z

Young Writers Society

Girls, girls, girls 16 and over:

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:14 pm
View Likes
ZZAP says...

:D No, this is not me trying to get all the ladies to me... Though I could, I will not. This post may end up with material that is only suitable for those of age 16 or higher. Anyways...

As Mr. Elf says, "The code?" Yes, a very good question. Do the ladies/girls have a code? You know, to eat food. lol :wink: I'm a guy, so my actions or thoughts may not reside on the same side as the females, but when are guys right anyways ehh?!

What to do, when you are in a good position to court a lady. Well, certainly you find yourself sweating in the palms, or constantly looking at the ground or somewhere else but her face. I keep away from these actions, as they are cute I guess from the girls point of view, but not consistent. Depending on her likes and no likes, you may have an opportunity to "go for the gold" or "strike out". Best thing to do when you are a beginner, is be yourself, and be confident. When you talk to a group of girls, and you say something funny, don't look around and make sure they are laughing, as that will draw the idea out that you are trying to impress them. You laugh with them, smile, and go back into the conversation, or move the conversation. When a single guy is talking to a group of women, the guy is surely going to be focused on. So if you are ever that one guy, don't mess up! Oh, and smile.

Ever got into a situation where you want to isolate a girl from her friends? Don't be scared to just go up to them and ask to speak to her alone. Shows that your confident right? That's good right? If you have a class with her, help her out if she needs it. It will show that you are a helpful and polite guy. But that is for the older you get. too many older women hitting on me these days *sigh* Gah! Disgusting!

Anyways, that's all for a rant today... Hopefully I've inspired some of you. And I am wanting ladies to reply as well. To see if I see their ways. :twisted: :twisted: Fufufaloo!

-Z
Nate, you will eventually resine or trade powers with me:
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:01 pm
View Likes
-KayJuran- says...

well this post has confuzzled me just
a little... it's a bit of a random thing to
start ranting about isn't it?

what exactly do you mean by 'the code'?
there is something me and a friend were
talking about which i like to call the
'unwritten rules'... but i don't know if thats
what you mean...

and uh why did you want people to reply?
what exactly are we meant to say about
the subject? again, confuzzled... :?

hmmm...

51 Reviews

Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:20 pm
View Likes
ZZAP says...

I don't know... Just like what are your views on it. Or anything... It is very random. DO you agree on what I'm saying, or would you like to comment on something?

-Z

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:39 pm
View Likes
Galatea says...

Boys: Memorize a poem (or several) and whenever romantic opportuinity calls, you'll NEVER be strapped for what to say. Just take a deep breath, look into her eyes, and go for it. She'll be stunned, and you'll be IN.

Seriously. I mean it.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

51 Reviews

Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:28 pm
View Likes
ZZAP says...

What I've done... As I was in 8th grade, we had much smaller classes, like 30 students in my one class. Well, on Valentines Day I got every girl there a rose. :D No female was without one. Can anyone say, "Player!"

-Z

*bows*

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:12 pm
View Likes
Skye says...

*applauds Z* Perfect...
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:05 am
View Likes
Bobo says...

LOL awesome, man! I've always been pretty self-concsious and shy when interacting with people face-to-face, although I am almost the opposite online. I think I'm getting better though.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:30 am
View Likes
iced.cappuchino says...

ZZAP wrote:What I've done... As I was in 8th grade, we had much smaller classes, like 30 students in my one class. Well, on Valentines Day I got every girl there a rose. :D No female was without one. Can anyone say, "Player!"

-Z

*bows*

I wouldn't mind having someone like that around ;)

But yeah, like Galatea said, romantic mush and courtship does wonders with girls. I turn into goo everytime a guy does the old slip-a-poem-into-her-notebook thing. ^^; Romantic at heart? Yes, very much so.

And, definately true, what you said about a guy with a group of girls. I've noticed, that a girl in a group of guys might not always get all the attention though. Speaking from personal experience, when one of my guy friends hangs out with my group of girl friends, every girl suddenly wants to chatter up the poor guy.

But when I hang out with my group of guy friends, things are more equalized? I dunno how to explain it, but it seems as though they don't go out of their ways to ignore other guys to talk to a girl.

Well, that might be because I don't radiate sexual attraction or whatever (oops, I think I turned this 16+! Hahah, good thing you put that up XD)

51 Reviews

Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:28 am
View Likes
ZZAP says...

Wow! The old poetry still works... :D :D I've done it several times, it worked really well, like you all said, but I think she was already over the falls for me. Not good to baseline that just for one incident that might be cutty. But when I did do it, it was like perfect timing. I started writing right after I injured myself. Can't remeber what I did, but I do remember her gogging all over me because of my current state. Guys, make sure you are in pain of some sort, and do that poetry thing. You don't have to tell her, as it would look very stupid to say, "Oh, I made this poem for you... while I was hurt... while I was hurt." Are you calling for attention or something? Usually the oh some much pain would actually portray to her somehow, like a cast on your arm, crutches, or mad bandage rolled around your head.

