z

Young Writers Society

Just wondering

Random avatar

Reviews: 59
Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:07 pm
R. J. Hoffman says...

is it just me or has there been a bit of a recession as far as posts? if there has been i think it might be because of midterms coming up.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:47 am
Monki says...

Ermm... that AND (in my opinion) because of the new rule that you must review two things before you post one and that if you're going to post a story, poem, or something like that, it's going to cost you like... 150 points.
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:49 am
Firestarter says...

*moved to the Lounge*

By the way, Monki, the two to one ratio is not a new rule, and has been in place every since YWS started. The 150 points system is simply to ensure people actually do it, because there has been a lot of ignoring going on.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:56 pm
Rydia says...

I think it's just generally exams. I certainly haven't posted as often as usual this week.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:44 pm
Nate says...

What in the world are you all talking about? January is thus far on track to have well over 15,000 posts. Next highest? Last November with 11,800.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:04 pm
Emerson says...

Hahah, Nate, aren't people silly?

There has been an overwhelming amount of activity! I didn't even know there were midterms? Perhaps for some but for me I won't have tests (major ones) for a bit. :D Thank goodness!

Though I do have an ACT to take. *shudders*
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:41 pm
Monki says...

Firestarter > I do know that the two to one ratio has been in effect for quite a long time, I just mean that with the new changes and such, the two to one ratio is just adding to some peoples frustrations. :x
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

Random avatar

Reviews: 59
Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:46 pm
R. J. Hoffman says...

it was last week where it seemed posts were down abit in the area i visit the most. (fantasy) we were getting only like 5 submited posts a day, when before i remember us getting about 10 or so. either that or people are submitting more work in different genres.

I might be just insane or something though so....

No one achieves anything alone.
— Leslie Knope