z

Young Writers Society

Your Type of Storybook

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:43 am
cat4prowl says...

One of the many things I love about YWS is the storybooks. Being able to make a story with people ACTUALLY know how to spell for a change is a lot of fun. So I was wondering, what is your favorite type? What draws you in and keeps you posting?

For me, I like animal storybooks. That way you can create a whole society, the way they talk, think, "govern" themselves... it makes you think. I also like it when there's a lot of action, because fights are always fun and its interesting to not have complete control over the outcome.

So what's your storybook type? (Basically, what do you like to write but with other people hehe)

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:02 am
Alice says...

Um...storybooks where my character has a love interest and it's fun. Thats it.
I just lost the game.

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:51 am
Sleeping Valor says...

Hmm...I think I find animal ones a lot of work just because I don't know much about animals and get scared I'll look very stupid. I most enjoy story books where there is a decent plot and especially with decent characters. Also, how the characters interact definitely effects how much I enjoy it. If it all seems really fake and you can't feel the story, it's not as much fun. ^_^ Basically, I like storybooks where everyone works together to have fun while on an adventure.

And I definitely dislike ones where people's characters are from an anime. >_> *has had a bad experience with someone's characters (yes, plural) all being from cowboy bebop*
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:44 pm
Stori says...

My ideal storybook? One where two members don't invade it with romance. :(
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
Miles Vorkosigan

"You can be an author if you learn to paint pictures with words."
Brian Jacques

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:50 pm
Kylan says...

How about a storybook where people don't get stuck in the doldrums of 'introductions'?

How about a storybook where people post more than a paragraph?

How about a storybook that isn't fantasy and doesn't include any elves or dwarves or fallen humans?

How about a storybook where the story actually goes somewhere?

How about a storybook where everyone isn't beautiful and 'not muscular, but strong' and no one has a 'runner's build'?

How about a storybook with an actual structured plot?

As you can see, I'm a bitter man.

-Kylan
"I am beginning to despair
and can see only two choices:
either go crazy or turn holy."

- Serenade, Adélia Prado

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:52 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

My favorite would be one with intriguing characters. I think I could read anything, no matter how bad the storyline, if I really loved the characters. Likewise, even if the story is to die for, but the characters are just cardboard cutouts, I'd burn the book before I finished it.
I am reminded of the babe by you.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:39 pm
Layleun says...

I like storybooks with a variety of characters, not the cookie cutter ones where everyone's tall, dark and handsome (and superstrong, and never gets hurt, and [/babble])

I also like storybooks that go somewhere. Where there are different groups of people who all help or hurt or are neutral with each other. Just one blob of people isn't any fun. I'm a fantasy nut because I have an imagination and I like to use it, I don't like to be limited by reality =/

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:31 pm
Katharsis says...

One that I can keep up with. :(

The quote generator! That's a genius idea.
— Necromancer14