z

Young Writers Society

The Official Goodbye/Departure Thread

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:10 am
View Likes
AstridBartleby says...

Thanks for the help. That's too bad that I can't. Ah well. It can't stop me. Thanks again.
"Think: who has vans, huh? Soccer moms and serial killers." - Libba Bray Going Bovine

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:24 am
View Likes
LemonyIce says...

Right. Okay. So. I know I've said this so many times before, and I've never actually done it. Hopefully, I'll be able to do it this time.

Yup. I'm leaving, yet again.

Not because I'm depressed or upset or something like that. It's just that I really need to start concentrating on school and studies, especially because the next three years are going to be very difficult for me. It may or may not be permanent, depending on how serious I feel about this tomorrow. If it was my choice, I wouldn't be leaving at all, but Mum has had enough of me "being lazy" and "not studying at all".

Also, I've become horribly addicted to YWS and I'm really starting to think that it's not good for me. I think some time away will do me good.

So yeah.

Ciao~
I'd rather waltz than just walk through the forest.
The trees keep the tempo and they sway in time.
Quartet of crickets chime in for the chorus.
If I were to pluck on your heart strings would you strum on mine?

~Plant Life, Owl City

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:17 pm
View Likes
JabberHut says...

D'aw.

School first, though! YWS shouldn't be taking over your life, so certainly balance the two out. Your education is far more important! YWS is just a bonus. ;) We look forward to seeing you around again, though. We'll miss you! <3
I make my own policies.

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:30 pm
View Likes
PixieStix says...

I'd never think I'd have to post here. But...here I am.

As most of you know, school is starting for me. My mother doesn't think I study hard enough, and that's why I got held back TWO grades, but, I kind of agree that I need to focus on my work. I'm not saying I'll be gone for good until the school year ends, I'm just saying I probrably won't be on. I'll check in once a week or something due to the SB's I've been participating in, and a novel I'm writing with a friend. I will stay committed.

I'm not leaving now, just in around four or five weeks when school starts. : (

~Katie~
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:03 pm
TheClosetKidnapper says...

Pix's post reminded me of this place and reminded me of how close I am to my departure....

School starts in seven days for me. I have the most challenging schedule of my high school career and honestly have no clue how I'm going to be able to do anything besides eat, sleep, and do homework at the end of the day. As I've told some of my buddies on here before, I more than likely won't be able to come on much, at least not for the first two weeks. Because of this, I've dropped all SBs I'm in and am trying to withdraw from being on here so much as it is. I will check in, promise, due to my involvement in the two novels I'm writing with friends and the occasional chit chat, but I'll have to limit my time spent on the computer completely.

I'll miss everyone when the time comes and will probably die trying not to open my laptop and log on to the site... Or log on during school like I did last year. All that aside though, I bid everyone a early goodbye. Life is gonna suck without YWS.

- Rocky.
I'm never what I like
I'm double sided
And I just can't hide
I kind of like it
When I make you cry
'Cause I'm twisted up, twisted up
Inside

Semiautomatic
twenty one pilots

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:07 pm
View Likes
PixieStix says...

NO! *Grabs hold of legs and tries not to let go* No, Rocky. You shall not leave us. Check in. I demand you. *cries*
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:20 pm
View Likes
JabberHut says...

Teehee. Don't worry, you two! YWS will still be around for when you return. It has been for nearly eight years worth of members, and it shall continue to do so!

But YWS shouldn't come before school, and it's wonderful to see you all taking action and putting school first. It's very admirable and responsible. Much luck to you all in your studies! <3
I make my own policies.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:54 pm
View Likes
VampireSenshi says...

This is probably just gonna be a heads up, but I might as well get ready for it...

I'm going into High School this year, so it's going to require 102% of my focus and time. My parents won't let YWS get in the way with my work, and I don't think I should either, no matter how much I'd like too. So of course I won't be on as much, like Rocky, I'll certainly check it and post once in a while. But I'll definitely be gone, at least for the first month.

But fortunately, I still have about three of four weeks left before summer starts. So this isn't goodbye just yet. But I'm softening the blow for when I actually do have to leave. And that's gonna hit me pretty hard, I've made some pretty good friends here...

- Andrew
<YWS>
<NE1>

NIGHT is always watching...

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:26 pm
View Likes
Blues says...

Aaaaand another one.

I'm off on holiday for about a week and I doubt I'll be able to get wi-fi there without paying a ton of money (a "small fee"). I'll drop by if I can because YWS keeps me sane but if I can't, bye! :)

I hope to be back with a nice long blog post and photos :D

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:20 pm
Nook says...

Hey, everyone. Aqua here.
Just wanted to let everyone know...that it's most likely I will be leaving in the next two weeks. My school starts around that time, and I feel that I REALLY need to focus on school work more. Plus, this next year is going to be the hardest year I've ever had, with my SBA's and and basically the hoards of work my teachers will put on me. But don't worry! It's not as serious as some of the rest of the people here! I simply won't be on as much as I usually am...just checking in maybe 3 times a week or if I'm lucky...4!
(Mostly because YWS is kind of my life, and I'll be killing it by leaving forever. So, I took the decision to come back in intervals. ^^)

So, an early good bye! Oh, YWS, I'm REALLY going to miss you!!!! :smt022
HERE>>OTAKU FOR LIFE<<HERE
"People's feelings are memories that transcend time[that's why they're so hard to forget]." - Steins;Gate(Makise)
"I'm not stupid. I'm just too lazy to show how smart I am." -Hyouka(Oreki)

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:50 am
wordsandwishes says...

Hey everyone!
I just thought you might want to know that, since school's started, I won't be able to come on much.
miss you guys ):

w&w

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:08 pm
eyeofthestorm says...

School started a few weeks ago.
I'm probably going to need to stop going on YWS in my study hall.
And in computers class.
And in chorus.
So that will limit the time I'm on, definitely.
Bilbo: What have I got in my pocket?
Gollum: Handsies!
Bilbo: Nope, guess again.
Gollum: A knife! No, no...
Bilbo: Wrong again.
Gollum: String! Or... Nothing!

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:51 am
Nyl says...

Advance goodbye..just in case I can't/forget to say goodbye..School starts on Oct..so yeah..I might be on a lil here and there to ask answers for my assignments..kidding..love yah people! bye
"I'm writing the next big thing, aren't we all are?" Hei

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:08 am
Fishr says...

Hi guys.

It's been a fun and exciting seven years on YWS.

However, I do not come on the boards, if it all anymore.

Instead of a long Good-bye letter with some pitiful excuse of why, I shall quietly exit and bid a fond farewell to my YWS friends.

Perhaps I may return in the future, for now, Adieu.

Fishr/Jess
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:34 am
Nook says...

Okay, well, THIS goodbye is final.
Bye, guys. I'll miss you. xoxo

^^
HERE>>OTAKU FOR LIFE<<HERE
"People's feelings are memories that transcend time[that's why they're so hard to forget]." - Steins;Gate(Makise)
"I'm not stupid. I'm just too lazy to show how smart I am." -Hyouka(Oreki)

Be the annoying goose you want to see in the world.
— Welcome to Night Vale