z

Young Writers Society

Heath Ledger Found Dead!

252 Reviews

Reviews: 252
Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:52 am
Insomnia says...

That's really horrible. :( He was a great actor in Candy and Brokeback Mountain...

It's tragic, too. At least with Sir Ed people knew it was coming. But Heath was only 28. Why couldn't it have been Mary-Kate Olsen? Yes, that's horrible, but it would have been better for the world. :x

And I just seen the trailer for The Dark Knight. It looks amazing, so at least he finished with what looks to be a good movie. =/

Anyway, R.I.P to a great actor and person. :)

163 Reviews

Reviews: 163
Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:26 am
Kit says...

He was a great actor, of course. I can think of no one so Australian, the cheeky Perth Rock Eisteddfod boy, naming his daughter Matilda, even. A friend of mine was working on set with him on "Candy", and, he had a soul too, he didn't look down on the grips or the stylists, people were people. For an Australian country boy to play a homosexual takes a lot of guts, too, and I think in so doing he changed some of the attitudes her. We've lost a giant too soon, far too soon, just as he was coming into his own.
Princess of Parataxis, Mistress of Manichean McGuffins

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:38 am
Loranys Gellantara says...

OMG! I was just thinking about Heath last night before I heard from my sister about this. I can't believe he's gone. It's like Steve Irwin all over again! Also played a character in Home and Away in 1997 called Scott Irwin. But my favourite with him was 10 things I Hate About You.
I'm only laughing on the outside. My smile is just skin deep. If you could see inside I'm really crying

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:54 am
Emma says...

I fancied him in A Knights Tale. His voice was so beautiful. This is such a gutter that he's gone. :(

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:28 pm
GingerLizzy says...

This really is awful; I heard about it this morning.

He was a great actor.

:(
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:08 pm
BigBadBear says...

I really haven't seen anything with him in it, and it's a shame he died.

My mom said that he was the Joker in the new Batman. But considering that there wasn't a Joker in the new Batman, I have no idea what she is talking about.

Was he in Batman at one time or another?

Sorry if this was a stupid post.

BBB
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:16 pm
GingerLizzy says...

There is a new Batman coming out; well, I don't know if it will anymore, considering.

It was going to have him in as the Joker, and Justin Timberlake as Two Face. I think that's what your Mum is talking about?
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:43 pm
Myth says...

Really shocking. He always looked so cheeky.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:49 pm
[deleted1] says...

Wow.. I found out who he was yesterday. I never knew him, but it's sad :(. All these famous people keep dieing younger and younger....

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

-Rick

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:39 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

It's just strange to think that he was so young and in the prime of life, with another film coming up very soon. And yet now he's dead.

It's unfair that people with talent have to go so tragically. Why, oh why was it not Paris Hilton? If there was anyone more suited to be in his place, it's her.

[/bitchiness]

As to The Dark Knight, deaths of lead actors have never prevented a film being released before, and I highly doubt that that will be the case now. Ledger completed his parts in the film, and so the film will be released as planned. I should imagine that there will be an 'In Memory of Heath' thing at the end, though, if not something more substantial.

Such a shame.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:34 pm
The Jesseble says...

I was so shocked when my brother told me. I went all goosepimply with horror...so unexpected and tragic :(. Everything was going so well for him...it's just not fair, is it. He would have had so much fame with The dark knight out soon...ahh it's so tragic.

*screams 'whyyy?' at the sky*

My thoughts are with his family...and his two year old kid, what a thing to happen...
***The Jesseble***

Cheese Hat

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:46 pm
October Girl says...

This really sucks.... could he die any younger? If he did this for attention... (well I'm not saying he did) But! If he did that was a really stupid way to get it. But he was a really good actor and I was so freaking shocked when I heard it.... :cry: :cry: :cry:
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:13 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Insomniac wrote:This really sucks.... could he die any younger? If he did this for attention... (well I'm not saying he did) But! If he did that was a really stupid way to get it. But he was a really good actor and I was so freaking shocked when I heard it.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

I doubt that someone would wish to kill themselves simply for the attention. After all, attention at that price is attention not worth getting.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:12 pm
alleycat13 says...

It's sad. I logged on to my MSN account and found out. *sigh* I really REALLY liked him as an actor. I saw the trailer for Dark Knight, and now I want to see it even more.

About his death, they think it was an accidental over-dose. He was working 17 hour days, under extreme stress, and they think he accidently took too much sleep medicine or something. At least, that's what I've heard.

Too bad. :cry:
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

Got YWS?

I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights