z

Young Writers Society

Question for techie nerds

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:21 am
Cade says...

So I just got a new laptop, a MacBook. I'm delighted with it. But I ran into a few problems today. They're unrelated, but I still want to know if anyone knows what's up:

Problem #1:
I'm uploading all my CDs (I have....many) onto the new computer's iTunes. They've all been going on just fine, except one. I don't know why, but when it goes in the laptop makes a funny noise every couple of seconds and it refuses to upload to iTunes. I don't know why because it uploaded to iTunes just fine on another computer. Any suggestions?

Problem #2:
I tried to install Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0, which came with my camera (because I can't afford good Photoshop!). I had it installed on another computer, a laptop PC. I think it did install on my new laptop, because I can find it under Applications and stuff, but when I try to open it, a message comes up that says, "An unexpected and unrecoverable problem has occurred because of a program error. Photoshop will now exit." I am very upset by this because it's supposed to be installed, and I really want it on my laptop so I can work with my photos.

Any suggestions? The CD is not a big problem because I'm sure there are other ways to get the album on my computer, but I'm awfully frustrated with Photoshop.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:52 pm
Via says...

Haha. Well, the CD I *might* be able to help you with by the photoshop isn't really my area.

It's most likely the CD and not the laptop. I had to reburn every one of my cd's onto my computer but I burned them into iTunes and then I got a Zen and you can't put iTunes ripped music on anything besides iPods (lemme suggest to you that you burn them into some other program first as well, and then pull them into iTunes so you don't have this problem too haha). But, anyway, a couple of my cd's didn't work the second time I tried to burn them into my computer and they did that funny noise every few seconds as well and it was the cd, not the computer. So I would suggest copying the songs from your iTunes on your other computer onto a new disc and trying that...it should work that way!

Good luck!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:28 am
Cade says...

Okay, thanks, Via. I figured I could transfer the songs from one computer to another using a flash drive or something...I've done it on other computers, I think.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:37 am
Layleun says...

Nerds *scoffs* What a wonderful word XD

Photoshop...well, I think you can only install that once, right? My friend tried to install Adobe twice and said it wouldn't let her do it. Maybe I'm crazy =/ I don't know much about the program.

Reviews: 4
Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:06 am
Soleil says...

I feel your pain! I also only have Elements 2.0. ugh. I would try reinstalling it. A have a new laptop (PC) and it also didn't work at first. As for the CD...I'm not that sure. I think the problem is with the CD, not the computer. Is it scratched at all? Hmm....not sure on that one.....

You cannot have an opponent if you keep saying yes.
— Richard Siken