z

Young Writers Society

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:56 am
Clo says...

What Pork said.

No... I'll be 29! I'll be nearing the end of my party years. Getting old. Is that a wrinkle? Ah!

If everything goes as plan, I'll be living either on the East Coast or some West Coast state, teaching English in a high school, possibly published already. I'll run a book club and maybe doing some editing.

I also want to be doing art for bands! :P
How am I not myself?

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:36 am
Sam says...

Oh, dear. What a scary question--one the answer to which is, I think, "IDK my BFF Jill?"

I'll be twenty-five, fresh out of school (Poli Sci / Persian studies, insh'allah XD), hurdled the non-stupidity and language proficiency exams and put to work somewhere in Iran or Afghanistan averting world wars and doing...lots of paperwork. Or possibly getting coffee for the higher-ups. I don't really care, as long as I'm overseas and can pretend to be doing something important. Also, I will do pretty much anything for large quantities of falafel and naan, so for home-baked goodies, I might be a key player in the opium trade. Who knows?

Ten years ago I thought I'd be working at McDonald's, so. I pick corn. In ten years I'll probably be doing the same thing.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Meshugenah says...

I'll be living in the slums with my boyfriend of 2 days who I plan to dump in ten years and twenty minutes because he isn't enough like the power ranger I had a crush on when I was 5 because really, he's just another name in a long list of disappointments who simply are not as beautiful and talented and brooding as JTT who is again the teenage/5-year-old heartthrob and rules my life with each smoldering look sent in the general direction of Hollywood which is close enough to me to count even though we only have washed-up sports stars like Michael Jordan anywhere near us who coincidentally is now Brittney's roomie and they get on fabulously along with close next door neighbors Melissa Joan Hart and Molly Ringwald (that teen pregnancy show was the worst decision of her career, incidentally, and she hasn't shown her face in decades which is the source of great material for president Seth MacFarlane) and that rotten kid that couldn't put together the Shrine of the Silver Monkey is the world's newest billionaire because he filmed himself watching every episode of Full House in order straight with no sleep and then sold it on eBay.

So yeah. All my psychological issues of later life can be tied to the wonderful TV of the [insert proper decade here].
Last edited by Meshugenah on Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Maybe says...

Well, ten years would make me...23 years and thirteen days old. So by then I see myself either finishing up school, or done with it completely. I'd have at least one book published already on my own, and another with Bella (it's a work in progress currently). I'd also be a practiced guitar player and either in a good band, or had been in one previously, as either just guitarist or guitarist/vocalist. And no screaming punk-rock bands, but something more mellow, like soft-rock or just rock.

I'd be living in either Europe, California, New York, or still down in Florida somewhere, making enough money from my books and music to get me by in life with a nice house and some good friends. A boyfriend could be added into this, but definitely no kids yet. I'd be writing part-time, and either acting as a substitute teacher for English in Middle or High School, or simply enjoying life somewhere near a large body of water with good waves.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:58 am
andimlovegalore says...

I'll be 27 >.< I guess I'll be out of uni... doing ome job or other. Hopefully I'll have my own house but with the market like it is... probably renting. With my boyfriend though =] we'll make it that far.

It's be brilliant if I was published! But I don't have my hopes up haha.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:20 am
Jiggity says...

Well, anything could happen and I have no fixed plan.

I graduate next year, so I'll definitely have at least one degree. My current Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Writing and Cultural Studies) degree isn't challenging me so I'm going to combine it with an Education degree and do teaching.

Accordingly, in ten years time, at the age of 28, I should be teaching English or History - either part time or full time at high school or teaching/lecturing in the writing/literature courses at university. While, of course, writing in my spare time. I would like to have built a considerable portfolio of published short stories by this time.

Of course, the general location in which all this is taking place is irrelevant. I hope to conquer at least two foreign languages and either the piano or violin. In terms of relationships, I frankly hope that I'm not in one and am still happily humping anything that moves. I should hope that I make enough money to continue to travel the world, that is of course assuming there will still be a world to travel in.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

Reviews: 4
Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:25 am
Kakburken says...

By thirtyone I hope to have at least one book published but realistically I think it'll be hard to find the time to write. Me and my girlfriend's first child will be ten, and I've finished my education to marine biologist four or five years ago. That will consume a lot of my energy. Hopefully I'll have a decent job within that area, doing some research about marine life or maybe climate changes, but it's far from certain. It all depends on who's willing to hire really. The dream would be to work on a boat in the caribbean or some other warm sea. Exploring the deep-sea tombs would be awesome.

We'll live in a small house, preferably with a nice view, and a library with a fireplace. :)
'Cause baby I´m a lazy thrillseeker, I hang at home watching horror movies while you're in the dark dropping smiley groovies.

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:41 pm
Sean says...

Well-off enough to afford the things I want.

this is said more in hope than expectation of course.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:02 pm
unsterblichkeit36 says...

Um... graduating college. Yes i am twelve. There should be no age limit for a passion and my mother says that i am very mature for my age... I hope that i will have a boyfriend; not engaged; not married. Living in a house on the beach with my friends Lizzie and Nicole. Um...student teaching maybe. Going from publisher to publisher.
-SaraRose

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:45 pm
ScriboErgoSum says...

In ten years I'll be 25 ( :shock: ). I'll be out of college, and I want to have at least one novel published by then. If I'm not a full-time novelist at that point, I'll probably be working as a journalist.

I see myself maybe living in Europe. No kids. Maybe I'll have a boyfriend, maybe not, but that's kinda hard to predict. :P

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:46 pm
Alainna says...

I would have finished Uni three years earlier (unless I did a Masters or post-grad but I doubt I'll be able to afford it).

Hopefully I'll have a little house somewhere with either a friend or boyfriend(?!!). I would like to be in the process of publishing a novel - maybe working for a newspaper or magazine as my actual job. I haven't really decided on my career path so who knows what the future holds.

I'll have at least two cats by then. No children unless I'm a little crazy.

Wow, 25 seems like quite a scary number actually.

xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:50 pm
Blink says...

TL G-Wooster wrote:Lying on the sofa, enormously fat, surrounded by cake crumbs and dirty plates, with the laptop on my stomach.

Snap!

But maybe, just maybe it will be chocolate cake. Perhaps I will be a good writer by then :)
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:35 pm
Leja says...

Hmm, In ten years, I hope I'll be working for the New York Botanic Gardens and plotting like mad for NaNo 2018 :P

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:41 pm
Kyuubi says...

In ten years, I'll be 25. I see myself graduating college and going off to work for Bungie or Bethesda Softworks. Hopefully, anyway. College is a set thing though.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:31 pm
Manny says...

At the ripe age of 28, I hope for a lot of things. I want to have at least one book published, maybe two if I overcome laziness. I'll be living in Maine or Vermont and working as either a waiter at a lobster shack or harvesting maple syrup. I really hope to live in Maine, so I can enjoy the nice salty fishermen smell with a slight hint of buttered lobster. Possibly living in a two bedroom house with a library. Maybe a girl in the picture, maybe not.

I am always saying "Glad to've met you" to somebody I'm not at all glad I met. If you want to stay alive, you have to say that stuff, though.
— Holden Caulfield