z

Young Writers Society

Panpsychism, in philosophy

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:52 pm
Chevy says...

This could be debatable, I'm not sure, but I read that "Panpsychism, in philosophy, is either the view that all parts of matter involve mind, or the more holistic view that the whole universe is an organism that possesses a mind."
My interpretation is that it's the issue of what IS the mind or what is OF the mind. In other words, are all objects within the mind, or is the mind apart of all objects?
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:22 pm
onceuponatim3xo says...

Woah, freaky! I really have no idea which it would be. Umm.... so let me get this straight: you think that either the mind imagines everything in life and none of it's really true it's just imagined - or, well.... I don't really know what you mean by the other one (I'm pretty sure that my desk doesn't have a brain)
It is better to travel well than to arrive.
-Buddha

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:57 pm
the morrow says...

Considering what is scientifically known about the nature of the brain, the mind cannot construct perception without stimuli. That said, there must be an objective world from which stimuli originate. So it depends on what is meant by "objects." A "tree," for example, does not exist in the real world, only in our minds. But the matter, and the light that bounces of it, does, else we would not be able to conceptualize the tree.
t h e m o r r o w
there is no gene for the human spirit

>>Online Writing Contest for Charity: Please Respond
[http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic32589.html]<<

As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.
— Andrew Carnegie