z

Young Writers Society

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:56 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Trailer

Well, we've been waiting for it for nearly twenty years (well, I haven't - I wasn't born when the last one came out), and it's finally set for release on May 22 of this year.

Looking forward to it?
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:05 pm
Twit says...

Oh yeah! Definately! My worry is that they'll have completely wrecked it, but the trailer looks promising.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:04 pm
tinny says...

My computer doesn't like the trailer D: I'll have to try again later...

I'm looking forward to this so much! I've loved the Indiana Jones films since I was an ikkle kid.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:27 pm
Rei says...

For sure. I was so excited when I saw the preview in the theatre! Since then, I've watched the other three movies twice. He's so gorgeous!
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:37 pm
Autumn says...

ohh yeah! can't wait for it!
But there's still tomorrow
Forget the sorrow
And I can be on the last train home

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:11 am
AWritersFantasy says...

Excited because it is, after all, Indy, but I am extremely cautious. It's been so long since they've made any Indy movies that I don't know how good it will actually be. But then again, they waited a long time to make the Star Wars prequels, and...

...Well, Revenge of the Sith was good, right? XD

But yeah...I want to try and get a huge group of people together and go. It opens the day after my friend's birthday, so if things work out, I will be going to see it with her.

As a cool side note, part of the movie was filmed in Connecticut, which is where I live. Unfortunately, not in my town. Not that I can blame them- there isn't very much I could see being worth using in a film in my town. D: But I remember when I heard they were filming it, they did a showing of the first movie. I wish I had gone to see it. And just the fact that Harrison was in my state? YES.

I wish Sean Connery was in it again, if only because I know he and Harrison hate each other, but it makes for such a good father/son chemistry.

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:10 pm
Adnamarine says...

*sighs* Indiana Jones... wow. I got all excited when I heard that Cate Blanchett is in it! I think she's the bad guy... but she looks terrible in it! Oh well, she's a phenomenal actress just the same. And then there's Shia LeBeouf. That should be interesting.
*sings Indy theme song* Can't wait!
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

685 Reviews

Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:11 am
Rei says...

This should definitely be better than the second set of Star Wars movies. I mean, isn't Spielberg directing it? Although they are both genius film makers, Steve is far better the George Lucas as a director. I'm probably going to go to the midnight showing of it with my dad.

59 Reviews

Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:10 am
AWritersFantasy says...

Yes, but Lucas has a lot to do with it. Also, Steven helped with Revenge of the Sith, and look at how well (or...badly, I suppose, depending on your view of that specific movie) it turned out. It was easily the best of the three prequel movies.

I totally need to watch either on one of my days off or on Saturday before I work...from 5-10 PM. -Cries-

685 Reviews

Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:46 pm
Rei says...

The problem with Revenge of the Sith was very simple: all done on sound stages, overuse of computer animation, and George wrote the script. I don't know all the details, but I don't think Lucas wrote this one.

59 Reviews

Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:52 pm
AWritersFantasy says...

I agree that he did go over the top with some of the special effects, like adding modifications to R2 that he doesn't have in the original movies- making him fly and stuff. Even though he didn't really overdo it in the other two movies, RotS still came out the strongest. Part of that is due to the acting talent...and I'm totally not just saying that because I'm a huge fan of Ewan and Obi-Wan as a character, but just in general.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:09 pm
Twit says...

ROTS was the best out of the last/first (whatever. The most recent) three Star Wars movies. They won't be able to do too many more Indie films before Harrison Ford has to be held together to do it all, and it wouldn't fun anymore. If they got another actor, it just wouldn't work. So, hopefully, they'll have made this one good, 'cos they know it might be the very last.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

59 Reviews

Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:12 pm
AWritersFantasy says...

I would think that it would have to be the very last movie. It's been too long...it worked with Star Wars because...well, there was more to the original story. There was Luke's story, and then there was Anakin's story (or vice versa, but technically it happened in that order). With Indy it's just...Indy's story. And I would absolutely cry if the rumors are true about Shia's character being Indy's son and they made more movies about him. Unless, of course, the character turns out to be absolutely lovable, but...no. They just need to put it to rest.

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:22 pm
Aedomir says...

This looks great! Although I have hread bad things... aliens come...
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

685 Reviews

Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:09 pm
Rei says...

What George needs to do is start making movies that have nothing to do with Star Wars or Indy again. He made a bunch of them in the 80's.

And I doubt they'll make more with Indy's son. Though I am curious who the mother is if he really is Indy's son. Most likely Marion from the first movie.

The ink in which our lives are inscribed is indelible.
— Helena 'HG' Wells, Warehouse 13