z

Young Writers Society

Heath Ledger Found Dead!

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:45 pm
Elizabeth says...

Oh my GOD! My world's shattered:

NEW YORK - Heath Ledger was found dead Tuesday in a Manhattan apartment in a possible drug-related death, police said. He was 28.

According to the New York Times, Ledger was found naked and unconscious with pills strewn all around him in an apartment owned by actress Mary-Kate Olsen.

NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said Ledger had an appointment for a massage at the apartment. The housekeeper, who went to let Ledger know the masseuse was there, found him unconscious at approximately 3:30 p.m. ET, according to the New York Times. After receiving no response from the actor after shaking him, they called authorities.

Whole story at:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22788914/?GT1=10755

*Weeps* Oooh Nooo!

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:52 pm
Emerson says...

Well, my world isn't shattered, but this is real depressing. He was a good actor. It's a bit creepy that he won't be alive for the airing of The Dark Night. I wonder if this will have an effect on that film and if so, what kind?

Eep... Well. It's sad how many movie stars end up in a life like that. Perhaps something should be done to reduce super star drug use?
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:53 pm
Via says...

No! Heath! *is suddenly feeling very romeo-like*

What about Matilda?!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:51 pm
Samantha Eliza says...

Ahhhhh, everyone's been telling me about this. It's so depressing :/.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:04 am
Loose says...

Oh no!

:cry:

I just read this! Weird how I had a desire to log on to MSN, which was where I was first told.

It isn't fair! Poor Heath!

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:06 am
Alice says...

*sniffles*

*tears*

He was pretty!

*crying*

(seriously I think I am!)
I just lost the game.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:06 am
Jamie Falcon says...

I just watched the story on the news, and ahhh, it's sad. It feels so weird when a celbirty dies, I mean, I always feel like they're going to live forever, but then I remember that they're people, just like us. :[

And I agree, it is very creepy that he won't be alive for the premiere of his upcoming film.

270 Reviews

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:10 am
Alice says...

I loved his show Roar, I barely ever got to see it but when I did NOTHING got in the way between me and the TV, and when I watched 10 Things I Hate About You and A Knights Tale. His voice was so pretty! I loved it! I have his song on my mp3 player! *sobs*
I just lost the game.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:13 am
Areida says...

This makes me so sad. I really love him in all his movies that I've seen... His poor little girl too. He was so young... :(
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

270 Reviews

Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:24 am
Alice says...

I'm doing a Heath Ledger movie marathon this friday.
I just lost the game.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:29 am
Crysi says...

When I was younger and things happened like this, they didn't affect me much because, relative to my age at the time, they were old.

But... I have a friend who's 27. I'm 19 myself. It... I can't comprehend it. Frankly, it's terrifying.

And very sad in this case... I thought he was a brilliant actor, very charming, and he would have gone far.

Rest in peace, Heath.
Love and Light

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:30 am
Lindsaroo says...

*sighs* This is rather depressing. I love A knights tale sooo much. And he had to die at such a young age.
"After it happened I thought that I'd just try to live as normally as possible and bury it, but things like that don't stay buried. I didn't think it would, but it taints your whole life."

"My desires were bestial, obviously." -Jeffery Dahmer.

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:37 am
bubblewrapped says...

That's sad :( He was a good actor - and so young! It's weird to recognize so many names in the obits recently. Usually it's just ancient actors/celebrities I've never heard of, but now Heath, and Sir Edmund Hillary and.... I had to read the article several times when I first saw it and I still hardly believe it *sigh* Such a shame.
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

404 Reviews

Reviews: 404
Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:38 am
Gadi. says...

It's sort of like what happened in the movie Waitress....

The director, the writer, and one of the main actresses died.

Yes, they were the same person.

And it was so weird! --because in the movie, she had so much spirit. In case you had watched the movie and don't know who Adrienne Shelly played, it's the red-headed one with glasses that married the man who she said she'd never marry.

It really made me sad...she was murdered for no reason at all...complete misfortune that could have been a wild and utter success.
my world isn't only beautiful
it is so far away

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:42 am
Kadie says...

Apparently it was NOT a suicide. He did take sleeping pills, but also he had pneumonia, so his immune system was too weak, and the sleeping pills with his pneumonia medication, i'm guessing not a good combo.

This is seriously shocking though, the guy was one of my favourite actors for a while. 10 Things and A KNights Tale are still in my fav movies.

It's a hell of a shame, especially since he has a two year old kid.

Rest in peace Heath xxx

The thing about plummeting downhill at fifty miles an hour on a snack platter - if you realize it's a bad idea when you're halfway down, it's too late.
— Rick Riordan, The Son of Neptune