z

Young Writers Society

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:21 am
AWritersFantasy says...

In the magazine I bought (which I only bought because of the article about the Indy movie- it was Vanity Fare), it basically kind of hinted at the fact that it was Marian that's the mother, but it didn't definitely confirm anything. And I also read the thing about aliens, too. x.x But, I almost don't think they'd be bringing Marian back if she wasn't going to be the mother. There's only one other character that could be the mother and didn't end up dead in the movie she was in, which is Willie, but I doubt that would happen.

What I'm kind of sad about is that Short Round won't be in this. I know a lot of people find him annoying (my two best online friends, for example, who both equally cannot stand Temple of Doom), but he was a cool character. Although, I think I would rather have Sean Connery come back over Short Round.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:13 am
Twit says...

I liked Short Round as a kid. He might not be the same all growed up. Though his presence did make for some... mush moments. >.<

Isn't Marion in this movie, though? And John Hurt being her dad? I assume that has significance. :roll:
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:39 pm
AWritersFantasy says...

Marian is in it, but I don't know who John Hurt is. o.O I'm almost 100% positive that Shia's character is going to end up being Indy's son. We'll see, though.

I think my three favorite parts with Short Round were when he and Indy were playing cards and they started arguing, the part where Short Round was all cute with the elephant he was riding, and the part where he poked Indy with that hot pole or whatever and said "Indy, I love you!" which brought him out of the spell he was under. <3 It was cute.

But you're right, I don't think it'd be the same with him being grown up, which is probably why they should've done this movie sooner.

Ogres are like onions.
— Shrek