81%
Edward Cullen
19%

Total votes : 72

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:04 am
LilyJamey says...

I actually flipped back to page 2 to drool over Colin Firth. How can some so-called "perfect" teenage boy be better than the one and only Fitzwilliam Darcy?

Hear hear about the properness. Mr Darcy is such a gentleman, even the vampire doesn't stand a chance. In fact, it's sacrilege to mention both names in a sentence!

And, I don't want girls swooning over my guy, whether it's accidental or not. He should turn grey with me and lose his looks with me.
Got YWS?

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:41 pm
velvetnight1313 says...

I never read Pride and Prejudice, but even if I did,
I still definitely still say EDWARD CULLEN, a hot, great
VAMPIRE boyfriend? Why wouldn't you choose him?

Oh and between Robert Pattinson and Colin Rirth...
I'm not that much of a fan of either but I'd have to say
Robert Pattinson
"She walks in Beauty, like the night,Of cloudless limes and starry skies;And all that's best of dark and bright, Meet in her aspect and her eyes:Thus mellowed to that tender light, Which Heaven to gaudy day denies." -George Gordon Lord Byron

661 Reviews

Reviews: 661
Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:50 pm
Jasmine Hart says...

I really don't like Mr. Darcy. He's so arrogant and condesceding and self-important. And a snob. I'm not too crazy about Edward either; he's very controlling and obsessive (Jacob all the way!) but, even with the literal blood-lust, I reckon he's the lesser of two evils.
Last edited by Jasmine Hart on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:03 pm
Elelel says...

Oh dear. What an amazingly awesome poll idea.

Darcy.

Although his arms aren't as scintillating, and scintillation is very important. Espeically when it comes to arms.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:59 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

I'd rather be with Mr. Darcy! First of all, Mr. Darcy could actually exist. At least he's realistic! Vampires will never, ever exist. Ever. No matter how much you want them to. They aren't real! Plus, who would want to be with some one who is constantly putting you in life-threatening situations? The Volturi, James, Victoria and so on. Cullen himself is a life-threatening situation! He's a vampire for God's sake! You'd be safe with Mr. Darcy and you'd get to live in Victorian England!

Hehe, sorry for ranting. I'm not a fan of Twilight. :D
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:29 pm
Meshugenah says...

*snorts* Lucy! Scintillating arms! Plz, Darcy invented scintillating arms! It's totally how he got Elizabeth in the end. Had nothing at all to do with wonderful snarky nature and the ability to argue with rather than at, or his money or Pemberley. And lack of biting - rather, him biting would not result in becoming undead part.

(and the whole, you know, not watching you while sleeping bit)
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:28 am
Elelel says...

Mesh, you have an excellent point! While Mr Darcy's arms are never openly described as scintillating, I have no doubt that they are scintillating and that he won Elizabeth over by the simple act of rolling up his sleeves.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:29 am
Demeter says...

It can be proved in the BBC serial; after the swimming-in-the-pond scene, he must have had his sleeves rolled up. And that's when he bumped on Elizabeth and she clearly fell for him.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:37 am
Meep(: says...

velvetnight1313 wrote:I never read Pride and Prejudice, but even if I did,
I still definitely still say EDWARD CULLEN, a hot, great
VAMPIRE boyfriend? Why wouldn't you choose him?

Simple. He doesn't exist.
Darcy is realistic, and he's a gentleman.
Cullen is Mr Overreaction (and many other negative things).
And choosing a guy simply on the basis of his 'hotness',
Is shallowness beyond my capabillities.

Jasmine Hart wrote:I really don't like Mr. Darcy. He's so arrogant and condesceding and self-important. And a snob.

If you read Pride & Prejudice till the end, you'd know that he mends his ways, thus becoming a wonderful guy. Humans make mistakes. What matters is that they make the effort to correct them.

DARCY ALL THE WAY! :D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:35 am
timeless says...

I'd gladly take both, please. However, something about the thought of a perfect man climbing in through my window to carry me off to sleep is strangely appealing. Team Edward all the way! I'd like to be immortal to, because that'd give me the rest of eternity to to everything i've ever wanted to, learn all there is to know, and of course, write fantastic novels for all of you guys! *grins*

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:49 pm
Snoink says...

Lol, I went to the horse stables the other day and one of the horses was named Mr. Darcy. <3
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:05 am
Rosendorn says...

41 to 12.

I think Mr. Darcy is winning. ;)

(I don't have a vote. I just felt like posting that stat.)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:08 am
Musicaloo7311 says...

Hmm. I've seen the movies for both, but I've only read Twilight. (I'm borrowing Pride & Prejudice from my friend once she's done with it. I saw that you have the post of it online, but I prefer my books in book form. Odd habit. Haha.)

Anyway, I can't say Edward was my absolute favorite character in Twilight. He is tied as one of my favorites... But I found him faulty at times, yet I still love him. But not in a romantic way.

Ahh, Mr. Darcy. Amazing character. I LOVED the scene when he told Elizabeth he loved her in the movie. (The Keira version)

Soo... I'll settle for both! Haha.
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:37 pm
Wiggy says...

HEKKAS MR. DARCY *&$%FANGIRL*!!!!OMG!!!(%^$ lol There is NO choice. Mr. Darcy is classic, beautiful, lovely, drooly, gorgeous, and the most amazing character (besides Rhett Butler) to every permeate literature. Good God, there is no choice!

So, my vote is MR. DARCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, yes, Colin Firth is my Mr. Darcy, too. :D
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:52 am
GryphonFledgling says...

And, yes, Colin Firth is my Mr. Darcy, too.

*hugs all other Colin Firth Darcy fans*
I am reminded of the babe by you.

I like anchovies~ but nobody calls me that.
— alliyah