Young Writers Society

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:37 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

I was thinking about YWS and how awesomely diverse we are, and I wondered where you saw yourself in ten years. Would you be a world famous writer, doing world tours? Become a politician and take over the world? Become an evil Bond villain?

No, sorry, I am being silly but I am really curious for an honest answer.

As for me, I see myself as being done with school (yay!) and working in a lab somewhere for research. In my free time, I see myself doing volunteer work for teenagers and writing. I think I'll have at least one novel published by then... hopefully more. But if not, then I don't mind. :) And I am really really not trying to think about marriage, lol, since I don't have anyone to marry to yet, but things change, I suppose. :)

How about yourself? Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:39 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

23 and a writer of large. Having at least two books published and at the least hopefully having a boyfreind. :D
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:09 pm
jasmine12 says...

I have very large unrealistic goals for the next ten years. I want at least three books published (not including their sequals if they have them) At least one of them being on a best seller list. I see myself living on a lake where I write every day.
Now a husband can either be in the equation or not.
If so, then he is either a teacher or a writer with an English accent...something about boys with accents that just make me all giddy inside.
So yeah thats where i see myself in ten years.
"Sometimes the worst bad guy makes the best good guy." Nigel--Untouched

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:20 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Oo-er. I'll be 30 years old.

I will have have graduated with a Masters in History by then, and therefore I see myself with a moderately successful job with a company that helps the world, and doesn't bleed it dry, and isn't a faceless corporation with no ethics. I hope to still write in my spare time, and perhaps have a novel or poetry published, but if not, I will still have time ahead of me. I still am active in my spare time, playing a variety of sports.

I would be married but without children yet, and still be living in the United Kingdom.

But let's be honest, I'll probably be a tramp.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:24 pm
Twit says...

Lying on the sofa, enormously fat, surrounded by cake crumbs and dirty plates, with the laptop on my stomach.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:38 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

I see myself working in a small time law firm, probably getting by reasonably okay and still writing in my spare time. I don't think I'll have anything published but I'll probably not live too far away from my sister so I can help her with animation scripts and the like.

I'd like to think I'd be in a relationship. One that's lasted at least a few years but no children yet. Possibly marriage though I'd be happy to just be engaged.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:40 pm
View Likes
ProfessorRabbit says...

My boyfriend and I have a plan for where we'll be in 10 years:

Avalon
We intend to save over the next seven years or so and accumulate enough money to purchase land up in the Interior. On that land, we intend to build a small community for us and for people like us, where we'll live a subsistence lifestyle. We'll have a greenhouse for plants, and we'll keep rabbits and chickens, and we'll even have an artificial pond for trout. We'll be close enough to the Anchorage area that we'll be able to visit the city, but far enough away that civilization will be unlikely to spread to our home, at least during our lifetimes. Once we have the place set up, we'll settle down with the people we've chosen to join us, and we'll raise a kid or two. *daydreams* It's a wonderful fantasy, isn't it? I plan to work hard on my writing in the intervening years and hopefully get published so that when we finally do achieve Avalon I'll be able to bring in a little money on the side.

I'll be 30, then. o.o
Frylock, please, no books! I can't read; I'm not a loser!
-Master Shake

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:02 pm
October Girl says...

that would mean my kids would be 10... and I'd be like..... old... **counts on fingers** I'll be 24 years old and my twins will be 10 holy crap.... :P
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:52 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

Hm...

I plan to be fresh out of college, first of all. At 23, I plan to, at the very least, have a girlfriend. I want a rather small house as soon as I can get it, living with not too much extra money. I want to write as much as I can, but I will also be an actor. Unfortunetly, acting means big cities, and I HATE big cities. Anyway, I want to live in a small town where you live off what food the local Dollar General sells. If all was perfect, I'd want to live in Goshen, Virginia. I've been there because there's a popular camp there, and the town is exactly what I'd like in a town. It has all I need: A church, a Dollar General, a gas station that I won't have to visit for gas much because I'll be within walking distence of everywhere I go, a library, and a cafe.

I might have one of those jobs where you work from your computer and just get money that way.

Eh, I'll figure something out.

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:59 pm
Cade says...

I will be 27, putting my English degree to good use working as Poetry Editor at the Kenyon Review. I will be engaged to my boyfriend of one year, two months, nine days, and eleven hours. In exactly ten years at this hour, on this day, I will be visiting my brother and his wife and taking their three-year-old son, my nephew, to the zoo. My hair will have grown to my elbows, and I have no plans to cut it any time soon. I still have my Harry Potter books and my high school literary magazines. I will drive a green Chevy Impala or VW Beetle.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:08 am
Jon says...

I ask myself this question a lot, I see myself, ten years from now, having the novel i am working on now published and hopfully a best seller. aside from the writing i see myself being a children's physician and possibly married, married? :shock:

Maybe I'll write several Children's Stories along the way, who knows.

I'll also be just graduating from medical school that the books that I published would help pay for, maybe even pay for it all!

This is a question that everyone ask themselves, I think.

Good question Snoink!

---Jon---
:D
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:21 am
Dream Deep says...

Ten years... I'll be 26, what a scary thought. Who knows? I'll be out of uni by then, maybe out of a conservatory. I'll be broke and brilliant and wandering aimlessly around Europe. Perhaps I will have found someone worth marrying - no kids yet, I want to enjoy my life for a while before committing to the never-to-be-taken-lightly responsibility of raising children. I will have published best-selling novels, mastered seven foreign languages and discovered a most elegant, world-altering mathematical proof upon which I can slap my surname before drifting into academic obscurity. I'll be in the midst of reforming world politics with my Council mates, and upon securing global peace, I'll move somewhere rainy and tranquil. At which point I will continue to write, play piano, and conduct myself with a great deal of awesome. Most of my ten-year plans involve me being unemployed. But this isn't an issue, since I'll make enough money off of the best-selling novels, the mathematics and the compositions to keep me living well enough to buy a house. Two houses, maybe. One in ugly, precious, coal-dust Minersville, PA - which I'll keep solely as a retreat to keep my creative juices flowing and remind me of my humble roots - and one in Europe. Maybe on the Adriatic, so that dad can come visit on his inevitable 'round the world sailing trip.

... But Prok's version sounds so much more plausible, doesn't it? Sometimes I wonder about you - "Where will DD be in ten years?" And then I realize, wandering around in the library of an insane asylum...

xD

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:39 am
Alice says...

I'll be twenty four...

I will be living in an apartment/loft in Chicago/NYC with music blaring 24/7 and my friends banging on my door attemtping to drag me into the "outside world" (I don't believe it exists) to get some ideas when I've got writers block instead of slamming my head into my wall.

I will also have at least 6 books published and a random job as a bartender for something to do ^_^
I just lost the game.

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:17 am
Bella says...

I'll be 25.

I should have already lived in Chicago for at least one year, and have moved on to travel Europe for a while, conditions permitting. I'll be dating Jordan (yes, I do plan on making that happen. He best plan his life accordingly) but we won't be married yet.

I will have my trilogy published, along with a collection of short stories and poems.

^.^
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155

something I have been thinking about ever since I saw the Super Mario Bros movie is how once I took a "what Nintendo character are you" quiz and I got Waluigi.
— Elinor