z

Young Writers Society

What's your personality type?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:46 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Roughly ten years ago, I took a personality test and got INTJ (i.e., rational mastermind). Did it again last night, and once again, got INTJ. So I guess they're right when they say your personality does not change much over time.

In any case, the personality test is online at:
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm

It's 72 questions long, but the questions are short and simple. After you complete it, you can even get career recommendations. For me, the recommendations were either Corporate Lawyer or Computer Programmer. Oddly enough, I'll be doing one or the other by this time next year.

Anyhoot, take the test and share your results!

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:07 pm
View Likes
AquaMarine says...

I just took the test and I am INFJ.

Quietly forceful, original, and sensitive. Tend to stick to things until they are done. Extremely intuitive about people, and concerned for their feelings. Well-developed value systems which they strictly adhere to. Well-respected for their perserverence in doing the right thing. Likely to be individualistic, rather than leading or following.

Apparently I should be a counsellor, psychologist or work in education.

Also, if you do the test and want a short summary of your personality type, look here.
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:10 pm
irishfire says...

Here's mine: ESFJ

Warm-hearted, popular, and conscientious. Tend to put the needs of others over their own needs. Feel strong sense of responsibility and duty. Value traditions and security. Interested in serving others. Need positive reinforcement to feel good about themselves. Well-developed sense of space and function

Apprently, I should be a teacher, nurse, or social worker.

I have the same personality type as Martin Luther King Jr. who is MY IDOL! I AM SO HAPPY!
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

Teacher: What do we, in the U.S enjoy from places like Mexico?
Student: Wait, legally?

WARNING: This user carries a spatula.

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:15 pm
Jagged says...

ISTJ for me, it seems. I think the first time I took it was different, at least slightly: still IS--, but the last two were different.

But anyway.

Computer Programming and Engineering recommended, as is Physician and Sports Coaching. Alternatively, Accounting or Military Training.

So much for reseach.

(also when I'm bored I run my characters through it. It's fun.)
Last edited by Jagged on Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lumi: they stand no chance against the JAG SAFETY BLANKET

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:29 pm
Elinor says...

ENPF for me:

Enthusiastic, idealistic, and creative. Able to do almost anything that interests them. Great people skills. Need to live life in accordance with their inner values. Excited by new ideas, but bored with details. Open-minded and flexible, with a broad range of interests and abilities.

It says I should be a journalist or actress.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:34 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

I got the same as Nate.

Also:

Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.

WHYYYYYYYY?

And I suppose this means, when my ex was complaining about "the relationship" and how it was falling apart, I shouldn't have treated him with the theory that the term "relationship" was an abstract concept that he had created in order to...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:47 pm
Kamas says...

ESFJ:

Warm-hearted, popular, and conscientious. Tend to put the needs of others over their own needs. Feel strong sense of responsibility and duty. Value traditions and security. Interested in serving others. Need positive reinforcement to feel good about themselves. Well-developed sense of space and function

...I didn't know my own personality I guess?
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

213 Reviews

Reviews: 213
Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:41 pm
SporkPunk says...

I always, always get ENTJ, the field marshal. The same as Bill Gates, Franklin Roosevelt and Napoleon! :D

Assertive and outspoken - they are driven to lead. Excellent ability to understand difficult organizational problems and create solid solutions. Intelligent and well-informed, they usually excel at public speaking. They value knowledge and competence, and usually have little patience with inefficiency or disorganization

The career thing suggests I go into some sort of management position in business or education, or the military, or finance, or computer programming.

Hmm. I'm going to college next year for technical writing and computer science. Hmm. Close enough, maybe?
Grasped by the throat, grasped by the throat. That's how I feel about love. That it's not worth it.

REVIEWS FOR YOU | | Uprising (coming soon!)

Random avatar

Reviews: 41
Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:50 pm
GrantBlayfur says...

ENTJ. I think that's about right.

Spoiler! :
Hardly more than two percent of the total population, Fieldmarshals are bound to lead others, and from an early age they can be observed taking command of groups. In some cases, they simply find themselves in charge of groups, and are mystified as to how this happened. But the reason is that they have a strong natural urge to give structure and direction wherever they are - to harness people in the field and to direct them to achieve distant goals. They resemble Supervisors in their tendency to establish plans for a task, enterprise, or organization, but Fieldmarshals search more for policy and goals than for regulations and procedures.

Other famous people with the same results...Napoleon, among others. Nice.

Says I should go into the Military, Political, Education (High School), or Management fields.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:07 pm
Demeter says...

