Young Writers Society

The Confessional

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:35 pm
View Likes
The Confessional says...

Dear you.
I finally swallowed the pill. I'm done. I let go. And my heart is finally ready to love again.
I hope that someday soon you'll realize that it doesn't have to be this way.
The next move is yours.
Either way, I win.
Love me.
'It is the confession, not the priest, that gives us absolution.'
- Oscar Wilde

Random avatar

Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:56 pm
View Likes
The Confessional says...

Now I know you're just a player. But I didn't before. Every time you called me darling, every time you called me beautiful, every text I got with a heart or a smiley face, it made my heart soar. I couldn't eat or sleep for weeks because of you - because of my "ravenous butterflies" as we once called them.

But.

Then someone I thought was my friend...turned on me. She pestered you, annoyed you, grated on your nerves, said things she promised she wouldn't. I didn't know this. So when your friends started bullying her....I thought I was protecting her.

I won't even pretend I know why you left so easily, because we had a small argument. But you did. A few days later, I found out the truth. I messaged you over and over again, telling you I was sorry and that I didn't know. But you wouldn't respond. You wouldn't talk to me. You wouldn't even look at me.

Then, one day I finally got a message back. The message? "I have a girlfriend."

My heart crushed. I promised myself then that I wouldn't cry. I only broke that promise once, when you started flirting with the very friend that tore us apart.

Me and her aren't friends anymore. Not just because of that, but because she was coniving, couldn't stay out of people's business, and she was pushing me away anyways.

You didn't talk to me for months.

I started to become happy again. I made the best friend any girl could ask for, I had moved on from you. So I thought. One day, I got a random text from a random number, because by then I'd deleted your number.

You said you wanted to teach me guitar, something I'd been wanting to do for a while. I said, "You kind of have to talk to me to do that, now don't you." I always have been snarky. You just laughed and asked me how I'd been, what I was up to. Then you apologized.

We haven't talked since then. Maybe it's my fault, because I pushed you away that night.

It's been a few months since then. I tell my friends I'm okay, that I'm over you.

But the truth is, every time we pass each other in the halls (which happens about ten times a day), or bump into each other when you come out of math class and I go in it, or I see you talking to girls, or even just walking with you friend, when you pass by me when we have the same lunch, when I turn and catch you staring, my heart breaks a little inside.

But I'm getting better.

*Sorry, haven't told anyone this - had to get it all off my chest*
- Oscar Wilde

Random avatar

Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:44 am
The Confessional says...

My life is crumbling around me - especially my family life. Everyone is a wreck, a total mess; including me.

Recently, he came along. He makes me smile when I'm sad, he makes me laugh when I feel like crying, he makes me feel like I can an will overcome everything.

I like him. A lot.

But my family is just....so crazy.

I feel terrible for every moment of my happiness with him, because my family is so upset and distressed.

Am I a terrible person?
- Oscar Wilde

Random avatar

Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:54 pm
View Likes
The Confessional says...

I'm a wreck, I always have been. No matter how ok I act I'm definitively not. I feel horrible and useless, I hate myself. When I look in the mirror I see all the ugly. You ruined me forever. When you took my innocence my life began to spiral. When people know the truth they will never want me. I cut myself sometimes and try to forget the mistakes. I lie to everone because I can't trust anyone because of you. I feel like devon killed himself because of me. Nothing makes sense anymore.
- Oscar Wilde

Random avatar

Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:18 am
View Likes
The Confessional says...

My parents see my interests as foolish as they do not correspond with the typical interests of a person of my age. Why can they not accept that I am not a typical teenager? (oh, the word alone blister my tongue...)

Foolish is what is common. We must deviate to flourish in a honest manner.
- Oscar Wilde

Random avatar

Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:39 am
View Likes
The Confessional says...

I feel alone. This is a confession because I'm afraid to admit it for real. One of my best friends hardly ever talks to me, my other...I'm not sure she even listens to half the things I say.

I feel so distant. Like everything is happening around me instead of with me. I don't mean that it's revolving around me or anything - that's far from the truth- but I just don't feel close to it anymore.

I write because the people I truly know completely are my characters, and because I love it. It's the one thing that actually makes me feel...different, visible, seen. I'm tired of being a cliche invisible girl. I don't want to be that. I want to be seen, visible, different. I want people to like me because of everything I am instead of just a few attributes...
- Oscar Wilde

Random avatar

Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:30 pm
View Likes
The Confessional says...

I promise I will never, ever, as long as I live, tell you how much you mean to me.
But you might very well find out anyways. How did he find out? Was it just a lucky guess? Did you tell him to pester me about it? It hurts, y'know. The accusations that are half-true, that I can't correct, because it would reveal who I am. And that can't happen, because I'll be shunned. From the others, I could stand it, but not from you. You mean too much to me.

So, I'm just going to confess, forthright.
I am in love with you, and have been for over a year. Whenever you sit next to me, it makes me smile. When you laugh at my jokes, or just smile at me...
It makes my whole world brighter. Pathetic, I know.
Yes, and I also understand that I can't be in love with you -that it will never work out. You are as straight as a ruler, if he is to be believed. But, the saddest thing is... I only half-believe him. I want so much for his words to be a lie, that I convince myself they are lies. I purposefully misinterpret your friendly gestures, and, in doing so, fall even deeper in love with you.
I'm in over my head. How can I get out now?
- Oscar Wilde

Random avatar

Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:02 am
View Likes
The Confessional says...

I am a horrible person, ad I want it to stop.
But everything I do, everything I don't, every fire I put out, every frown I turn upwards, they reverse.
The fire catches alight, burning and sparking hate from everyone.
Everyone frowns again, their lips forming and shaping into an evil downwards monster.
I hate myself.
I lye, I tease, I ruin, I hate.
I never forgive, help, care, share, or be special.
I want to be someone special, but I hate myself.

And everyone time I look in the mirror it shatters, and millions upon billions of tiny shards of glass spread out across the floor, because I am so horrible to look out on the inside.
And then someone will come and get a tettnis shot because they step on a piece of glass.
And it's all my fault.
- Oscar Wilde

Random avatar

Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:57 pm
View Likes
The Confessional says...

My past... This sounds cliche but it's coming back to get me. I did something that I regret, ended up ruining the relationship between my parents and I for a while, and for some reason they think that what's going on is soon to be a repeat.

But it's not. I keep trying to tell them that, but they don't listen. I hate it. It's as if they don't trust me, as if they don't think I'm as strong as they used to.

I'm not like I was. It actually scares me how much I've changed over the past year. And I'm not who my siblings or parents are. I just wish they knew that...
- Oscar Wilde

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:18 pm
Pilot says...

Hey Confessional, I don't know if you realized this, but double posting isn't aloud. I'm pretty sure you did something around 12th-posted.
I don't always write on forums, but when I do, I prefer YWS.

Sharpen your pencil, my friends.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:49 am
EnchantedPanda says...

Pilot, did you read the original post?

You might want to, it kind of explains everything. :wink:

12 Reviews

Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:34 pm
Pilot says...

Oh, dur. My bad.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:03 pm
EnchantedPanda says...

Pilot, I made the same mistake myself the first time I saw this thread. :D

12 Reviews

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:51 pm
Pilot says...

Some of these confessions... I want to know who the confessor is. xD

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:47 am
PenguinAttack says...

We'll not clutter the thread up with chatter. :) The best part about TheConfessional is that everyone can feel safe in being anon.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

"People should not be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
— V for Vendetta