z

Young Writers Society

How old is too old? to play games ect.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:29 am
zelithon says...

OK when do you become an adult 21? I don't consider my 22 year old cousin an adult but the law does.
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:24 am
Brian says...

When does one become an adult? When you start taking responsibility for your actions. Some achieve that at a young age, while others never do.
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:28 am
Snoink says...

I'll be an adult in six months, lol. Scary, isn't it?

I stopped playing with toys when I got my period at eleven. It wasn't a conscious effort, mind you, it just happened. But then I started taking the stories that I had been playing out and began writing them. So the games continue!

Games just evolve into better things.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

241 Reviews

Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:35 am
zelithon says...

"Brian
Posted: 22

When does one become an adult? When you start taking responsibility for your actions. Some achieve that at a young age, while others never do."

My cousin does but I still don't concider him an adult.
(and nor will a consider snionk one :D :lol: :D )
-Dr.Suess

badonkadonk

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:23 am
sabradan says...

"I aint never gonna grow up. I'm a grown ass kid"--Kanye West
BEST.ATTITUDE.EVER.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:13 pm
David Guinness says...

Well, and at some point you should become a mature, responsible adult (exceptions to the people who want the exceptions- not to Michael Jackson)

But when you become a grandparent, you can be a kid again. Completely. And do all the things kids do.

In between times, you irresponsibly design and beta test video games.
David Guinness

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:24 pm
Mattie says...

Well, seeing as some adults still collect toys, I would have to say never. I do enjoy a round of tag myself in fact. Any other takers? Anyways, I don't think anyone of this generation is too old. I mean come on, the way they look now and days you can never be too old! Maybe I should bring down my Barbie dolls and rebuild their Dream House once again.

241 Reviews

Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:25 am
zelithon says...

Most people concider adults who collect toys creepy. :?
-Dr.Suess

badonkadonk

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:32 pm
thegirlwhofateloves says...

Depends what kind of toys.
www.myspace.com/prettytorture
felicitypepper@hotmail.co.uk

Big up the YWS Massive!

....And I still don't know what SPEW is....

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:47 pm
Tara says...

I have a better question. Why would anyone ever WANT to stop playing games? -gets out big cardboard box- who wants to go to the MOON?
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:24 pm
Nate says...

Tara wrote:I have a better question. Why would anyone ever WANT to stop playing games? -gets out big cardboard box- who wants to go to the MOON?

LOL. Me!

By the way, anyone who collects toys, no matter what the age, is creepy...

What I've noticed growing up is this: at age 11, it's cool to play with Legos. At age 15, it's uncool to play with legos. At age 19, it's very uncool to play with legos. At age 23, it's even cooler to play with legos than when you were 11.

I think a lot of people go through a stage where they feel like to have to act grown up, and that means ditching a lot of the trappings of childhood. But, eventually, you get to a stage where you yearn for the days of when you had nothing to worry about save studying for a quiz on adding two digit numbers. So you begin to like all the things you liked back then; kind of as a way of rejecting adulthood. Everyone's different though, but that's what I've seen happening with myself and with my friends.

Of course, becoming an adult is about not playing with toys or anything like that. It's about what Brian said: accepting responsibility for your own actions. That doesn't mean you have to be responsible, you just need to take responsibility. Example: One of the people who worked for me this past summer at the waterfront was one of the most irresponsible people I had ever met. He always goofed off and he never took anything seriously. But, when he made a mistake, he accepted full responsibility for it without hesitation. No excuses, no ands ors buts, just "Sorry sir, it won't happen again." And it wouldn't happen again. There were others who acted much more serious than he, but they always tried to pin the blame on someone else. So I consider the former person an adult, even though he was 15, and one of the latter people (who was 19) a child.

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:31 pm
thegirlwhofateloves says...

Do you think they have lego on the moon? Should we take the aliens up there some as a 'please don't conduct scary cutting up type experiments on us' kind of present?
Will my old bike helmet do for going up to the moon????
:lol:
I love lego, I do.
www.myspace.com/prettytorture
felicitypepper@hotmail.co.uk

Big up the YWS Massive!

....And I still don't know what SPEW is....

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:13 pm
ummcowsareawesome says...

Do you guys want to know a secret? Zelithon is almost 14 and she always begs me to play stuffed animals and beanie babies with her. So she isn't exactly the maturest member... but that doesn't mean she isn't fun to play with. She does make me pee in my pants sometimes... (from laughing)
LoveHorseshoe79 (4:28:03 PM): the worst thing is to make someone you love miserable because they are so scared to like someone else because you are always hovering over them

Yes, I know, I'm very wise and knowing.

241 Reviews

Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:34 pm
zelithon says...

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I do not!
beg.
she does.

And she will be 12 in a few days and still can't control her bladder.
-Dr.Suess

badonkadonk

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:45 pm
ummcowsareawesome says...

You are, once again, a liar, Zel. You do beg me to play when I'm trying to clean the kitchen and do my homework (stuff you should be doing) You should close the door of your lies and open the door to reality.
LoveHorseshoe79 (4:28:03 PM): the worst thing is to make someone you love miserable because they are so scared to like someone else because you are always hovering over them

Yes, I know, I'm very wise and knowing.

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backwards. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that life's going to launch you into something great, so just focus and keep aiming.
— Unknown