Oh! Here is a little secrete of mine. I've always dreamed of saving a girl's life somehow, whether my life stayed or not. If I was to choose a way "to go", then it would be saving a woman's life. I've dreamed about it too... *sigh* Also, I'm not kidding about this stuff; nor am I trying to call for the women in the house to say how great I am. Not that I am or anything. :twisted: :twisted: :cry: :cry: I just remembered a dream I had... *sigh* More of a horrible nightmare. I was with this young lady right? Someone I didn't even know. But what I did know was that we were partners, not husband and wife, but adventurous love I guess. The kind of love when you are actually getting your relationship serious. The kind where you fight the holds on your life to get to her. When you're married, you have that person there with you always, there is usually nothing that comes between a couples life other than children. But with this lady/woman, I had the James Bond like relationship, without the agressive violence though. We were both individuals fighting to come together. It's beginnings of love I'd like to say. Well, to move along along in my story/dream. We were on some sort of industrial building, when she fell off over the railing. I caught her before she completely fell. That's when I saw here eyes. Unbelievable... I can't tell you or describe to you the eyes I saw during that dream. All I knew was that they were the eyes from over the moon, across the sea, beyond the mountains. *sigh* It was raining. It was raining in sheets... Then she slipped out of my grasp. *I shaking just a bit as I write lol* *look out pitiful I am; I shaking because of a stupid dream* She fell real slowly, as I watched her go. Almost like she was sinking through water. She fell into this industrial area, I can't tell you as I can't. BOOM! It exploded... detonated... *sigh* I felt a tear somewhere in my chest, a sudden longing ache. A piece of my breath whipped away. I think I yelled something that sounded like, "Noooooooooooooooooooooo!" *sigh* *sigh* I'm sick... My body can't take this... I'm done...

-whatever

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:34 am
View Likes
Bobo says...

Wow, that would really be a nightmare! It would make a great short story, though. I feel like I have had dreams like that, or at least about saving someone, but I can't remember any in specific. Oh well.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:58 am
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

wow. to bad none of the guys i know at school are like you. (no falttery intended, i don't think..). but honestly, the rose thing is a stroke of genuis. and beware with peotry, don't over use it! there are those of us that aren't that romantic! (well, to an extent.. lol)
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:44 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

Wow.. that was a horrible nightmare.. And you're not pathetic for shaking! Trust me, I would too if I had a dream like that..

I think you have the right ideas. For once a guy knows how to impress the ladies :wink: That was really sweet with the roses, too!

Keep up the great work. I agree with Mesh, don't overuse poetry. It makes us think you have nothing to say. Get into a conversation with us. Even if you're not very interested in the topic, you'll definitely pull us in by showing us that you are listening to us.

Ok.. here's a tip for if a girl breaks up with you: don't repeatedly tell her you're never going to get another girlfriend and beg her to pity you. That gets on my nerves.. I don't know if I can speak for every girl out there. But don't tell us you can't get over us. Be strong about it, and be polite about it. Don't get into a fight, because that usually ends any chance of retaining the friendship. If she doesn't want to talk to you for a while, don't force her to! It'll come naturally again..

Gah. I'm ranting. Anyway, I wish all you guys the best of luck out there! 8)

Random avatar

Reviews: 15
Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:29 am
View Likes
Morran says...

Ya know, some of these tips would come in handy if I didn't already have a girlfriend. 8) (And believe me, I've used some of them.)

I wrote my girlfriend a song, once. Actually, twice. She really liked them, and no one else has heard them but her, ever. They are special, and they are kind of like our secrets. I've written a lot of poetry for/about her, though not much lately.

It's easier to show how I care for her in different ways, now that I'm present. Ours was a bit of a distance relationship for a while. But I suppose I'd be able to write some poetry yet.

But really, the best way to get a girl to like you is just to be yourself and get to know her. If she doesn't like you for who you are, she's not worth going out with anyway.

Not to say a guy shouldn't be a charmer - goodness knows I myself am a hopeless romantic - but charm shouldn't by any means be the one and only thing getting you in her good graces, if you get my drift....

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:48 am
View Likes
-KayJuran- says...

Galatea wrote:Boys: Memorize a poem (or several) and whenever romantic opportuinity calls, you'll NEVER be strapped for what to say. Just take a deep breath, look into her eyes, and go for it. She'll be stunned, and you'll be IN.

Seriously. I mean it.

my bf gave me a rhyming dictionary
for xmas & i dont know how i missed it b4
but i was looking at it last night and on the
inside cover was a poem... i can't even begin
to describe how that felt...

*sigh*

:roll:

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:58 pm
View Likes
Elocina says...

Girls like the written word as well. Least I do. Take up chivalry. THAT works wonders. Little things, holding open doors....Something else I was gonna say....what...Oh,yes.

If you're attracted and act cool and 'normal', don't overdo it. This can be confusing. The girls wondering, 'Gosh, I don't know how he feels about me...if I'm an innocent friend or an object of his admiration....'. It can be expecially confusing if you haven't met her before the attraction, 'cuz she doesn't know if that's how you normally are or what.

I say this from my past experience.
Feeling stupid? Follow me!

NO U
— Carina