z

Young Writers Society

Apparently We All Have A Deathwish.

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:18 pm
deleted6 says...

TOKYO (AFP) - Hi-tech mobile phones and leisurely baths are well-known passions of the Japanese -- and apparently they're not mutually exclusive.
(Advertisement)

A survey released Monday showed that 41.2 percent of people in the country have at least once taken their mobile phones to the bathtub to make calls, type e-mails, listen to music or play games.

I kid you not. I wouldn't dream of taking my mobile into the bath or shower. More Here

We've got one heck of deathwish though. Electrocution sure is horrible death. This would be hilarious if this wasn't true O_O.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:35 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

I don't think a cell phone battery would pack enough punch to kill... Would it? xP

I think I've used my phone in the shower once, but only because I was waiting for a semi-important text. :D

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:07 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

Methinks that there isn't enough power in a cellphone to kill. Also, I don't think the danger is the same. Any device that needs to be plugged in the work would have a 'live' flow of energy, but something with a battery wouldn't, right? ^_^ When I was a kid I took my Little Mermaid Tamagatchi into the bath.

>_>

Apparently being the 'Little Mermaid' didn't make you water proof. =P

^_^ Keek!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:12 pm
Meep says...

It might not kill you, but it probably could stun you ... and even if you didn't get hurt, your phone probably would if it got wet!

... and I love that Sega is the one that did the study. My GameGear was definitely not bath safe. (It was backlit and in color, but not bath safe.)
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:16 pm
Aedomir says...

lol! I wouldn't have thought a fine would be that dangerous though.
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:46 pm
Monki says...

Lol. My best friend's phone isn't safe from water. Or toilet water for that matter... She has dropped THREE phones in THE SAME TOILET. Lmao! Hilarious. One survived somehow (the third one). The first two... RIP.
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

Yewis superiority!
— Several authors from the auspicious site.