z

Young Writers Society

Sex Pistols to debut new songs at Isle of Wight

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:33 am
Teague says...

The Sex Pistols could play their first new songs in nearly 30 years at the Isle Of Wight Festival this summer.

The reformed punks headline the event which takes place in June and have admitted they want to write some new songs for the appearance.

"There's talk of new material,” drummer Paul Cook told eGigs. “The only problem is that it's a bit hard to work on anything as John (Lydon) and Steve (Jones) are in America and Glen (Matlock) and I are in the UK. So, it's a case of finding the time to get together."

He added that a new album from the Sex Pistols was unlikely, but they were targeting the festival for the new songs.

"We might not pull together an album but hopefully there will be some new stuff in time for the summer," Cook explained.

Source.

Oh my god.

Hallelujah.

-:pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:08 pm
alleycat13 says...

Cool. That's some true punk for ya!

A note of interest is that I visited the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame the year (2006) they were inducted. Oh course, they spit on the honor-- http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/search/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002074816, and it was funny.

Oh yeah, I have a picture from the Hall of my brother in front of a display of Sex Pistols paraphernalia. It's cool.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

Got YWS?

fun fact i hear my evil twin once wrote a story about a hacker who used the name fyshi33k bc there are 33k-ish species of fish and she liked phishing so fyshi-33k made sense but then she got super embarrassed when someone forced her to explain
— VyperShadow