z

Young Writers Society

Chat Problems!

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:39 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

I'm in the chat, but I can't talk :( Every time I press something on my keyboard, the member list and part where I type disappears/minimizes itself :-/ Chat looks like this for me:
Attachments
gargh.jpg
gargh.jpg (106.62 KiB) Viewed 433 times
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:57 pm
Gladius says...

Hm. Not sure I can help...but in that second screen, see the little bar on the bottom left that has a red and a green dot? try clicking on the green one.
When Heroes fall and the Sacred Blade is captured, can Evil be stopped?~The Wings of Darkness

I'm also ZeldaMoogle on Fanfiction.net!

"Funny is a formula for which there are a million variables, and it is impossible to backtrack unless, possibly, you make a living out of it."~Rosey Unicorn

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:59 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

I do, but then as soon as I try to type something, it minimises itself again it's a viscious circle! Just trying it in IE because I seem to have completely messed it up in Firefox.

EDIT: Nope, it's completely pooped. :(
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:03 pm
JabberHut says...

Oh em gee! My screen looked like that once! Well, it had the funky buttons...I was still able to talk. That's weird. =/ I was on firefox at the time as well...You obviously can read other's chat.

If the green button theory Gladius suggested does not work, rebooting never hurts. Um...try refreshing, try exiting the internet and hopping back on, try rebooting...try Abra kadabra...

I'm not much help. I'm really only here to cry with you. :smt010 *huggles* Speak, my friend, speak!
I make my own policies.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:03 pm
Blue Fairy says...

hi matt

that just happened to me. it wouldn't let me write anything a minute ago.
i can't think what to do but at least your not the only one :)

i'm sure it will be fixed.

Fairy

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:09 pm
JabberHut says...

Wait...It started as really bad lag for me (took about a minute or two for the comment to come up) then my comments never seem to appear. Of course, I didn't wait. I just left because it was too laggy for any chat to occur.

As fairy said, though, it should be fixed eventually. Meanwhile, we shall crit and write to our hearts' content. :D
I make my own policies.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:34 pm
~Volant~ says...

Yeah, mine aren't showing up either, so it ain't just your computer.
Where are we going?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:35 pm
Emerson says...

It may just be a bug currently passing through the chat system. You may try restarting your browser. If it still does it, there may be a deeper problem in the chat rather than a load error. I'm not sure. Whenever I had problems they would fix by reloading the browser, so...

^^;
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:47 am
MadHatter says...

Yes, I have noticed problems with the Chat latley as well, except not the problem Matt had. When I type something and press send, it makes the noise, but takes the chat at least a minute to post my message, while everyone else is still posting away. Why does it do that?
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:02 am
Emerson says...

Yes, I have noticed problems with the Chat latley as well, except not the problem Matt had. When I type something and press send, it makes the noise, but takes the chat at least a minute to post my message, while everyone else is still posting away. Why does it do that?

That's just chat lag, when the server is slow.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:39 pm
Nate says...

All I can say is what everyone else said. Close your browser, start it up again. Try clearing out your browser cache as well.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:05 pm
Snoink says...

Yeah, sometimes that has happened to me. Just close the browser and try again... and again... and again... :lol:
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

You wanna be a writer? You don't know how or when? Find a quiet place, use a humble pen.
— Paul Simon