z

Young Writers Society

The Official Goodbye/Departure Thread

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:28 am
fragile_heart(!) says...

I'll be gone from Tuesday until next Tuesday on a vacation to Florida, so I won't be very active. I'm not sure if there's going to be a computer, but I'll expect the worse.

Goodbye, YWS :'(

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:23 pm
Blink says...

I'll be off to Manchester tonight and then Crete tomorrow and be back in 15 days. I'm more or less certain I will be able to get on most days, but maybe not. So. Don't have too much fun without me.
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:48 pm
Demeter says...

"Can I come along?"

It'll be strange, with or without you. ;)
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:55 pm
Musicaloo7311 says...

Hi guys. Err. I hate goodbyes. Maybe this should have been a blog post. I don't know. I'm trying not to make a big deal out of this.

So, I've been doing some thinking. And I'm going to leave YWS.

I love you guys, but I realized over the summer that I can live without obsessing over the internet. And I liked it.

I'll be so busy, and I neglected my responsibilities when I already wasn't busy. I know, I know, I said I'd be back, but thing is, I think it would be better if I wasn't. I never post my work on here, never even review. And I"m really, really tired of hiding this site from my parents. Makes me feel guilty!

Didn't picture myself leaving this early when I first joined, but it just feels... right.

Sorry if I don't get to say goodbye to you guys. I will miss you, but I just have to get back to "real life."

Love you guys. You helped me through a lot, and I wish you all the best.

Love,
Music

P.S. If you see me trying to creep back on in a few weeks, please, please yell at me. It's hard to leave, but I think it's going to be for the best.
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:00 pm
fragile_heart(!) says...

Noooooooooooooooo! Music! :cry:

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:59 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

Goodness, I don't know what to say. It looks like Music has says it all.

With June leaving for a month, Jon, Music, Lucy, and the rest...

I need to live and become something. I'm getting left behind with my friends and I need to focus on achieving those goals I promised I'd achieve.

I joined YWS to improve my writing, and I've improved more than I could've ever imagined. But my mentors are leaving... Rosey's going to college, June will be soon, YWS is going down for a week, everyone has school.

I'm leaving on the 15th, my birthday O_O, or perhaps earlier since I'm moving and I won't have internet connection. I really wanted to be featured member, so if anyone threatens that title, could you guys help me out a bit?

Thanks guys ^^ You're really awesome.

After I leave, I'll be back sometime in September, the 15th of Septmeber most likely. Hopefully by the time I come back, I'll make you all proud. Maybe even be the editor of the newspaper team. 10th grades up ahead, I have proficiencies, AP classes, and I plan on taking over the school. Top seven nothing is my goal ^^ I have a rank 3 to defend, and a rank 2 to conquer.

I only hope I've returned to favor of helping members of YWS the way you all have helped me.

Happy summer ^^ Happy fall ;) I'll be back to see you all xD

Yeah, what a wonderful good-bye poem.

-Shina
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:55 pm
View Likes
Sleeping Valor says...

*sigh* I really didn't get to do any writing this summer. >.<

Anyways, I am going to officially put myself as AFYWS because I am moving (provinces) and until I have all my stuff packed, furniture bought (and moved) and myself registered for university I am going to be very busy and probably won't have time for much of anything else. So I'm off for August (though I might drop in here and there) and hope to be back in September.

Have fun everyone!

^_^ Keek!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:46 pm
View Likes
mimimac says...

Hey guys...

I'm sure most of you know I haven't been active in ages, and like music I said I'd be back. But the thing is (like her) I've realised how nicer my life is when I don't fixate on websites and don't feel the need to go on the internet all the time.
I don't want to review 24/7 and I'm more into my friends and actually living my life in the real world.
I will really miss all you guys, all the amazing times in chat and all the times people have written hour long reviews for me and have helped improve my writing.
YWS is awesomesauce and rocks my socks, but I'm moving on. :/

Thanks for everything, everyone! Maybe one day I'll come back, who knows. But for now I'm gone. Sorry if I didn't perform my instructor duties enough...
Go yws!

Wooo!

xxMiaxx
-mors aut honorabilis vita-

Forget the prince with a horse, I want a vampire with a volvo.

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:30 pm
Pippiedooda says...

Hi everyone :)
I haven't properly been taking part on YWS in ages now so I'm sure it won't really come as much of a surprise when I say I think I'm going to give it a rest altogether now. It feels so sad just saying that seeing as YWS was once such a big part of my life and I feel has helped me so much as a writer and just in general. Everyone on here is so amazing! I'm sure I'll come back here every now and then as I don't think I'll be able to resist taking a look once in a while or maybe coming back after a break but for the time being at least, I don't think I'll be on here very much. Thankyou so much everyone for helping me in my writing and talking to me and just making my time on YWS loads of fun :D I'll probably carry on with the story I have been posting on here so in future there might be more on that :) This is actually making me quite sad writing this, bye all and I will miss you!!!
Pippiedooda xxx
"Your mother is a hamster and your father smells of elderberries"
-Monty Python and The Holy Grail

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:40 pm
Incognito says...

Oh my goodness. All you guys are leaving!
This is horribly sad and depressing. I will miss all of you for certain. And Pip, I would just like to thank you for the awesome reviews you were always willing to hand out.
Aw, this forum makes me depressed.
But, on a cheery note, I am not leaving forever, but I shall be going incognito in the wild Canadian outback. I will be back in a matter of a week.
~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:59 pm
Kamas says...

This is so sad. D:
I'm like shina. All you guys helped me so much! But now you guys are all leaving!
At least visit once in a while. Or a while! :smt003
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:00 pm
Elinor says...

My first day of school is on the 1st, which means I only have the rest of today, Saturday, Sunday and Monday before school begins. Let me just say that I am appalled that the summer has gone so fast.

I did have a lot of fun, but school can put a lot of stress on your shoulders. There are tests, quizzes, homework, relationships, social lives, track, cross country, and even after all of that, I'm going still need to keep working on Into the Depths.

This should be one busy and hectic year, because I want to get good grades. I don't want to miss any homework assignments. That being said, this is a tentative "goodbye for now" post. I want to focus the free time that I have to write. I'll come on occasionally, but that much during the week. I'll be on in the weekends.

This is an amazing website and It's helped me grow. I've made some pretty awesome friendships, but school has to come first. I have to make all A's and I don't want a family trip to get canceled because I failed a class, like it did this year.

I'll come into chat more (when my ban is lifted), I'll talk, I'll post a few works, I'll review when I can, but I definitely will not be on as often as I used to be.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:13 am
View Likes
foxfire says...

i will be leaving for almsot the whole of november due to exams though i will visit YWS for a very quick while sumbitting some reviews but i won't last here for more than five minutes
John McClane: Drop it. It's the police.
Tony: You won't hurt me.
John McClane: Oh, yeah? Why not?
Tony: Because you're a policeman. There are rules for policemen.
John McClane: Yeah. That's what my captain keeps telling me

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:06 am
View Likes
BondGirl007 says...

Hey everybody, so yeah I'm not going to be here for a few weeks. I really need to focus on my school work, and sorting out some family issues. But hope to be back as soon as I can. I'll miss everyone.

<3~Hope
"I'd rather be hated for being who I am, then loved for who I'm not."

Random avatar

Reviews: 45
Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:25 am
JustDance says...

awwee..love you Hope <3

Poetry lies its way to the truth.
— John Ciardi