2) always say "IM SPICY!" when she hears the commercial...whats up with the *poke* thing you wrote??!!

103 Reviews

Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:05 pm
Tessitore says...

It's another of the commercials they had where one of them poked someone's chicken sandwich and the guy was like "Dude, why'd you poke my sandwich?"

"I just wanted to poke it. It doesn't hurt anyone."

"Oh yeah?" *pokes*

Rest of office people: *poke*

...it was just... odd... I enjoyed it.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

418 Reviews

Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:31 pm

I am very sure you did...and by the way, I am not being sarcastic...

I have never seen that commercial, although I have some of those BK commercials in the office.

103 Reviews

Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:24 pm
Tessitore says...

"This is going to be the best Chrismahanakwanzaka ever!"

Those Virgin Mobile phone commercials... with Chrismahanakwanzaka... they make me laugh so hard. Anyone seen the entire jingle? There's a gay elf, you can just tell...

But they're great. They're so great.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

418 Reviews

Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:20 pm

I was just going to say that. He is gay, really (like Legolas J/K!).

I love that commercial, although I never knew entirely what they really said...

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:15 pm
Chevy says...

I don't know about you guys but I LOVE the iPod commercials! I really like the U2 special edition one, too. It makes me want an iPod just because of the commercials!

I also like the K-9 Advantix commercial...the one with the little puppy like, "Hello mother, hello father..." I know this girl who knows the whole song...its funny.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:15 pm
Chevy says...

Other cool commercials:
1. Some car ad and the guy's test driving it with the car dealer in the passenger's seat. Then, he sees this girl he knows and he makes the car dealer duck so it can look like his car. And she's all, "It seems like things are picking for you," and he's all "Yeah" and she's all impressed...it is soooo funny.
2. It's a luggage ad and the guy doesn't want to buy any luggage so his wife helps him put all his clothes on him so he's like a really thin guy and once they finish packing all the clothes on him, he can hardly walk.
3. One of my favorite commercials in the one when Yao Ming goes in this store and when he asks for help, the girl at the counter's like "Ya" and he thinks she's saying "Yao" and it gets all confusing...it came on during the Super Bowl last year...I laughed my heart out almost.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

The bigger the issue, the smaller you write. Remember that. You don’t write about the horrors of war. No. You write about a kid’s burnt socks lying on the road. You pick the smallest manageable part of the big thing, and you work off the resonance.
— Richard Price