z

Young Writers Society

This really has nothing to do with ANYTHING...

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:01 pm
View Likes
Sam says...

YAY! WE'VE GOT A SNOW DAY! FINALLY! ya yesterday my friends and I were placign bets on whether or not there would be school today...we got like a foot and a half of snow overnight! :D

1258 Reviews

Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:04 pm
View Likes
Sam says...

well I guess I'm kind of a loser if I'm sitting here in front of the computer on a SNOW DAY!!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:46 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

I'm still on winter break so it doesn't much matter, but still.... you're lucky

Yesterday it got up to 71 here in DC, and for the next week the highs are going to be in the fifties and sixties. What's happening is we got a jet stream that shifted such that we are now getting warm weather from the Gulf of Mexico. Needless to say, there's no snow coming in the near feature... :(

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:52 pm
View Likes
Tessitore says...

Yesterday it got up to 71 here in DC, and for the next week the highs are going to be in the fifties and sixties. What's happening is we got a jet stream that shifted such that we are now getting warm weather from the Gulf of Mexico. Needless to say, there's no snow coming in the near feature...

You suck.

It's frozen here, just frozen. Not snow, but ice. Everywhere. It looks like everything has been dipped in molton glass... except it's COLD!

*grumble*

We did have some freak weather last week, though, where it reached up to seventy degrees. it plummeted to the negatives again in about three days. D*mn it, d*mn it, d*mn it. I hate cold weather.

*crosses fingers* please let me move to Cali so I don't have to deal with this...
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:02 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

At least you guys have some sort of climate!

In Britain, it's just gloomy, a bit damp, a bit cold, a bit dark. It's not actually anything! It's so infuriating, I wish we would get some real weather. We have two days of snow and it went pretty quick.

I bet you ten...dollars...than when I get back to school it snows when I'm in lessons.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

1258 Reviews

Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:52 pm
View Likes
Sam says...

I know how you feel, Nate...it was 60F outside on Christmas! It's now like 25F or something like that...:D

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:33 pm
View Likes
Perra says...

We actually had snow before Christmas. :mrgreen: Three days before Christmas Eve, it started sleeting, then snowing! It hardly ever snows here! We usually can only expect sleet and ice, which usually gives us a day, sometimes even week, of no school. But this is the first in a long while that either has happened before Christmas. Gave this town about an inch or so. Hey, I didn't say it was ever much! One year, when I was about eight, it did snow about six inches or more. :mrgreen: Those were the good ol' days! Yeah, anyway, I was happy we had snow. When we went up to Little Rock, they had about four or five inches of snow in some places. But it was a horror to have to drive(or ride, since I wasn't the one driving) behind these people who didn't know how to drive on ice and where riding their breaks or going stupidly slow. :roll: Good lesson, though. We had fun counting how many cars were off the rode, and, in two cases, on the rode. *sigh* Our snow was completely melted in our town by Christmas, though, and now it's been raining off-and-on since Saturday, maybe Sunday. So, it was in the 30s and 40s(F) on Christmas, now it's in the 60s or 70s.
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:15 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Firestarter wrote:At least you guys have some sort of climate!

In Britain, it's just gloomy, a bit damp, a bit cold, a bit dark. It's not actually anything! It's so infuriating, I wish we would get some real weather. We have two days of snow and it went pretty quick.

I bet you ten...dollars...than when I get back to school it snows when I'm in lessons.

oh i remember those snow days...

*sigh*

firestarter did it snow on xmas for
you or was it just here? we're on a
hill so we get more snow than some
people but still not much...

:roll:

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:23 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

*grumbles* It doesn't snow here.. :evil:

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:35 am
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

i know. we can dream, right? even thou dad says it no fun.. but he grew up in the midwest adn back est, so... :P
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:36 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

EVERYONE in school has been saying we will get a snow day tomorrow. This means we almost definitely won't. The snow is falling now, and we only cancel if it snows at 2 AM. Or if there's a downed power line. That happened in 6th grade. We came to school and sat in class for 45 min. because they didn't cancel until we all got there.

We didn't even have snow days when 1) It was so icy out, many kids (including myself) sustained minor injuries (my nose hurt a lot, but it wasn't broken, and 2) when it was -25F out and walking just the small distance to the bus stop was painful. All the surrounding area had a snow day.

This is how it works: Wayne County only gets snow in very small amounts. Already the estimates have lowered from 14 inches to 5-7. And most of it will probably fall before midnight (not good for a snow day. :x )

But I am still wearing my pj's inside out. Hey, you never know...
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:55 pm
View Likes
Skye says...

We got 2 snow days in a row here! :D
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
— William Shakespeare