z

Young Writers Society

roleplay

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:07 am
View Likes
Galatea says...

Is anyone here interested in message board role playing? I think it's fabulous, personally. Lemme know! I'd be happy to facilitate and GM a game here...or whatever!! Or we can just talk about role playing. You do it? Have you done it? Did you like it? (ooh this sounds so dirty...)
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:08 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

*risks looking like a total geek*

I LOVE ROLE PLAYING!!!

*ahem*

Sorry. :D I used to RP on this one Harry Potter site.. it was in email form half the time. I had a lot of fun with it, but the site shut down because only a few members were posting :( I saved the character sheet just in case I found another HPRP site.

I looked around on an LOTR site, but it was too complicated to create a character, so I gave up lol.

Anyway, I'd love to do it, if anyone else is interested.. I may not always have time to post, but I have a few characters that I'd love to use, and they'd fit pretty much anywhere.
Love and Light

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:06 pm
View Likes
WinterGrimm says...

I'm in. (As long as I don't have to wear the french maid outfit again.)
That love is suffering is easy to see, for before the love becomes equally balanced on both sides there is no torment greater, since the lover is always in fear that his love may not gain its desire and that he is wasting his efforts.
Andreas Cappelanus, The Art of Courtly Love

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:17 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

Yeah I do it at a bunch of places on writing.com. I'm afraid of getting too tangled up in too many characters, but sure.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:12 pm
View Likes
iced.cappuchino says...

Roleplaying is my life.

I haven't rped in such a long time. Anyone willing to start something up? A usergroup would be nice =)

[EDIT] Er.... it occurs to me... that the storybooks are kinda like roleplays. Except they're... called storybooks. o.O

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:25 pm
View Likes
ZZAP says...

I'll participate!
I like rping...
Nate may set up a thread for us! Yeppeee! Actually he doesn't even know about it yet... :oops:

-Z

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:35 pm
View Likes
Perra says...

I used to RP a lot. For about three years, maybe...But it was always only animals, mainly wolves. :mrgreen: They're funner than people because they're not people. But I've never really RPed people except for when my best friend and I RPed Harry Potter through e-mail. So, I'll join in, if it's non-real-world. But forgive me if I decide to do more creatures than people.
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:48 pm
View Likes
Elocina says...

OK, time for my ignorance to show. I haven't RDed. Sounds like fun, though, and I'd be willing to have a go.

:cry: *sigh. Straight-A student who has one major gap in cyber-education* :cry: My family'll disown me and make me sleep in the barn...

Not. :lol: I'm fine.
Feeling stupid? Follow me!

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:11 am
View Likes
electricbluemonkey says...

Crysi wrote:*risks looking like a total geek*

I LOVE ROLE PLAYING!!!

*ahem*

Sorry. :D I used to RP on this one Harry Potter site.. it was in email form half the time. I had a lot of fun with it, but the site shut down because only a few members were posting :( I saved the character sheet just in case I found another HPRP site.

I looked around on an LOTR site, but it was too complicated to create a character, so I gave up lol.

Anyway, I'd love to do it, if anyone else is interested.. I may not always have time to post, but I have a few characters that I'd love to use, and they'd fit pretty much anywhere.

What LotR site was it Crysi? I NEED TO KNOW!

Role playing...hmm...sounds like a good idea. I'll join too. I'll contact Nate and tell him about this, although I would need details about it. What do you want really, just a role playing thread? Or something bigger like a chat thread or something?
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

64 Reviews

Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:23 am
View Likes
Elocina says...

OK, I tried hinted at it before, so I'm gonna ask outright:
What is role playing? If I don't get an answer I'm gonna pm Nate, Zzap, Firestarter, or someone.

87 Reviews

Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:31 am
View Likes
Perra says...

I thought you were hinting that...
RPing is kind of like acting. You are a character and are telling what the character is doing and such. Other people are other characters, and you interact with them. Is that a good explaination?

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

64 Reviews

Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:48 am
Elocina says...

Sure. Now that you mention it, I saw my friend doing something like that, so that was probably it. Didn't occur to me what it was. Sounds like fun. If it gets started on this site, tell me.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:04 am
View Likes
Nate says...

ZZAP wrote:I'll participate!
I like rping...
Nate may set up a thread for us! Yeppeee! Actually he doesn't even know about it yet... :oops:

-Z

I read everything ;)

I didn't take a stance on this earlier because I wanted to see how it would turn out; that is, do people prefer a forum for rping or an usergroup? A forum is nice as people have to do nothing to join, but I've seen plenty an open rping thread fall apart due to the actions of a few.

An usergroup, on the other hand, would allow the group leader to control who is allowed in the forum and can kick members out if they do not behave themselves. But it also has the effect of restricting access; thus the roleplaying, while it does continue, remains somewhat static.

Personally, I prefer the usergroup. After all, rping can take place in The Lounge or in the storybooks if people so desire it.

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:16 am
View Likes
Galatea says...

I also like the idea of a usergroup. Yay!
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

87 Reviews

Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:41 pm
View Likes
Perra says...

Yea, a usergroup does sound better than an open RP. If people join the usergroup, it means that they'll probably be more active in it. If it's just an open board, we might get people posting every once in a while, leaving us hanging and filling in things while trying to keep the story moving with them in it.

Need a Critique?

A wizard is never late. Nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to.
— Gandalf