z

Young Writers Society

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:46 pm
View Likes
Cyvain87 says...

10 years from now I'd be 41 and i would hope my chronic pain condition would at least have a diagnosis but something deep inside me tells me i probably won't and things likely won't change much. So much i wanted to do i don't feel like I'm ever gonna be able to now. Sorry if this sounds kinda depressing but that's truly how i feel right now. I have tiny little what seems impossible hope things will change but my instincts ew telling me otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reviews: 0
Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:51 am
View Likes
TeaParty says...

Oh boy, its crazy to think that 10 years from now I'll be 25 years old. I envision myself being a very successful woman by that time and becoming as wise and knowledgeable as possible. I strive to learn new things every day and become the kind of person others look up to.
I would really like to become a writer of some sort. I love writing poetry, articles, novels and all kind of different types of writing (I've even become interested in copywriting recently). Although I also enjoy business, finance, biology and nutrition as well, therefore I have no idea how I can incorporate all my talents and interests into one profession.
I see myself moving from my humble home in Canada to Australia to switch things up. I hope to find the love of my life who shares my compassion with equal return and loves me for who I am.
I want to make a difference in this world and change the way others view the possibilities of the future.
10 years from now, I'll obtain my teenage desires and become the best version of me possible.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Stay Imaginative, Stay Inspired

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:08 am
View Likes
bigsisfarmer says...

25 years old.

I would have finished Law School.

I would be either a Lawyer, Politician, or a Writer.

I wouldn't mind to have a boyfriend either, but that doesn't matter as much.

Wow, that sounds boring once I say that out loud.
I want to read your works!

Message me about anything! I'm always willing to talk.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:14 pm
View Likes
Amabilia says...

hopefully living in Scotland or Italy and owning a bakery/cafe/bookshop.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:00 pm
View Likes
ThePenultimateGinger says...

Damn, I'd be 25, somewhere in the London area, working in a forensic science/crime scene investigation job. Or an internship, at least. Tbh I'd prolly not even be done with college by then because I'm going for some pretty ambitious degrees, but it's nice to dream.
“I really think that everyone should have watercolors, magnetic poetry, and a harmonica.”
― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:21 pm
View Likes
Anamel says...

Hopefully have this book done by then lol

Random avatar

Reviews: 36
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:28 am
View Likes
GodfreysBouillon says...

Last edited by GodfreysBouillon on Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

561 Reviews

Reviews: 561
Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:25 am
View Likes
Atticus says...

I'll be 26. It's crazy to me how old that is and how young that is at the same time. I hope to have a master's degree in biomedical engineering and either pursue my PhD in the same field or have an entry-level job at a company or nonprofit as a prosthetic designer.

I hope to have a comfortable group of friends as well. I don't particularly care if I end up in a romantic relationship or not; as long as I have strong platonic fulfillment I think I'll be okay.

Maybe I'll get my novel published by then, but maybe not. It'd be cool to be published, but that's secondary to my career goals.

Oh, I also hope that I'm happy. Whatever that means or whatever that looks like, I want to find it.
[he/him]

"tiktok and giving children meth are my passions" ~ @ShadowVyper
"carinas long foretold chaos protege" ~ @veeren
"smol bean, future of chaos" ~ @carina

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:40 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I wish I had posted in here back when it had its second wave of activity in 2018 so I could see what I had envisioned two years ago, but here's my current self's guesses on my future:

In ten years from now, I'll be 29 (!). I'll have graduated from my master's program a few years before and officially have become a teacher in my beloved home state. I'll be teaching biology at a high school in some rural/suburban area; I just know I want to teach in a place that reminds me of my own high school. If I'm lucky, I'll have already been certified or have gotten certified to teach AP Environmental Science.

I'll also have gotten at least two WIPs published. Knowing me, I'm not really sure what they'll be. I'm also hoping to have a podcast or two under my belt by then; I feel like that's something I can do in the next ten years.

(If I still haven't gotten around to making my name in the literary world, future me and current me are going to need to have a talk. :P)

I'll be living in a house not too far from parents and hopefully not too far from my brother. While I may not be in a relationship yet, I'll happily be living with Leo (who I can't even imagine as a two year old cat, much less an eleven year old one!) and potentially my adoptive child. Adoption is something I definitely want to do before I'm thirty, but it's hard to say how quickly I'll be able to do it - or what my future kid will be like.

