z

Young Writers Society

Glasses or contacts

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:32 pm
Jakob says...

I have just got my glasses and contacts updated. I went to -7 on the contacts and -8 on my glasses.
How many of you do wear glasses or contacts and what prescription do you have

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:37 pm
Emerson says...

I've worn glasses since I was five. I wore contacts for about a year and then went back to glasses. Contacts were awesome, and it actually made my vision better (in the slightest) but my eyes got tired.

I couldn't say what my prescription is, I don't know it off the top of my head, but I have astigmatism, so consider it a cross breed of near sighted and far sighted. Not so fun.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:54 pm
Cade says...

I've had glasses since I was seven. I wore contacts from ages 13-15 but I switched back to glasses about a year and a half ago. I started staying up really late weekends and during the summer and that's not so hot when you have your contacts in. So now I wear glasses, and I actually think I look better with them. I still have some contacts lying around...I could wear them if I wanted to. :)
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:06 pm
Snoink says...

I have glasses, but they're really really light prescription and most times, I just do without because I can see farther away better without them. I only use them when I'm on the computer or reading something, really.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:31 pm
Areida says...

I got glasses in second grade, when I was eight, then got contacts in fourth grade, when I was nine. I prefer my contacts because I see better with them. I only wear my glasses if I'm studying late at night or get up early to do homework. I had to go for an eye exam over the summer, and I wasn't allowed to wear my contacts for a week, and it drove me CRAZY. Especially for working out. Gross.

I've never had any problems with my contacts though, so I guess I'm spoiled. :P

EDIT: I'm not sure what my prescription is right now. I have pretty high myopia... I can only see about two inches from my face before things get blurry. I think I'm -8 in the left eye and -7.5 in the right, but it may be worse now. Maybe it's -8.2 in the left and -8 in the right... ah, I can't remember. Oh well.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:14 pm
View Likes
Sometimesinbetween says...

I'm far-sighted and I've been wearing glasses since I was seven months old. I got bifocals at around five, and just got new glasses without them a couple weeks ago! :D You can't wear contacts until you're out of bifocals

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:18 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

My prescription is low and I wear contacts unless my eyes are starting to hurt and then I switch to glasses. I started wearing glasses just for reading about three years back but barely bothered with them and then I was told I needed to start wearing them full time so I got contacts instead.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:51 pm
.White.Poem. says...

I've been wearing glasses since I was fourteen. Although glasses weren't exactly what I wanted, I really didn't want contacts. I'd heard too many negative things about them to want them. And I still wouldn't want them. That, and I think I look better with glasses.. But perhaps that's because I've gotten used to them. :)

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:40 pm
Ohio Impromptu says...

Oh, the joys of myopia and the unpleasantness of prolonged contact lens use.

I love my glasses.
Gone, gone from New York City,
where you gonna go with a head that empty?
Gone, gone from New York City,
where you gonna go with a heart that gone?

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:22 pm
Alainna says...

I've had glasses since I was eight and I will probably never wear contacts. I have this irrational fear of things going in my eyes (eyelashes make me squirm...) and so I don't do contacts. :D
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:35 pm
Gladius says...

He he. I first noticed I might need glasses in either 4th or 5th grade when we were driving down the road and I had trouble reading the roadsigns. So that's when I got glasses, then for my next birthday I got contacts. :D I love them--but they do bug me staying up late at night. They make me blink a lot, but if you put more solution on them without taking them out (I got a little bottle specially for that) it really helps. I even wore them overnight on riding competitions. :) I love contacts...
When Heroes fall and the Sacred Blade is captured, can Evil be stopped?~The Wings of Darkness

I'm also ZeldaMoogle on Fanfiction.net!

"Funny is a formula for which there are a million variables, and it is impossible to backtrack unless, possibly, you make a living out of it."~Rosey Unicorn

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:53 pm
Teague says...

I have glasses, and have since... fourth grade-ish? I have no idea what my prescription is but I know it basically equates to "blind as a bat without these."

I tried for contacts a while ago, but my eyes are too sensitive.

-:pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Myth says...

I've worn glasses since I was about 10 or 11 but was supposed to get it when I was 9, my parents didn't believe me when I said I could see: even my teachers said I had a problem :roll:

Never tried contacts, I'd like to though and I can't live without my glasses since my sight is so bad.
.: β‚ͺ :.

'...'

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:05 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

I'm near-sighted, but contacts can bugger off, and I don't have any glasses.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:53 pm
Jiggity says...

Wow, I only realised I needed to get my eyes checked last year. I now have glasses I never use - they don't really help much at all, only necessary for small texts in the distance and even then its iffy. Apparently I have a degenerative disease of some sort - the optemetrist said glasses wouldn't really help anyway...

So yes, I have them but don't use them.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more.
— Jane Austen