z

Young Writers Society

3-13-08

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:22 pm
Manny says...

So yesterday was March 13, the craziest day of my life. I went to school that morning and people were all talking about how the tech department had gone through everyone's account and were looking for a certain program that is used by Chinese people to get around their country's website blocks. So all the kids were going through their files and deleting stuff like crazy. All of yesterday and today, the office would call students who had the program at one time or another and tell them what their punishment would be. Three days of ISS, loss of exemption for seniors, NHS and Student Council members were kicked out of those groups, and a whole bunch of other smaller things. This seems like just punishment seeing how one student actually used it to make 20 computers stream music 24 hours a day for almost a week, causing the server to go psychotic. The problem was that at our school there is something called pmail, were I could take a file I have and look up your username and drop it into your pmail. Any student with the program in their pmail also recieved the above punishments, even if they had never even known about pmail. In all, 250ish students were found with the program, both guilty and innocent. The funny thing is how the school found out about the program. A kid on the yearbook staff brought the program in on a flashdrive from the yearbook room and left it at a computer. Another student found it and turned it in. The culprit also happened to have a photo of himself on the flashdrive. Another crazy event was that a student placed a cherry bomb in an upstairs bathroom, which exploded in the pipes and flooded a downstairs computer room. I don't even think the school has tried to look for anyone yet.

Seeing the opportunity, I made a badge which I glued to cardboard for people who didn't use the proxy to wear. I should have sold them, but I don't want to come back from college to make up ISS after all the other kids. Here it is:

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:36 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

Wow That's absolutely insane. Badges all around!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

Reviews: 4
Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:53 pm
zero_motovation says...

wow. that sounds even crazier than my school. o_O
I shall run into the woods and never come back, and when I come back, I'll be the 9TH MASTER!!!!
~The Rev. Avenged Sevenfold

Poetry and prayer are very similar.
— Carol Ann Duffy