I got ISFJ, the "protector". At least these parts have got it right:

They are not as outgoing and talkative as the Provider Guardians [ESFJs], and their shyness is often misjudged as stiffness, even coldness, when in truth Protectors are warm-hearted and sympathetic, giving happily of themselves to those in need.

they cherish family history and enjoy caring for family property, from houses to heirlooms.

Their reserve ought really to be seen as an expression of their sincerity and seriousness of purpose.

are quite happy working alone

ISFJs are extremely warm and demonstrative within the family circle--and often possessive of their loved ones, as well.

And voilà, it says that I should be a translator. Which is exactly what I'm going to do and be.

I find it funny that both Mother Teresa and Queen Mary I of England (Bloody Mary) were ISFJs.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:12 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Demeter wrote:
I find it funny that both Mother Teresa and Queen Mary I of England (Bloody Mary) were ISFJs.

Haha

I like how none of the personality types are something like, "You are selfish and dirty. You retreat to dark corners of rooms and have an obsession with fire."

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:19 pm
View Likes
Sins says...

Nate wrote:I like how none of the personality types are something like, "You are selfish and dirty. You retreat to dark corners of rooms and have an obsession with fire."

That is so true...

I'm a ENFP (Champion) apparently.... which is actually pretty creepily accurate...

Spoiler! :
ENFPs are both "idea"-people and "people"-people, who see everyone and everything as part of an often bizarre cosmic whole. They want to both help (at least, their own definition of "help") and be liked and admired by other people, on bo th an individual and a humanitarian level. They are interested in new ideas on principle, but ultimately discard most of them for one reason or another.They come up with great ideas, and are a major asset in brainstorming sessions. Followthrough tends to be a problem, however; they tend to get bored quickly, especially if a newer, more interesting project comes along

That is so true... I have the attention spam of a goldfish.

According to the page, 2-3% of the population are ENFPs, which supports the fact that I'm a freak. I must be a dying breed or something... Ariel from The Little Mermaid is a ENFP. Therefore, I rock.

It's suggested that I become a counselor, journalist, writer, film producer, social worker, or a messgae therapist. Pfft, I'm so taking the last one.

Basically, I'm a bit of a creep :D
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:41 pm
Evi says...

ENFJ.

Popular and sensitive, with outstanding people skills. Externally focused, with real concern for how others think and feel. Usually dislike being alone. They see everything from the human angle, and dislike impersonal analysis. Very effective at managing people issues, and leading group discussions. Interested in serving others, and probably place the needs of others over their own needs.

And my career paths are counseling, psychology, education, medicine, or politics apparently. And Oprah, Abraham Lincoln, Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan, and Barack Obama are all ENFJs. World domination? Here I come.
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:54 pm
View Likes
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Just took the test! And drumroll.... INFJ! Counselor. It makes me happy.

Your Type is INFJ!

Counselors have an exceptionally strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others, and find great personal fulfillment interacting with people, nurturing their personal development, guiding them to realize their human potential. Although they are happy working at jobs (such as writing) that require solitude and close attention, Counselors do quite well with individuals or groups of people, provided that the personal interactions are not superficial, and that they find some quiet, private time every now and then to recharge their batteries. Counselors are both kind and positive in their handling of others; they are great listeners and seem naturally interested in helping people with their personal problems. Not usually visible leaders, Counselors prefer to work intensely with those close to them, especially on a one-to-one basis, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes.

Counselors are scarce, little more than one percent of the population, and can be hard to get to know, since they tend not to share their innermost thoughts or their powerful emotional reactions except with their loved ones. They are highly private people, with an unusually rich, complicated inner life. Friends or colleagues who have known them for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise. Not that Counselors are flighty or scattered; they value their integrity a great deal, but they have mysterious, intricately woven personalities which sometimes puzzle even them.

Writing, counseling, public service and even politics are areas where INFJs frequently find their niche.

I share a type with: John Bradshaw, Mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela, John Calvin, and Nicole Kidman.

8)
Last edited by NinjaCookieMonster on Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:55 pm
Ranger Hawk says...

ISTJ, aka "Inspectors".

Introverted = 89%
Sensing = 1%
Thinking = 12%
Judging = 78%

So apparently I judge without thinking it through and keep my opinions all to myself. Interesting.

Famous Inspectors:
Thomas [Christ's disciple]
George Washington
George H.W. Bush (good gravy)

Fictional Inspectors:
Eeyore (I knew it!)
Puddleglum [C.S. Lewis' The Silver Chair]

None of the jobs they mentioned included a Veterinarian, Surgeon, or Forensic Scientist. Dang. :\
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones.
— John Cage