Young Writers Society

Superbowl Tourists shot outside hotel

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:24 am
Teague says...

Source.

Two firefighters, both Super Bowl tourists from Dallas, were gunned down early Monday in a drive-by shooting outside a Peoria hotel, police said.

Investigators offered no immediate motive for the incident, which occurred near 84th Avenue and Bell Road in the city's entertainment district by the Peoria Sports Complex.

One of the victims, Charles “Chucky” Whitaker, 38, a 14-year member of the Dallas Fire-Rescue Department, was airlifted to a Valley hospital where he is reported in serious condition with life-threatening wounds, said Mike Tellef, a Peoria police spokesman.

The other, Reginald Cuington, 43, a fire lieutenant and 17-year veteran, was able to walk away from the attack. He was taken for treatment at a Valley hospital where he remains in stable condition, Tellef said.

The street this happened on is one I've walked across hundreds of times. My dad manages the hotel (the Hampton you see if you watch the video) and his office window is like, ten feet from where it happened.

...This is extremely scary.
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:36 am
Sleeping Valor says...

Life is scary, all the time. And fairly unfair. There was this girl who was sexually harassed near my house... like two minutes away. o_O

What a sad thing to happen. I'm glad nothing happened to your dad.

Hope those guys get what they deserve.
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:13 am
Via says...

That is very scary! You bes be careful!

But, why? That's so random...
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemies.
— Daisy Bates