z

Young Writers Society

Purty picture...

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:50 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Anyone else noticed the cool new picture slide show on the homepage? It's so purty - the picture changes every time you click the arrow. Quite mesmerising.

I'm a-thinking there's a correlation between the genre of the story and the picture. *feels clever* :P
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:48 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

It is pretty! But sometimes it just keeps showing me the same picture/story and I don't get to see the others! >_>

I like the little castle one best, and the mountains! XD
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:50 pm
Nate says...

There were some problems with it before, but it's all working now! The slideshow displays the top 5 stories by gold stars over the past week. The coding is from:

http://smoothgallery.jondesign.net/

Like Kaz said, the pictures relate to the genres. For some, it works really well. For others... not so well. Eventually there'll be a way for users to associate a picture with their work.

Unfortunately, though, none of my favorite pics are showing! My favorite one (historical fiction) is below:
Attachments
61.jpg
61.jpg (61.48 KiB) Viewed 181 times

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:58 pm
Twit says...

I saw my thingiebobbie up there! :shock:

... Only once, though. :wink:

Very cool wotsit.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

i am neither a loose leaf nor do i like loose leafs. really, i am a piece of wide-ruled looseleaf paper
— looseleaf