z

Young Writers Society

Mizahar

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:41 am
Day says...

One of the most recent staff picks was a RP website titled Mizahar. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions or was already an active member on the site.

After glancing around and reading a dozen different pages I still didn't have any idea what was going on. The storybook section here on YWS is one of my favorite places on the site, and so I looked to this website intently. Basically I was wondering if anyone else has had any experience with it and would recommend it to me.

Also feel free to discuss
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:23 am
Cirque says...

I don't have much experience with it but I have to agree, it was very hard to get my head around. The rules were kind of airy too, I didn't quite get them...maybe that's because I'm slow! :lol:

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:50 pm
LastPaladin says...

I've looked at it with Andes and I've debated about joining they take it very seriously. And it looks like it could be very rewarding. Andes is exploring it more, talk to him :).
You poor take courage
You rich take care
This earth was made a common treasury
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace
The orders came to cut them down

Billy Bragg - The World Turned Upside Down

126 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:15 pm
Day says...

Wait which Andy?

168 Reviews

Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:35 pm
LastPaladin says...

Day wrote:Wait which Andy?

Squalls, he knows more about it. I've debated joining it so much though, because like how much they place in character profiles, you seen any yet?
You poor take courage
You rich take care
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace

126 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:07 pm
Day says...

Yes, I've been wandering around the site a bit today and last night. Really intriguing place

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:07 pm
Nate says...

Heh, I don't much care for it:
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post27619.html#p27619

Although, what's really odd is that I'm pretty sure I've never met the guy before. From what I can tell, it's just a coincidence but it's a really weird one seeing as how PA put up the staff pick for the site a few days ago and the "Nathan Caldwell" profile was made today.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:15 pm
StellaThomas says...

Nate- someone pointed that out in Chat today and asked if you had joined. It's such a weeeeeird coincidence.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:29 pm
Nate says...

Stella Thomas wrote:It's such a weeeeeird coincidence.

Haha, you're telling me! But from what I can tell, I really never have met the guy and he's not a member of YWS either.

Edit
Heard back from the guy. It's a coincidence. He's just as weirded out as I am, lol.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:23 am
Stitch says...

I just wanted to slap this with a quick bump. If I am overstepping a rule, someone slap me in return, and give me a harsh talking to. I read the Rules, as well as a Newb Guide, so I am hoping I didn't miss anything. >>;

I am from Mizahar! My name is Stitch there as well, so nice to meet you all. We have had a few people from the YSW show up on our site and get to writing, so I figured I would return the favor, and come here to write a bit. I will see if I can delve into it!

Anyways!

If any of you have any kind of question about Mizahar (http://www.mizahar.com), let me know. We would love to get more writers onto the board, and there seem to be tons of talented ones around here. We are a completely original fantasy board, with completely original races, and magic, and all kinds of things. You sign up, create a character, and then start roleplaying out the life and stories of that character! Just writing one eternal story with him, really!

Feel free to ask questions, and I hope to see you guys around! <333

126 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:18 am
Day says...

Stitch! That's pretty awesome. I'm glad someone from that side of the realm has come over to our side, and it may be cool for anyone if they have questions concerning mizahar. I made an account, but just never got into it because I play my Xbox, LOTR: BFM2 on the computer and go on YWS. It would have been too much with school coming.

168 Reviews

Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:55 pm
LastPaladin says...

Hey everyone, you should check out this site if you're a fan of roleplaying great community and it's so much fun. I was worried it be difficult but honestly it quite easy to slip in. And it really coordinates your writing in ways to improve both your character development skills and storywriting.

Nice to see you here Stich, I see only postive results from this meeting of two sites :).
You poor take courage
You rich take care
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace

Random avatar

Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:21 pm
Stitch says...

Nice to see you too, LP! <333

And yeah Day, I totally understand. I have to juggle my time between Mizahar and video games, and it is a bit stressful trying to keep up some kind of activity on other sites. Good luck with school, when it comes!

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:07 pm
Lumi says...

While Mizahar seems cool and all, there is so much to establish before you're ready to really do anything. Which is all fine and dandy considering the immense lore/fantasy basis... But still, for newbies, it's a bit much.

Imagine if the YWS rulebook was 10 wiki pages long. 8P
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

Random avatar

Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:18 pm
Stitch says...

I do have to agree with that point. There can be a lot to do, but I enjoy the lore, and enjoy the reading. I guess it really comes down to that in the end; enjoying the kind of lore you are getting involved in at Mizahar, and enjoying the detail that goes into creating your character to roleplay. <3

"My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together."
— Bishop Desmond Tutu