And, of course, I'll still be here on YWS - you guys aren't getting rid of me anytime soon! :P
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:55 pm
View Likes
JoyDark says...

In 10 years... it's a good question. As a irresponsible teenager who is still learning how to set goals and plan, I'm not sure what I want for my future. In 10 years, I'll be 25. I'll probably be out of college with some debt and a decent job. I'll either be living alone, a little hermit of a person, or I'll be living with a friend, maybe even a boyfriend. Though that's kind of a crazy thought, being in a relationship.

I'm not sure how much money I'll have. That'll depend on my job. Maybe I'll be a scientist. Maybe I'll be an English teacher (yep). Maybe I'll be something completely different. It might be too early to tell. I'm only 15 right now, after all. Isn't it too early to know?

Either way, it's fun to speculate. In 10 years, I might come back to this and laugh at my amateur predictions. It'll be like looking into a time capsule. I imagine that when I look back at my writings from this time, it'll have that same time capsule feeling. I want to still be writing in 10 years. I don't know if I will ever create something in its entirety because I am extremely noncommittal, but maybe that will change with age. I can't tell the future. And quite frankly, I'm not sure if I want to.

:mrgreen:
she/her

woah
i actually made a post
pretty radical if you ask me

Reviews: 0
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:16 am
View Likes
Natusya says...

10 years is a long time, but if everything goes according to plan, I'll probably be starting law school, living with my cousin, her husband (he's a lawyer, which I want to be), and their daughter in Canada, if they let me, and knowing them, I'm sure they will. I'll be friendless probably, but maybe that's for the best. Not only for myself, but for others, too.
Add an extra 10 years, which is when I'll probably be somewhere, actually doing something. I'll be a lawyer taking on the most difficult cases, defending assumed criminals, and real criminals. I'll live in a small house in Canada with my rats or birds, alone because I don't want to get married (I'm aromantic and asexual), and with no children whatsoever because those terrify me. I also don't want a roommate after hearing about how much those suck. So my salary, no matter how low, will be just enough, maybe even more and it'll be easier to save for retirement.
Now, if nothing goes according to plan, I see myself dead.
All are scoundrels.

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:18 am
View Likes
LittleLee says...

Simple. I either see myself as a successful writer or as someone sobbing their heart out in a dingy, paper-plastered little room in the middle of nowhere.
Last edited by LittleLee on Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:39 am
View Likes
Lib says...

I'd be 23 years old. O.O

I see myself in my cozy little apartment where I'd live with my birds and two cats. I'd be going to university, working towards my Masters in Elementary Education alongside volunteering at my dad's clinic. I'd also be wrapping up the last draft of my novel, getting it ready so I can give it to publishers, see if they like it, etc etc.

I also low-key want to start a Youtube channel and start my own little animated series for kids because apparently my humor is script is not bad? Maybe I'll give it a go. A couple of videos, then we shall seeee.

And I'd be living in the city where I'm at right now! Not to the place I'm moving, but I'd stay in this city for the rest of my like. I said earlier that I'd like to volunteer at my dad's clinic, but I have this obsession with volunteering so I'm going to go volunteer at the local community center and library as well.

Also, I want to do a crazy amount of photography, riding, archery and swimming! I'm seriously obsessed with it all, even though I might not show it much. :P

To be honest, I don't really care much if I have friends? I'll have my cats and birds to keep my company but a sweet, loyal, trustworthy friend would be nice. And then I'll have all of you guys so that's a lot as well.

Of course if all this happens, I'll be super duper happy, livin' the dream, ya get?

But if not then I'll probably cry into my mom's shoulder everyday and stay at home curled up into a ball in bed.
*insert quirky signature here*

Reviews: 1
Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:01 am
View Likes
STRvArmory says...

Nowhere in particular, but with more chunks of my training complete — of that, I am certain. I'm used to traveling, so, no place is home to me.
Hopefully, wherever I am, my writing will be better, and I'll have stable professional position to support my needs, and answer to those of my parents if possible. I'm already away from home, but I try to keep in touch. I do hope I won't have given up on doing that, ten years from now.
Greetings.

Call me Mory.

I'm working on a worldbuilding project called The Wonders of Pujil Archipelago. You can find it here: The Wonders of Pujil Archipelago

If you have a Kuzco in your life and they don't turn into a llama, bail.
— Alan SeaWright