z

Young Writers Society

Guys...

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:44 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

I WISH I had time to read everyone's stories! Mostly I'm so busy that I barely have time to check the lounge and welcome areas.. I'm really trying though. My priorities are those stories that people have asked me to read.. so I'll go through and look at ones that haven't been critiqued, and I'll TRY to comment on them tonight. Just be patient, mkay? A lot of us are really busy with school and everything.

Random avatar

Reviews: 15
Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:59 am
View Likes
Morran says...

Yesh. It's good to have stuff looked at by more than one person too: it makes a writer feel special. :) /random

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:01 pm
View Likes
Sam says...

we have to start a group or something...like the Die Hard Story Critiquers...lol
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:28 pm
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

you should! That would be a good thing, i think. but crysi's right, many of us are still in school and (on our case) have finals coming up. (our school is so backwards!)
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

1258 Reviews

Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:08 pm
View Likes
Sam says...

Hey I'm in sixth grade...I have like 2 hours of homework a night. I find time though...:D

- Demetri Martin

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:23 am
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

2 hours? you have no idea...
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

594 Reviews

Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:59 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

I WISH I had 2 hours of homework each night! Some nights I come home, start my homework, and don't finish until 10.. Which reminds me, I have an essay to work on.. :?
Love and Light

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:05 am
View Likes
Firestarter says...

*Laughs*

Here's an idea....I never do my homework. (shouts of rebel are heard)

Well, okay I do. But here's an example. This weeked I have 2 history essays to do, a maths paper, and 2 english essays. And a psychology test on the Monday.

I'm going to do one History essay, and I'll put all my effort into that. I'll apologise a lot, and say, this took me so long I had little time for the other one.

My maths teacher is a sucker so he won't care if I don't do it.

I'll do both my English essays cos we have a new teacher in, better please her.

Tip 1 - get teachers to like you. In my school, everyone thinks I'm really hardworking. When in reality, I'm not. Hehe, it's great.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

594 Reviews

Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:18 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

Unfortunately, only my art teacher would fall for anything like that, and she's leaving at the end of the semester (in about two weeks)
Love and Light

1258 Reviews

Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:44 am
View Likes
Sam says...

Besides swim team practice and hockey practice and 4-H and riding lessons...yeah...you could say 'I wish!'

- Demetri Martin

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:55 am
View Likes
ZZAP says...

The worst thing is to compare yourself with others, as that has already been done, I hope for all of you. Merely saying how much work you have, creates in your mind that it is an obstacle to be passed. Bad thing, bad idea, bad ways. Most of you hate school, the teacher, homework, and testing. This is your life you are hating, why do it? School allows you to funnel out your interests, find what you're interested in. But wait! Some of you will say, "I like history though!" Forget it, you lost my point all the way back there :roll: Are you saying that you only care about the interests that you are faced with? Greedy, unfortunate, and distasteful. School makes you who you are in the future, it makes you knowledgable about lots of ideas. Well rounded, and well thought of. There are those that would take your place in a flash, wanting to go to school and all. Just be greatful for what you have, and think about the others that don't have the chance to do homework.

-Z
Nate, you will eventually resine or trade powers with me:
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4

1258 Reviews

Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:59 am
View Likes
Sam says...

Love writing...HATE LANGUAGE ARTS!!!! AHH!

- Demetri Martin

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:43 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Just be greatful for what you have, and think about the others that don't have the chance to do homework.

Yeah I know. I had a lecture from my Psychology teacher about how when she went to China where they take Education totally seriously, and find it shocking when they come over here and find us talking about it like some kind of chore. I totally have the wrong attitude, but I took Maths as a subject for AS levels, and I've totally regretted it. I'm so not a sciencey peson, much more of an arty individual.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:53 pm
View Likes
Elocina says...

School allows you to funnel out your interests, find what you're interested in.

My largest problem is that what i'm interested in, my school doesn't offer :? . However, I am going to take some classes that can be used for both high school and colege credit. Another thing that drives me insane is that I don't have any subjects that I'm exceedingly good at. Straight A's across all 8 classes. So, I can go into virtually anything; therein lies the problem of picking a handful of subjects to go deeper into.

Listen to me gripping. I've got such a good life, I shouldn't be writing this... :(
Feeling stupid? Follow me!

1258 Reviews

Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:20 am
View Likes
Sam says...

join the club!

- Demetri Martin

It doesn’t smell old, it just smells like a bad idea.
— James Hoffman