z

Young Writers Society

Running!

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:12 am
Samantha Eliza says...

Hey, dudes. I was just wondering if anyone on here runs at all. For the past two weeks, I've run almost every day (I had to take a day off because I was working myself too hard, apparently. My legs are always killing me and I have major blisters.) and I'm really proud of myself. I want to run in this 5k that my city is having in Febuary, and I'm kind of nervous, because the most I've run without stopping is 2.1 miles. I'm going to try to get to three miles before the month is over.

So, does anyone else run? What kind of music do you listen to when you run? You ever get in 'the zone'? (I only have a few times, but it's AMAZING.)

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:38 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

Me! Me! Me! Although I haven't run for a while since I have work after school and I'm in an intense P.E. class. (Go read your "About the Authors" post, I replied about this. :D )
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:28 am
Via says...

I run!

Less so now than I used too...sadly. But I play soccer, so it's kind of required :)

Fast paced music, of course!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:54 am
Areida says...

I run too! Not very well, and not very far, and not for very long... but I am working on it. ;)

I like music with driving percussion. That seems to motivate me best. Occasionally I listen to rap when I run, but I prefer to save that for weight-lifting. I ran to Goo Goo Dolls the other day, which worked out surprisingly well.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

25 Reviews

Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:15 pm
Samantha Eliza says...

The Goo Goo Dolls? I wouldn't think that they'd be good to run to, since they don't have very fast beats or anything. I listen to "Bombs Over Baghdad" by Outkast, and that's a really good song to run to, but mostly I listen to Fall Out Boy's From Under the Cork Tree and sometimes their newer album, but there aren't very many fast songs on that one.

Oh, but I'm thinking of trying out for the track team. I'm not very fast, but I think that I could be good at long distance if I worked on my endurance and stuff. Wish me luck, I'm going to the meeting on Monday!

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:11 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

I was on the distance team when I was a freshman. It was really hard and I wasn't very fast, but I was in GREAT shape lol.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:18 pm
W.T.Meighan says...

I run, but I'm a sprinter, so I don't really listen to music, can't get enough inspiration from music in less than 10 seconds. :D

25 Reviews

Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:11 am
Samantha Eliza says...

I wish I was fast! When I was little, I was the fastest person ever. I could run like there was no tomorrow, and I really thought that I could win races when I was older.

And then I got boobs.

Yes, yes, it's a very tragic experience. I'm actually aching all over right now (mainly my calves and shins) because I just went for a three mile run. I'm trying to train for the 5k I'm entering, and I did the course almost without stopping. (Although, some random lady stopped me to talk about crocodiles. I could hardly see straight and she was like pointing at something, but I was like falling over, so she let me go, hahah._

WT, do you train a lot? Or are you just fast naturally?

Today is your day. You’re off to Great Places, you’re off and away!
— Dr. Seuss