z

Young Writers Society

Man Allegedly Bites Dog As Punishment

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:18 pm
Nate says...

GAINESVILLE, Fla. Dec 14, 2004 — A man has been charged with animal cruelty for allegedly biting his Jack Russell terrier as punishment, and police say he used a 200-pound bull mastiff in an attempt to keep back officers who arrived to arrest him.

The mother of Mount Lee Lacy's girlfriend called police because she was concerned about an argument between him and her daughter about Lacy's unusual discipline method for his dog Lady.

Officers kicked down the apartment door when they heard an argument and a barking dog. Lacy was holding the mastiff named Breaker on a taut leash six feet inside the door. The officers drew their guns but didn't fire.

Lacy, 21, was handcuffed and jailed Saturday on one count each of felony animal cruelty and resisting arrest without violence. He remained in the Alachua County Jail on $25,000 bail Tuesday.

"He said that biting the dog was good punishment and that's how you train them, that dogs bite so that's what they understand," Sgt. Keith Kameg said. "When an officer went to check on (Lady), she was cowering in the back of her crate as if the officer was going to hurt her."

Police reported Lady's left front paw was bloody from a bite. Jack Russell terriers normally weight 10 to 16 pounds.

"If you are inflicting injury or breaking skin, or the dog is responding to pain, you are not doing any good," said Pepe Peruyero, a former police officer who operates a dog training school in nearby High Springs.

Information from: The Gainesville Sun,

- Associated Press
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=328652

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:45 am
Rydia says...

That's not only strange but cruel. I hope they took all his animals away from him.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:35 pm
Via says...

Idiot.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:42 pm
Jules the jester says...

I know of a similar theory like this. The larger dogs respond to a slight nip and it shows the owner is the 'pack leader'. nothing serious. But to make the animal bleed is damn well wrong.
Man:George look at this.
George: look at what?
Man: Ha made you look!
George: Idiot!

404 Reviews

Reviews: 404
Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:14 pm
Gadi. says...

I can't believe people can be so dim-witted. That guy is seriously mental.

Which reminds me----NEVER EAT AT KFC! They boil the chickens in oil while they are still alive, and they overfeed them with vitamins, it's so disgusting. NEVER. It's cruelty.
my world isn't only beautiful
it is so far away

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:17 pm
Esmé says...

I'll quote write me: Idiot.

166 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 166
Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:35 pm
Charlie II says...

Strange.

My friend's dad is a dog trainer and I've heard him say something about biting dogs for discipline, but I didn't think anyone would actually do it (I like dogs, but I wouldn't want to BITE one :?). Apparently its what any dog's mum would do it to assert authority and tell the pup off, but only for something very serious. Plus, its only meant to be a slight nip on the ear.

Like I said, strange.

Someone with very little understanding should really not be allowed to have dogs. It's good that this got found out.

DL
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:54 pm
Wossoo says...

I can understand if a small nip on the ear of a large dog can display your dominance over the dog... that might be acceptable. Biting down hard on a small dog to make it bleed? That is just plain wrong in my opinion.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:37 pm
She Writes says...

Ahhh! I HATE YOU DUDE!

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:01 am
GingerLizzy says...

This is awful; Why on earth would you bite your dog?!

I don't even agree with the diciplinary tap on the nose or side, let alone the bite the oor thing. I would have no sympathy for these two if they bot got bit by the dog; they deserve it!

Idiots.
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:20 am
Pushca says...

Um, ew? Honestly, why?
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:23 pm
Tessitore says...

I've trained several dogs and never bit any of them to teach discipline. All of my trained dogs have responded extremely well, given the correct form of the punishment/reward system.

I have read in papers and books about wolf packs using bites to signify dominance, but again (reiterating several opinions), those were wolves against wolves, and drawing blood on a dog 1/15th your size is nothing but cruelty. Where I could see nipping your dog, I don't see why anyone would WANT to.

This man had probably done more then just bite the animal, if it was cowering away from perfect strangers. Dogs by nature are extremely friendly animals. Showing fear at strangers is a obvious sign of continual abuse.
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

"I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
— Lewis Carroll