z

Young Writers Society

Vantage Point

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:50 pm
Passion's Killing Floor says...

I saw Vantage Point yesterday. I must say, it was excellent and I am most definately buying it once it hits DVD.
Who ever wrote it is brilliant. So much detail and research must have gone into that movie. I wonder if it's based off of a novel. If yes, I must read it.
Have any of you seen the movie, and what did you think? Wouldn't it make a great novel? (That is if it isn't already.)
Not to mention Dennis Quaid starred in it! I love Dennis Quaid. ^_^

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:50 am
Gahks says...

This film was a good piece of popcorn. Worth seeing for the innovative concept - similar to the long-dead TV series 'Boomtown' - but the ending is VERY cheesy! I thought the twist was an interesting idea but somewhat implausible. I felt Sigourney Weaver was very underused - she is such a great actress.

Overall, not bad. 3.5/5
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

404 Reviews

Reviews: 404
Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:17 am
Gadi. says...

I hated it. Or at least disliked it. It was not original at all--Rashomon, heard of that? And the acting was terrible! I expected the talent to be blooming out of the screen, but Whittaker killed me with his innocent "oh, you're so cute" act and the rest were awful. There was not one good performance in that whole movie. The special effects were good, specifically the chase scene, though the length of some parts, specifically the car chacse, were too long and thus deemed this movie tedious. The switches between viewpoints was exhausting.

So I'd give it 5/10.
my world isn't only beautiful
it is so far away

How can I be king of the world? Because I am king of rubbish. And rubbish is what the world is made of.
— Kate DiCamillo, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane