z

Young Writers Society

Anime

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:25 am
Korin says...

So, Any of you watch Anime? If so what so you watch?

CowBoy BeBop is one of my favorites.. Trigun was OK, and Akira was good..
Vampire Hunter D was my favorite Anime movie by far though.. Both of them were spectacular. I watched Case Closed untill CN pulled it for Super Milk Chan which is the stupidest show I've seen in awhile...

Also, Ninja Scroll was awsome.. A little err.. mature and graphic though :lol:

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:35 am
Tessitore says...

Anime:

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
Blood the Last Vampire
Van Helsing
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Fushugi Yugi, the Mysterious Play
Ceres: Celestial Legend

Manga:

FAKE
Yu-Yu Hakusho
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Fushugi Yugi, the Mysterious Play
Ceres: Celestial Legend
Video Girl Ai
Shikon No Go
Shaman King
Petshop of Horrors

you could say i'm a fan... started off on moony of course. moved on to better things. recommend Fushugi Yugi and Utena most. They're the longest-standing.
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:14 pm
-KayJuran- says...

I LOVE manga and anime...!

I have manga books in English, German, and Japanese! Except, of course, the ones in English are easier to read...

A Japanese one I can recommend is:
sakura momo ko

It's really good if you're learning the language!

:D
Last edited by -KayJuran- on Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:49 pm
Perra says...

Ah, anime...I haven't watched nor read that in a while. Ok, I saw an episode or two a few weeks ago, and then another episode last week. I still remember my favorites. For Anime, I believe it was Inu-Yasha, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Wolf's Rain, Fruits Basket, Rurouni Kenshin, Case Closed(watched a few episodes), and Sailor Moon. And for Manga, I have some Yu Yu Hakusho, Fruits Basket, Fushigi Yuugi, Inu Yasha, and Dragon Ball Z*shudders*. The only three Anime movies I've seen have been Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke(WOLVES), and Kiki's Delivery Service. I think that's it....
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

324 Reviews

Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:15 pm
-KayJuran- says...

ive got Spirited Away AND Princess Mononoke!!!

Hayao Mikazaki is a GREAT director... :D

87 Reviews

Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:20 pm
Perra says...

Yes, he is! We only have Spirited Away, and I had rented Princess Mononoke and watched it about five times! I had heard great things about it for about a year or two from another internet friend. LOVED IT!!!

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

103 Reviews

Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:50 pm
Tessitore says...

Ooo, I forgot to add that. I saw Spirited Away on the IMAX and I LOVED it. I saw Princess Mononoke the year before it and loved THAT too... though I didn't see it in theaters... sadness is mine.

They're awesome, though, simply awesome...
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:02 pm
iced.cappuchino says...

I like anime.

I used to be a full-time anime nut, but the obsession has been cut back for now, since I haven't as much time as I used to.

Hmmm, a few recent discoveries in the manga departement include 'Black Cat', 'Groove Adventure Rave', 'Shaman King' (oh how I am an Ana/Yoh shipper :)) and 'Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle'. My favorites include 'Hikaru no Go', 'One Piece', 'Conan' and 'Naruto'. (Yes, I admit it, Ninjas Are Cool.)

Anime-wise, I'm following 'Witch Hunter Robin', though a few of my long standing favorites are 'Card Captor Sakura', 'X/TV' and 'Fushigi Yugi'.

Yes, I've read DragonBall (I used to love it!), Sailor Moon (up until the S series, I think), Magic Knight Rayearth, Yu-Gi-Oh (I shall never forget the trench coats).... I dabble in anything, to everything, from het to yaoi, from shoujo to shounen. Likewise can be said for anime.

I used to know all 150 pokemons (watched pokemon until the Johto leagues, which, in my opinion was the best season), knew every digimons' attack and evolution stages (third season is teh roxx0rs), and followed every episode of DragonBall Z with religious fervor. These were basically the only anime on Canadian networks. (Well, now we get Witch Hunter Robin, Gundam Wing, Gundam Seed, Inu-yasha, as well as One Piece, Shaman King from PBS). Bleh, Canada has strange policies regarding what can be shown on TV. >_>

I tend to read manga more than I watch anime, simply because there are few rental stores in my area, and more manga is avaible, though they're usually in French. Not that I'm complaining, from what I've seen, there isn't a notable difference in quality of translation.

