z

Young Writers Society

Idea!

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:24 pm
mirandamaddness says...

I had a cool idea...

Oh! You want to know about it...welll why didn't you just say so?!?!?!

Anywho...Here it is:

I shall create a story using people from YWS...but first I need people...

Just fill out this form about yourself and weeeeeeee I'll start writing:

Name:
Nickname:
Being (what are you):
Appearence (be descriptive):
Family:
Pets:
Best Friends (has to be from this site):
Describe room:
Way of speaking:
Physical characteristics:
Items in backpack or purse (trust me...this can tall loads about people):
Hobbies:
Favorite sports:
Talents:
Relationships (how you are with other people):
Fears:
Faults:
Good points:
Wants more than anything else in the world:
Other stuff I may need:

P.S. Sorry about the hyper-ness I'm just haaaaappy...
*The Self Proclaimed Queen of The Maddness Minions*
GOT YWS? (cause I sure do)
"Everyone has a song that tells about themselves, but I have an entire soundtrack."
~Anonymous

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:24 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

=P Okies. I hate to see this with no replies, but I don't actually want to join myself up to this little project.

Which I think might be the case with some other people. You ask a lot of personal questions, which people might not want to answer about themselves.

Now, if you were to ask us to provide you with the skeletton of a character so you could put it into a story (and maybe give the people little notes saying they contributed) then that might get more responses. As possessive as we writer's are about our ideas, we are even more protective of ourselves.

^_^ Keek!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:53 pm
Firearris says...

With the name and Nickname, I am just using YWS stuff, because I can't give out my real name; but feel free to make up a name for me! :)

Name: Firearris
Nickname: Fire, Arris, Firearris. (Or whatever someone wants to call me, like Penguin calls me Saari)
Being (what are you): Human
M/F: Female
Appearence (be descriptive): Blue eyes, freckled and fair skin, honey hair.
Family: Mom, dad, sister.
Pets: Female cat named Juney.
Best Friends (has to be from this site): Dreamer, (She is my sister) Sumi H. Inkblot, Derek, Black Cat Sachiko, Dream of the Fayth, Suzanne, and more people. (Just look at my friends list)
Describe room: Rain forest theme.
Way of speaking: um....not sure.
Physical characteristics: None
Items in backpack or purse (trust me...this can tall loads about people): Money, earphones/ipod, deodorant.
Hobbies: Catching reptiles.
Favorite sports: Basketball
Talents: Basketball, reading.
Relationships (how you are with other people): Just friends.
Fears: None that I can think of...(Make them up.)
Faults: stubborn
Good points: Good with animals.
Wants more than anything else in the world: Laptop/CPU
Other stuff I may need: I am tomboyish.
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:31 pm
Jennafina says...

I'd be fun to be in your story. ^_^ Some of the personal questions on your survey scare me, though. I hope you don't mind if I skip them.

Name: Jenna

Nickname: Jen, Jenny, 'Fina

Being (what are you): Ghost. (jk.)

M/F: female.

Appearence (be descriptive): Plain and tall. Sorry, but I'd rather not give more details here. Feel free to invent!

Occupation: Prophetess. In my spare time, though, I work at a health food store.

Family: Mother, father, and little brother.

Pets: Two goldfish: Uno, and Dos.

Best Friends (has to be from this site): Elizabeth and Emer

Describe room: My bedroom? It's horrible. I went through a pink phase in seventh grade and painted the walls bright, barbie-doll pink. The carpet was already cerulean. Before that, my favorite animal was a leopard, so I have animal print sheets and curtains.

Way of speaking: I tend to invent words.

Physical characteristics: I hate being cold, so I always dress in tons and tons of layers.

Items in backpack or purse (trust me...this can tall loads about people): Wallet, random bunch of receipts, ticket stubs, gum, mascara, plus a jumble of coins from all over: pesos, euros, and american money.

Hobbies: Painting, sailing, writing, playing instruments.

Favorite sports: Fencing and sailing.

Talents: Haha, very few. I'm not bad at cooking and baking and I can sail pretty well. I pick things up pretty quickly on the piano.

Relationships (how you are with other people): fairly quiet. I try to be friendly, though.

Faults: I ask too many questions, and tend to give up easily.

