z

Young Writers Society

500 Internal Server Error

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:27 am
Nate says...

Has anybody else been getting these? I keep on getting "500 Internal Server Error" and it won't allow me into the forums for hours. I'm trying to figure out if it's my network, or if it's my hosting service.

By the way, with regards to hosting services, don't get Yahoo!!! They're terrible. The new hosting service is going to be ipowerweb, which will probably be better. So far, their customer service is far superior.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:12 am
niteowl says...

Yeah that happened to me earlier too.

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:16 am
faith says...

it happened to me too, i would guess its the server.

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:13 am
electricbluemonkey says...

It happened to me yesterday and I couldn't get on until today.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:29 am
Firestarter says...

It's happened to me a few times but it usually rectifies itself soon after.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:16 pm
niteowl says...

It happened to me again this morning. It didn't say 500 internal server error though. That could have just been my computer.

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:57 pm
Elocina says...

I've gotten it a dozen times or so, but only when I tried to open in a new window. I righted it by closing the window with the '500 Error' on it, and trying again. Usuaully by the third time, I get the right page.

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:05 pm
electricbluemonkey says...

It seems to be working alright for me, I only got that thing once.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:40 pm
Perra says...

I got one twice or so one day, but it went away after refreshing or going back and clicking again.
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:50 pm
Firestarter says...

I got loads today! Had to go away from the site for a while cos it doesn't work at all! Had to do that a few times.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

425 Reviews

Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:35 pm
Nate says...

It should only be coming up because of a bad file, but since it only does it intermittently, I think it's something with the server.

Anyway, I guess I'll go ahead and switch to the new domain ahead of schedule. That might mean the site could be down for a bit tomorrow while I transfer the files (it'll be down for only an hour or so).

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:25 pm
Skye says...

This thread is jinxed! I didn't get any before I read this, but got tons afterwards!
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:36 pm
Firestarter says...

Oooo...the curse of the 505 thread!

Run for your lives!!! :lol:

425 Reviews

Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:56 pm
Nate says...

Skye Demon wrote:This thread is jinxed! I didn't get any before I read this, but got tons afterwards!

LOL

Anyways, I'm having problems switching servers, so that's not gonna happen now.

If you're still getting "500 Internal Server Error" let me know. I think I know what the problem is, but I'm not sure. Also, it'd be helpful if you could tell me about what time it happened at and what you were doing at the time.

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:08 pm
Perra says...

Skye Demon wrote:This thread is jinxed! I didn't get any before I read this, but got tons afterwards!

*nods* I got the error a lot after posting here, and while I was trying to post somewhere, too! :xmas_evil:
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

It had a perfectly round door like a porthole, painted green, with a shiny yellow brass knob in the exact middle. The door opened on to a tube-shaped hall like a tunnel: a very comfortable tunnel without smoke, with panelled walls, and floors tiled and carpeted, provided with polished chairs, and lots and lots of pegs for hats and coats—the hobbit was fond of visitors. The tunnel wound on and on, going fairly but not quite straight into the side of the hill —The Hill, as all the people for many miles round called it—and many little round doors opened out of it, first on one side and then on another.
— JRR Tolkien