[EDIT] I can't believe I forgot Rurouni Kenshin... which is only one of the best manga and anime. Ever. ^-^

103 Reviews

Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:23 pm
Tessitore says...

Hey, do you happen to get Shonen Jump? It sounds like it from the manga you listed. I get it monthly... and I used to get Animerica Extra as well, but it was so expensive I had to cancel my membership... damn it...

You did list a lot of what I was into... except DBZ. Try as I might, I never got into it. Sailor Moon, hell ya. First anime I remember obsessing over, though my father swears up and down that I was into Starblazers way back when...

I don't have too much time for it now, but I love it still.

U-T-E-N-A. Obsessed. Mucho. Need... more... manga...

And latest is Fushugi Yugi. Have been slightly into it since I got Animerica Extra... a few years back... but I haven't read/seen past the group getting onto the boat to go... somewhere, because the whole... thing... failed (I'm so descriptive, aren't I?). I do have a few holes, I don't know about some things between that, but I'm renting the DVD's now (woot for Netflix!) and hope to watch the rest of it all soon...

And FAKE. Gay cops. Yay! *jumps up and down*
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:23 pm
Brian says...

I use to be a huge fan of DragonBallZ, and all other DragonBall shows. I don't watch them much anymore just because I got a lot more work than I used to and plus I'm not sure when they come on anymore.

As for Spirited Away, that has to be one of the best animated movies I have ever seen. No matter how many times I watch it, it does not get old.

324 Reviews

Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:54 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Are there any other good films by Miyazaki?
Last edited by -KayJuran- on Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:22 pm
iced.cappuchino says...

Tessitore wrote:Hey, do you happen to get Shonen Jump? It sounds like it from the manga you listed. I get it monthly... and I used to get Animerica Extra as well, but it was so expensive I had to cancel my membership... damn it...

You did list a lot of what I was into... except DBZ. Try as I might, I never got into it. Sailor Moon, hell ya. First anime I remember obsessing over, though my father swears up and down that I was into Starblazers way back when...

Nope, I don't get Shonen Jump. I do know that a lot of those mangas come from it though. So I'm always a couple of volumes behind the latest chapters. Can't be helped though, I'm a poor college student. xD

Tessitore wrote:And FAKE. Gay cops. Yay! *jumps up and down*

Heheh, sounds interesting. I think I'll check it out ^^; I've seen a coupla of their manga books in stores, but I never knew what it was about.

And, I love Spirited Away as well. ^^ Especially the soundtrack. Beautiful music. <3

103 Reviews

Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:11 am
Tessitore says...

You just gotta read FAKE. Besides Petshop of Horrors, it's the only new manga (well, new for me) that I've gotten into in the last year and a half that's really sparked my interest. I have all the books now, and I'm happy... I read them when I have a spare moment... they're wonderful. And beautifuly drawn.

But I do also recommend very, very much Petshop of Horrors. I've only read the first book, but according to friend that has five of them, they start getting better and better.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:54 pm
aisu_ookami says...

I LOVE anime!!! I watch InuYasha, Wolf's Rain, Cowboy Bebop and Trigun religiously...I also follow Case Closed and other random Adult Swim animes whenever I have the time. As far as manga go...I have a few Japanese mangas (aka written in Japanese, I'm at the intermediate level) plus Lone Wolf and Cub, Cresant Moon, and the manga forms of InuYasha and Cowboy Bebop. Except my mom has randomly decided to ban all anime/manga from my house so I guess I won't be seeing many episodes for a while!!!
"Perfect happiness is only possible by the existance of perfect misery, perfect sorrow" ~Darcia

"Hey! I want to stand in front, creep!" ~InuYasha

Life is just a dream......

87 Reviews

Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:43 am
Perra says...

My mom kind of tried banning Anime once. She saw an episode of Yu Yu Hakusho when Hiei was fighting in the demon tournament and thought the whole show was about fighting. She must've gotten it confused with DBZ. :P Sorry, I just don't like DBZ anymore. Those fights are just too stinking long, and you know Goku's going to beat the bad guy nearly everytime.

And I forgot a manga when I posted about my favorites here; Ranma 1/2! I only have four volumes of it...

Need a Critique?

When a good man is hurt, all who would be called good must suffer with him.
— Euripides