Good points: I'm usually generous, and a perpetual optimist.

Wants more than anything else in the world: to travel.

Other stuff I may need: just ask if you need anything! :) That was fun.
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:52 am
Layleun says...

Name: Lupe

Nickname: Lupe

Being (what are you): A werewolf of course

Appearence (be descriptive): jaw length, light brown hair, large green gray eyes, five five, tanned olive skin

Family: Mother, father, two brothers, a grandmother, three aunts, five uncles, nine cousins (must I go on?)

Pets: White parakeet named Tubby

Best Friends (has to be from this site): Boon (Ashy), Frenchchilla (Rhianna), Saint Razorblade!

Describe room: Green/turquoisey color, a bed, dresser, desk and closet. The normal stuff.

Way of speaking: I imitate people sometimes but my language mostly consists of growls, yips and body language (Seriously)

Physical characteristics: ^Already listed^ and there is usually some paint or dirt or something covering my hands and arms

Items in backpack or purse: Books, iPod, Nintendo DS, some sort of food, lucky antler, paper and pen

Hobbies: Writing, exploring, swimming, reading, kayaking, fishing, making things

Favorite sports: Softball, swimming, volleyball

Talents: I can cheer people up and I haven't met anyone who can hold a grudge on me. ^.~

Relationships (how you are with other people): I'm a follower who goes with the flow. When I get excited I'm a loud mouth. For some odd reason I have these dog like quirks, cocking my head to the side, ducking my head when someones mad and is about to whack me. Very stubborn with my point of view.

Fears: Spiders

Faults: Extremely gullible, ditsy at times, I can't take a hint

Good points: Good with animals, creative

Wants more than anything else in the world: The ability to fly ^.^

Other stuff I may need: Die hard tomboy!

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:31 am
Maybe says...

-Name: Maybe

-Nickname: Ari or Mays

-Being (what are you): Demi-God! (Or human...)

-M/F: Female

-Appearance (be descriptive): I can alter her appearance at will, but normally assumes the form of a dirty-blond girl with green eyes. I'm normal height and have a slim build.

-Family: Mother, Father, Brother, and a million members of my extended family.

-Pets: Dog (Rosy), Cat (Neia), and Hamster (Escape (If you've ever seen Finding Nemo, it's pronounced the same way Dory pronounces it when they're trying to escape the ship and Bruce))

-Best Friends (has to be from this site): Bella (Bella), Boon (Ashie), Alice (Alzz), and TNCowgirl .

-Describe room: A mess. A random jumble of books, art supplies, a day-bed, a futon, skateboards, surfboards, etc.

-Way of speaking: I tend to speak quietly (usually mumbles) so people have to lean in to hear. When I'm hyper, I speak really fast and usually ends up jumbling up my words so much that they don't make sense anymore. (Ex: Yay, i book today a got!) I also, along with Lupe, tend to cock my head to the side when I'm confused or concerned.

-Physical characteristics: Scar across my chest and normally wears a hoodie and jeans.

-Items in backpack or purse (trust me...this can tall loads about people): I don't carry a purse, but in my backpack is at least one pad of notebook paper, my iPod, cell phone, pen drive, at least one book, sketch pad, camera, laptop (occasionally), bunch of random papers, candy, and pencils/pens.

-Hobbies: Writing, running, surfing, skateboarding, reading, procrastinating, and taking photos of whatever i can find.

-Favorite sports: Swimming, fencing and running.

-Talents: I'm good with words and writing.

-Relationships (how you are with other people): I'm usually shy and quiet.

-Fears: I have a fear of being caught in a who-lives-who-dies situation (unlikely, but you never know).

-Faults: Pretty stubborn and doesn't like to open up to many people.

-Good points: Good at giving advice and making people feel better.

-Wants more than anything else in the world: To have an adventure of my own. (Like in the storybooks, save the world kind of thing. Far-fetched, i know, but i can dream, right?)

-Other stuff I may need: Is about as far from 'girlie-girl' as you can get. I'm a major tom-boy and am not afraid to get dirty.
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:41 am
TNCowgirl says...

