z

Young Writers Society

Zune

97 Reviews

Reviews: 97
Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:41 am
SpencerNolanRivers says...

so i'm considering buying a zune instead of an ipod. tell me if you agree or disagree with this decision, why or why not. and please dont post "ipod rule! zunes are gay!" or anything in that nature, i find it immature, thanks.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:46 am
TNCowgirl says...

Ok, what are you lookin for. I've owned one of both.

Zune-doesn't have a sleep feature, or games, you have to get a certain program to put videos on it. But it is cheaper for more space.

Ipod- Sleep feature, games, alarmclock.

Tell me what you are looking for in a mp3 player and I'll tell you which is better. No I'm not bias. i like them both equally.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

97 Reviews

Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:52 am

what exactly is a sleep feature? sorry, i'm slow.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:00 am
Teague says...

A sleep feature means you can set it to turn off after a set period of time. So that if, say, you're going to take a nap and you want to use your iPod to help you fall asleep, you can set it to turn off automatically after X number of minutes, in case you fall asleep and can't turn it off.

Most electronics have it. Especially radios and stereos.

I've never actually seen a Zune, so I can't help you compare. But I do love me my iPod.

-:pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:43 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

Yeah, the Zune doesn't sleep and it's resulted in a dead battery many a time for me.

But I love it all the same...

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:36 pm
Prokaryote says...

Zune has wi-fi so it can "squirt" songs to other Zune users. It also has FM radio, which last time I checked the iPod didn't have... someone correct me if that's changed.

Also has a bigger screen, but same resolution as the iPod.

Prok

97 Reviews

Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:38 am

i've been on a Zune community forum and alot of people posted problems with their zune and troubles with the software? is hardship with the zune common or are those just some unlucky people?
House: People interest me. Conversations don't.
Foreman: Maybe because conversations go both ways.
House & Foreman: Like Thirteen.

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:55 am
Prokaryote says...

KikiSaysRAWR! wrote:i've been on a Zune community forum and alot of people posted problems with their zune and troubles with the software? is hardship with the zune common or are those just some unlucky people?

Dunno, but keep in mind people are going to have problems at times with any piece of software.

Prokaryote

97 Reviews

Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:41 pm

Prokaryote wrote:
KikiSaysRAWR! wrote:i've been on a Zune community forum and alot of people posted problems with their zune and troubles with the software? is hardship with the zune common or are those just some unlucky people?

Dunno, but keep in mind people are going to have problems at times with any piece of software.

Prokaryote

true. since Microsoft takes a week to ship online will it take an entire week for me to get a zune if i order it from say, Best Buy?

404 Reviews

Reviews: 404
Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:58 pm
Gadi. says...

I have a zune at the moment and I think we are both doing pretty fine. Everyone thinks he's ugly, but he's really cool. He charges up easily, he gets song easily, and yeah--no sleep feature, but if you want to sleep so bad with songs in your ears, well, I don't know what to tell you. And there're lotta times when people play videos and the battery will just zoom down to 5%. But I gotta say, it was worth the price. (99$ I paid.)
my world isn't only beautiful
it is so far away

404 Reviews

Reviews: 404
Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:58 pm
Gadi. says...

By the way, I called mine Harold. And it's brown and big and bulky.
my world isn't only beautiful
it is so far away

97 Reviews

Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:55 pm

Gadi. wrote:By the way, I called mine Harold. And it's brown and big and bulky.

yay! i'm not the only weirdo that'd name their mp3 player! if i do get a zune it'll be pink, and i'll name her Quinn.

We are discreet sheep; we wait to see how the drove is going, and then go with the drove.
— Mark Twain