Young Writers Society

Inheritance 3

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:29 am
Twit says...

The Bearded One

That is amazing! A dragon with a beard! What will he think up next? It's so totally awesome!
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:50 pm
Gladius says...

Not to dampen your apparent happiness, but bearded dragons have been around for a while. That's nothing new, unless you take in the fact that so far there haven't been any mentions of bearded dragons in Paolini's books. :) Still, we've only met three, and you can hardly judge an entire race on only three specimens. ;)

Anyway--who do you think the dragon is? I'm thinking it's either Glaedr or another dragon we haven't been introduced to. Most definitely not Shruiken. :p
When Heroes fall and the Sacred Blade is captured, can Evil be stopped?~The Wings of Darkness

I'm also ZeldaMoogle on Fanfiction.net!

"Funny is a formula for which there are a million variables, and it is impossible to backtrack unless, possibly, you make a living out of it."~Rosey Unicorn

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:49 pm
Sureal says...

Gladius: Twit was being purposely ironic. ;)
I wrote the above just for you.

111 Reviews

Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:05 pm
Gladius says...

Well, he did say 'It's so totally aweseome!' as if it was the coolest, newest thing ever to happen to fantasy. :P

O.O Oh no! Let's not start another debate, please!! *begging*

EDIT: Vernon (and Twit), I was typing really quickly and just getting down what I was trying to say. Sorry about the gender screw-up!! :smt005 :smt075
Last edited by Gladius on Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When Heroes fall and the Sacred Blade is captured, can Evil be stopped?~The Wings of Darkness

"Funny is a formula for which there are a million variables, and it is impossible to backtrack unless, possibly, you make a living out of it."~Rosey Unicorn

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:15 pm
deleted6 says...

*coughs* Try look at HER profile quite clearly shows female :P. lmao. What ever will that idiot come up with next. God knows.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:44 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

I bet Paolini will take Dumbledore's beard-holder from the Azkaban movie. :P
ohmeohmy

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:07 pm
Aet Lindling says...

I bet Dragon Beard will become a necessary ingredient for the potion Errorgon must make to save the world, but this dragon is something like the Master in Manos: Hands of Fate and so, y'know, it's kinda hard to get the stuff.

Enter the Muttering Hunchback Dragon.
dun worry
it's all gun be k

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:29 pm
Kepe says...

Maybe this is a bit optimistic of me, but I think he has a chance of saving the series if the third one is really good and really original. Was the bearded dragon an attempt to be original? Well, if so it fails miserably. To look on the bright side of things, the third book could not possibly be as bad as the first movie!

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:31 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Aet Lindling wrote:I bet Dragon Beard will become a necessary ingredient for the potion Errorgon must make to save the world, but this dragon is something like the Master in Manos: Hands of Fate and so, y'know, it's kinda hard to get the stuff.

Enter the Muttering Hunchback Dragon.

:smt043 :smt042 "Hands of Fate"? XD You actually watched that?

No, no. In order for Arya to love Eragon, he must first get the Legendarye Dragone Bearde, or else they can never live happily ever after. :P
ohmeohmy

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:00 pm
Aet Lindling says...

Well, I watched MST3K's doing of it. ...45 minutes and 58 seconds, that is. -_- My father decided me and Enok were wasting our lives watching it, and the jokes "weren't that funny anyway, it's hard to get them unless you're an old guy like me, and you're kids" and made us eject the DVD! *grumblegrumble*
dun worry
it's all gun be k

111 Reviews

Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:50 pm
Gladius says...

Kepe wrote:To look on the bright side of things, the third book could not possibly be as bad as the first movie!

OMG, sooo agreed! :roll: I was maddeningly disappointed with it. *is glad she didn't go to the theater to see it* Still, the special effects were cool!

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:53 pm
View Likes
Twit says...

Wait, you didn't go to the theatre to see it, but the special effects were cool? Did you get the DVD/VHS or just see the trailer?

I saw the trailer and a bit of the movie on the 'net. I watched the trailer and started to think that it actually might not be that bad, but when Eragon struck the dramatic pose and cried, "We fight as one!" that just put me right off.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

111 Reviews

Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:03 pm
Gladius says...

lol My brother got the DVD for me for my b-day, twit. :P

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:33 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Well, the guy who played Eragon is now starring in a small-budget 12-part mock-soap on ITV. Shows what that film did for his career.

Why oh why must they release yet another crime against humanity? Not only does that have to be the crappiest title I've ever seen for a book (someone seems to have a fondness for not using enough vowels in their attempt at Tolkein-imitation), it doesn't even fit in with the rest of the series - the previous two books had titles both beginning with 'E' and both with six letters, with this next one being almost a dead cert for Empire - instead, it's 'B' with eight letters. I bet he thought it would surprise us all, causing a shock wave that would shake the very foundations of the earth...

Also, the dragon should have been green, he even said so. Some may say 'they're his books, he can change them how he wants', but 'twould be nice if the man could show some sense of continuity, instead of changing his mind all the time. Now it just looks plain untidy.

To those who care, the dragon on the cover is [s]Yoda 2[/s] Glaedr. And as to the plot - well, Return of the Jedi fans should probably be sharpening their pitchforks in preparation of the release.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

A big mountain of sugar is too much for one man. I can see now why God portions it out in those little packets.
— Homer Simpson