Name: TNcowgirl

Nickname: Mabel

Being (what are you): Angel

Appearence (be descriptive): medium length brown hair, bright blue eyes, tan skin,
skinny, not frail though.

Family: two younger brothers, younger sister, older sister, parents

Pets: cat (Smokie), dog(Toby), horse(Nightmare)

Best Friends (has to be from this site): Ummmmm, can't say i have one

Describe room: a mess of clothes and books

Way of speaking: southern accent, can talk really fast but only when excited. People say I talk their ears off. :D

Physical characteristics: Athletic, normally wears an oversized hoody, jeans, and sometimes a print shirt, never really wears make up, and always has hair up,

Items in backpack or purse (trust me...this can tall loads about people): Doesn't carry a purse, just school books in backpack

Hobbies: Horses, reading, writing, Riding, horses, did I say horses. :P

Favorite sports: Barrel racing

Talents: Isn't scared easy, um, good with animals and writing

Relationships (how you are with other people): Gets along better with guys, in real life, but can get along with everyone, knows people really well.

Fears: Being alone, darkness, and yes this is cheesy: throwing up.

Faults: Talks to much most of the time, tough, doesn't really let to many people close.

Good points: Caring (when needed), loving, sweet

Wants more than anything else in the world: To fall in love with someone I'll be with the rest of my life, publish a book, and train horses. :D

Other stuff I may need: Short, like five five, um, tough exterior hiding soft interior. MAJOR TOMBOY!!! But if it was between life and death can act like the biggest girly girl. Would rather get in a mud fight then go shoping. In fact hates shopping other then for horse stuff.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:58 am
JabberHut says...

Well, this is a cute idea. ^^ I guess I'll donate myself. :wink:

Name: Jabber The Hut (first, middle, last ^^)
Nickname: *deep breath* Jabber, Jabbs/Jabs, Jabbo, Jabb/Jab, Hut...goes on forever :lol:
Being (what are you): Human. I kid you not.
M/F: Well, now this is a controversial subject...until one looks at my profile. :lol: I'm even considered an it sometimes...:roll:
Appearence (be descriptive): Dirty blonde, blue-green eyes, 6'0 tall, pale with a pretty sweet band tan. :wink: I wear t-shirt and jeans, with my awesome-cool letterman jacket. ^^
Occupation: Citizen of Drama City (translate: student in high school :x)
Family: Mother, father, lil' bro, lil' sis
Pets: One cat (Luther, though Woofie is her nickname ^^)
Best Friends (has to be from this site): I feel bad about listing. Just look at my friends list. :)
Describe room: I'm never in my room, but shoes scatter the floor in front of my closet, the top of my dresser is like a junk drawer, the top of my desk is piled with more junk, and my book shelf is piled with books galore. ^^ The carpet's a gross green color and the walls are white.
Way of speaking: I...don't know? =/
Physical characteristics: I think I answered this already. :x My bad
Items in backpack or purse (trust me...this can tall loads about people): I have no purse (I got pockets! :P), but I got so much stuff in my backpack. I have the necessary books/binders/notebooks for classes, as well as a notebook for story ideas, more school supplies, my iPod, my cell phone, candy (always and forever more :lol:)...
Hobbies: Play flute, play piano, read, write, sleep, play comp games
Favorite sports: I like to watch Baseball, Volleyball's fun, and I play in my school's Marching Band (the best sport ever!)
Talents: Flute, piano, I guess writing is on the list somewhere, probably more I can't tell ya right now. ^^
Relationships (how you are with other people): I don't like to make bad impressions on people. I want to be friends with everybody. :) I tend to just go with the flow if I think it's reasonable. However, I'm mainly a leader since I believe in what I believe and no one's gonna change that unless they have good evidence. :) Not shy anymore, more outgoing than anything (seeing as I'm an upperclassman, I don't have to worry about embarrassing myself too much :lol:)
Fears: People hating me. If they prefer not to talk to me, that's fine, but if they hate me and stay away from me...:oops:
Faults: I procrastinate. That's just a big one, and I no doubt have more that I can't think of. :) *is in a good mood*
Good points: Get along with everyone, help others
Wants more than anything else in the world: To meet my friends on YWS :)
Other stuff I may need: Purple's my favorite color! ^^ Next to blue.

