z

Young Writers Society

Ad's Slowing Down the Site

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:24 pm
Prosithion says...

I've noticed that since Nate put all of those ads on YWS, it's been a lot slower. The pages take a lot longer to load, and it takes away from the look of the site.

May I suggest toning down the amount of ads?

-Pros
"wub wub wub wub. Now Zoidberg is the popular one."

"Computer... Captain's musk"

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:30 pm
Twit says...

Don't knock the ads. :razz: As I would say in the words of comic genius, it's easy to knock, but less easy to fill up the gaps you leave behind in consequence. Ok, that was paraphrased a lot and changed a bit, but the idea is the same.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:36 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

I am positive that the ads wouldn't be there if they didn't absolutely have to be.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:27 pm
Nate says...

Ivan ->> First of all, the number of ads has not changed one bit whatsoever. They've been repositioned, had their colors changed, but the number on each page (3 for the homepage, three maximum for topics, two on the forum indexes, and 1 everywhere else) has not changed at all.

Second of all, there is often times a mistake people make by thinking something that is happening to them must be happening to everyone else. I suggest this is the mistake you are making. According to the server stats, the page loads are actually lower than they were a week ago.

Third of all, it costs a lot to just make sure this site runs from month to month. You want to give me $200, then fine, I'll get rid of it all. That'd be awesome.

Finally, you're a JM. As such, you know, or at least should know, that the appropriate place to bring this up is not in the Lounge. It is in the Junior Moderators forum since you are indeed a JM. Or at the very least, to PM me.

This topic is locked.

I’d heard he had started a fistfight in one of the seedier local taverns because someone had insisted on saying the word “utilize” instead of “use".
— Patrick Rothfuss, A Wise Man's Fear