z

Young Writers Society

TOP TEN WORST BOOKS

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:35 am
View Likes
IceCreamMan says...

Hmmmm... when I read the Lion, Whitch and the Wardrobe series I thought they were fabulous... but I haven't looked at them since then so I really have no idea if they were really simple narrowminded meaningless things or if there good and you just have different taste in books or whatever...
Clementine: This is it, Joel. It’s going to be gone soon.
Joel: I know.
Clementine: What do we do?
Joel: Enjoy it.”
-Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind-

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:29 pm
View Likes
uniaeca says...

The worst books have to be the mills & boons books. If you read just one of the books you've read them all. I used to read them out of boredom but now that I have access to better books I find them hideous and absolutely pointless.

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:01 pm
View Likes
Chevy says...

bubblewrapped said:

3. I hate to say this, but LORD OF THE RINGS (Tolkien may have been a brilliant man, but he did not know how to write. End of story).

I wholly agree. I don't see whats the big deal about the LOTR series. Neither Harry Potter. I am not one for fantasy. I didn't mind the LOTR movies but the books keep going on and on and on and on.

bubblewrapped also said:

4. Lemony Snicket's Unfortunate Events (I loved them at first, but after three or four books, I got bored. Now I find them hideous).

Yes, the books were rather annoying if you ask me. Lemony Snicket interuppting every five seconds to tell you something totally senseless and way off the wall. The movie wasn't as bad as the book. Well, wouldn't have been as bad as the book if they hadn't used Jim Carrey for Count Olaf. First of all, Jim Carrey's acting is for comedy--not A Series of Unfortunate Events. Second of all, they only used him to attract a large crowd.

Don't gobblefunk around with words.
— Roald Dahl