Woot, fun times. Now the entire world knows me...:shock:

Jabber, the One and Only!
I make my own policies.

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:19 am
BigBadBear says...

Name: BigBadBear

Nickname: Jared, 3B, BBB

Being (what are you): an all outstanding and amazing guy, that's what I am!

M/F: Male

Appearence (be descriptive): Extrememly tall (in both directions [i.e. tall and chubbster] blonde hair, glasses, straight teeth and amazing features. :D

Family: Mom and Dad. 3 brothers, who sometimes I think are really not guys... One is 16, the others are 11 and 9. Or something like that.

Pets: a doggie named Benji!

Best Friends (has to be from this site): Black Cat Sachiko, Jamielicious, JabberHut, Manties ^_^

Describe room: Very blah, other then my very not blah bed, which is minorly black and majorly cool.

Way of speaking: (disgustingly) I say 'like' a lot!

Physical characteristics: Extremely tall. I think I said this up there...

Items in backpack or purse (trust me...this can tall loads about people): Sadly, I don't have either.

Hobbies: Writing, writing and... writing.

Favorite sports: I loathe sports.

Talents: Writing music. Playing piano. Yeah. Fun jazz like that.

Relationships (how you are with other people): Currently have a gf would I want to strangle. :shock:

Fears: I hate spiders. And alllllll lizards. Ew!

Faults: Can get extremely jealous of guys who take his girfriends... and loves to eat junk food.

Good points: Is.. um... funny? Charming?

Wants more than anything else in the world: To be a published author.

Other stuff I may need: Uh.. I love to crack my fingers!

Wow. That was fun.

BBB
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:22 pm
StellaThomas says...

Name: Stella Thomas (not my real name but hey)

Nickname: Luna

Being (what are you): completely and utterly human. No magic powers, no secret past, none of that. I'm just the girl that gets caught up in everything.

M/F: F

Appearence (be descriptive): 5'5. Quite pale, with freckles across my nose. Quite curvy. Dark dark hair that's about just past my chin, layered, with Irish dancer ringlets. Grey blue eyes with a splodge of brown in one.

Family: two parents, one brother, 17

Pets: 2 dogs, Holly and Bella, one stupid, one insane. Both small and black, one labrador cross, one kinda spanielly, both rescued.

Best Friends (has to be from this site): look at my friends list. I'm new here!

Describe room: bright green, dark blue curtains, wooden floor, wooden wardrobe and bookcases. Bright orange desk and chair and lampshade. Pink sheets, rainbow striped duvet. Fairy lights, a calendar of Monet's gardens, a framed Breakfast at Tiffany's and a framed gone With the Wind poster. Shoes and hats all over the place, diary and books on the floor, guitar in the corner.

Way of speaking: Right. My accent. Half Dub, half Belfast. Sounds somewhere between New Zealand, South African, English and New York. Say "Like" a lot. And "craic"

Physical characteristics: average height, not skinny, not fat.

Items in backpack or purse (trust me...this can tall loads about people): Handbag = a flowery thing I got for 3.50 in Penney's.Camera, iPod, phone, tissues, either a book or a hat.

Hobbies: reading writing, piano, guitar, sewing (I know), hockey...

Favorite sports: hockey (that's field hockey to Americans). And watching rugby.

Talents: writing, Grade 6 piano, I'm kinda smart :)

Relationships (how you are with other people): a lot of friends, some very close, some not so much. Always ready to make a fool of myself.

Fears: hm... nothing in particular. Beetles. And people touching my neck.

Faults: I talk a lot and can snap at people. I'm lazy. Can be selfish sometimes.

Good points: I'm always there to listen and I rarely lose my temper (unless it's that time of month)

Wants more than anything else in the world: hm... what do I want most?

Other stuff I may need: I talk a LOT.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:38 am
mirandamaddness says...

Thanks for the replies!!!

Sorry for the bad questions...I got these things out of a book so...meh?? Whatcha' gonna do??
*The Self Proclaimed Queen of The Maddness Minions*
GOT YWS? (cause I sure do)
"Everyone has a song that tells about themselves, but I have an entire soundtrack."
~Anonymous

It's funny how humans can wrap their mind around things and fit them into their version of reality.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief