z

Young Writers Society

YWS Over The Years

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:47 pm
BigBadBear says...

Oh man. Does anyone remember the Chimped Out version? That's what I used. I loved it.

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:03 pm
Sins says...

Is it worrying that I remember the April 11, 2008 one despite the fact I hadn't joined the site by then...? Maybe I'd looked at it a few times before, but was too much of a pony to join. (I'm so using pony instead of wimp now.)

I remember the August 2009 one perfectly though. xD
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:10 pm
LastPaladin says...

BigBadBear wrote:Oh man. Does anyone remember the Chimped Out version? That's what I used. I loved it.

-Jared

Vaguely Jared :), that was time Nate allowed us to change background.
You poor take courage
You rich take care
This earth was made a common treasury
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace
The orders came to cut them down

Billy Bragg - The World Turned Upside Down

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:23 pm
Nate says...

Well, the option to have a dark color scheme may be coming back. However, the reason that option disappeared is because it doubles development time. It was absolutely awful for me. It's not simply a matter of me allowing it or not; it's a matter of time, which is something I don't have nearly enough of.

168 Reviews

Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:26 pm
LastPaladin says...

Nate wrote:Well, the option to have a dark color scheme may be coming back. However, the reason that option disappeared is because it doubles development time. It was absolutely awful for me. It's not simply a matter of me allowing it or not; it's a matter of time, which is something I don't have nearly enough of.

I meant no disrespect Nate, just simply stating it wasn't available anymore. I don't mind how the background is for me right now :).
You poor take courage
You rich take care
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:05 pm
View Likes
BenFranks says...

This was quite interesting, considering I was quite a later arrival to YWS (2010) and didn't realise how drastically the design had changed. :P

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:14 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Updated with a screenshot of how YWS looked under the old noteboard theme. That's how YWS looked from early December 2004 until mid January 2005. Before then, it was just a standard old phpbb2 theme.

Bek ->> Hope you're happy!

LastPaladin ->> I know, and reading over my post I realize that it does sound defensive. I was trying to explain why it no longer exists. But, like I said, the dark color scheme may be coming back.

168 Reviews

Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:24 am
LastPaladin says...

I actually remember Notebook theme, okay this proves it I remember too much about this site. :P. Also Nate no bother, misunderstanding yes :).
You poor take courage
You rich take care
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:42 am
Lavvie says...

This is nice to see, since I've only been a member of YWS almost a year. It's quite interesting, actually!

Lavvi

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon May 02, 2011 1:21 am
Jiggity says...

:o I miss that white background so much, talk about an emotional punch in the face. 2005...that was the year, alright.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Mon May 02, 2011 1:34 am
BondGirl007 says...

Kamas wrote:The last three. Oh the memories <3
"I'd rather be hated for being who I am, then loved for who I'm not."

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Mon May 02, 2011 2:22 am
Calligraphy says...

Great work nate! I think that in each picture it improved slightly. Now the reviews are just rolling in. I think the teams were such a good idea!

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Mon May 02, 2011 3:16 am
JabberHut says...

Omg, the nostalgia.
I make my own policies.

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Mon May 02, 2011 1:00 pm
LadySpark says...

I like 2008's version...
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Mon May 02, 2011 3:19 pm
StellaThomas says...

I remember the August 2007 one! Because I joined in December- except the header was different. It was the world made out of tiny little lights. Nate, honestly, that header was the reason I joined. Seriously. I loved it.

Then, like, two weeks later it turned into the Writing Gooder anteater. Which was cool too.

Nate wrote:Well, the option to have a dark color scheme may be coming back. However, the reason that option disappeared is because it doubles development time. It was absolutely awful for me. It's not simply a matter of me allowing it or not; it's a matter of time, which is something I don't have nearly enough of.

I always wondered where it went! Not complaining, don't worry, I love our current blue :) But I remember that in the beginning everyone had loved the dark one (actually, I think the general term used to describe it was "shmexy") and then I went on holidays or something and came back and it was gone. I always wondered if there had been some big YWSpolitical argument over it and you had gone with the blue or something. Weirdly I never asked- and it turns out to be something so simple, lol. (I mean. Not simple. Because it was complicated for you. But the reasoning behind it.

Anyway. This was fun to look at!
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

I like anchovies~ but nobody calls me that.
— alliyah