21%
Don't care
12%

Total votes : 43

Random avatar

Reviews: 109
Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:53 am
Teeeeo. says...

...Why was this post just suddenly and pointlessly revived? A year after it died? (O_o)

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:08 pm
gyrfalcon says...

Let's just say he'd better be dead. I don't think Rowling is as dumb a moron as to bring_the_wizard_back. CLICHE!!!!!!!!!
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:55 pm
snap says...

I've read this before, and, honestly, I think it's wishful thinking. It's interesting, but if you take into account that when JK Rowling first began the Potter series, she was a single mother writing it out of desperation, I just don't see how she'd come up with all the clues and things leading up to the ending of the seventh book before she even started the first. I don't know, it's possible, I suppose, and interesting, I don't doubt that, but I'm skeptical.
The beautiful part of writing is that you don't have to get it right the first time, unlike, say, a brain surgeon.
~ Robert Cormier

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:45 am
Chandni says...

I believe he is eventhough there a whole website based on him not being dead, www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com.

and also if I'm not mistaken I heard J.K. Rowling saying : "Don't expect Dumbledore to do a Gandalf"

Wishfull thinking could either mean :

-don't expect him to show up in white
-don't expect him to save either Harry, Ron or Hermione while "reviving"
-and so on.

I must say the website delivers great feedback though as Siegfried did himself ;)

But since Rowling refered to that, I've gotten my hopes down :(
I should not keep on, I'll just creep on creepin'on.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:23 am
Snoink says...

He's alive in the painting? Yep...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:29 am
Royboy says...

Yeah. I've been to that website, Chadni. It's rather interesting. It's got background on quite a few characters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...Why was this post just suddenly and pointlessly revived? A year after it died? (O_o)
Only because the next one is coming out in mere weeks.

My opinion is that Dumbledore really is dead. Sirius isn't, but Dumbledore definietly is. Although nobody sees anything about his wand, and nobody actually sees his body after they take him away from under the tower, I still believe he is dead. There is no finding a way out of this one this time.

Hes DEAD. d-e-a-d dead.
[url="www.royacrystaldoesnanowrimo.tumblr.com"]Follow my 2011 NaNoWriMo progress on tumblr[/url] or [url="http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/734471"]friend me on the official NaNoWriMo forums[/url]!

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:15 pm
snap says...

"Don't expect Dumbledore to do a Gandalf"

I didn't hear this, but it probably means don't expect him to make an appearance after he is thought dead. That's what I would assume, anyway.
The beautiful part of writing is that you don't have to get it right the first time, unlike, say, a brain surgeon.
~ Robert Cormier

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:56 pm
Chandni says...

Howso is Sirius not dead? that would be intresting :roll:
I should not keep on, I'll just creep on creepin'on.

Writing is like love: the real thing is a lot less romantic
— dragonfphoenix